Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is a very nice quality hotel and the room was nicer than expected for the price. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are visiting UMBC or going to the Baltimore area. It is also a convenient location and I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GstSvcMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review! You are correct- our hotel is 6 miles away from UMBC which is why we are an ideal location for any parent visiting their student. The next time you stay with us please join us Monday thru Thursday from 5:30pm- 7pm for our Happy Hour which features complimentary beer and wine!

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

With dozens of hotels near BWI to choose from why select the Hampton Inn? Their staff are extremely helpful and shuttle service to the airport is "on demand" with very little wait time. The hotel accomodations and food (happy hour and breakfast) are acceptable. It is the convenience to the airport and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE I would come back for. Specific example - I left my nightgown on a hook in the bathroom after we had checked out. Didn't discover until a day later when we arrived home. When we called to see if it had been found the hotel staff had saved it and it was sent to me by FedEx and arrived a few days later.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
GstSvcMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Ms. Joanne R,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! Our shuttle is always a HUGE hit with our guests and it clearly was a hit for you! We understand how important it is to make sure our guests receive anything they might leave behind no matter how small. Whenever you are in town please visit us again, we'd love to host you!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed one night before heading to Washington after traveling for 5 hours. After we got the room, we noticed the carpet was wet. I am not sure if this was because of the humidity or if someone shampooed the carpets. Either ways it was a very humid and the freshness was lacking. I did some investigation and noticed the humidity levels are above 80% in the area in general. The hotel needs to do a better job keeping the rooms sealed near the AC unit else that seeps into the rooms. At 9:30 in the morning I was in the middle of a big presentation when the internet went out. I had to call the friend desk and let them know about the problem. They were telling me to check my computer. I told them all my devices were not connecting. Finally we get a call from the front desk stating that main switch box is under maintenance. I was not able to complete my work and email it in due time. I was not happy at all. Overall, if you don't care of the humidity, then this ia a good place to stay. The internet was a one tie glitch and may not happen often. I would think twice about staying here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Bridgett S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

rainmaker74,

We appreciate your feedback. I am very sorry about the humidity and the computer issues that you encountered. We are 100% guarantee hotel. We appreciate your business and would love to take care of you. Please contact me directly.

Thanks,

Bridgett Stoddard

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel itself is nothing special. It needs to be updated. The fixture in the shower looked like it was 25 years old and dripped all night. There isn't an exhaust fan in the bathroom. The carpet in the room looked even older than the shower head. I think there was a mold/mildew issue with the air conditioning because we all woke up very congested.
The biggest asset this hotel has is it's employees. The employees were great- Mohammed our shuttle driver was awesome. He was very friendly and attentive. The lady the works the breakfast, she was so nice and was working really hard on a very busy Saturday morning. Sorry I didn't get her name.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Julesmom97,

We appreciate your feedback. The entire team is great at our location. We are very happy that you enjoyed your service from our staff.

We really appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered with your room during your visit. If there is anything that I can do for you, please feel free to contact me personally.

Thanks,

Bridgett Stoddard
bstoddard@vistahost.net

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Gabrielle and Feroz were extraordinarily helpful in dealing with a problematic reservation that would have left us with out a room. They check surrounding hotels and all were filled. Somehow they managed to come up with a room for us. Thank you for all your help.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Robert,

WOW! Another amazing review about Gabby and Feroz! I am so proud of them for helping you out and turning a potentially disastrous situation into a victory. They are such kind and caring people, and I could not be happier to have them on our Front Desk team. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback, and we will see you the next time you are in the BWI area!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Gabrielle and Feroz were great. Hotel was over booked, and they worked incredibly hard to get us a room. It was clean and quiet. We like Hampton Inn's, but the service here was some of the best we ever had. Would definitely stay here again. Carla and Bob

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Carla,

Thank you so much for choosing us here at the Hampton Inn BWI, and for taking the time out of your busy day to write such a lovely review. Gabby and Feroz are superstars at our hotel! They always go out of their way to make sure that each and every guest is happy. I'm so proud of them for providing you with such a positive and lovely experience at our hotel! I will pass your compliments along to them. We hope to see you the next time you are in the BWI region, and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nice hotel and staff but did not realize they did not have a pool for kids until after arrival. Just didn't research as well as should have. Perfect place for the business traveler or family with no kids.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our lack of swimming pool; however, we do invite you to stay with us if you ever need a quick rest before a flight. Thanks again, and have a lovely day!