“Do NOT Stay Here If You Value Your Dogs”

Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

You think your experience was bad...the management at Motel 6 at BWI tried to get my husband's and my six rescued puppies taken away from us because there was no water in their kennels - never mind the AC was going and our dogs would have only spilled the water - and there was no food in their kennels - our dogs are not grazers...they eat at 8 PM every night and two of our dogs are thin - one is a Greyhound and one is a puppy. This was after on just the strength of a noise complaint, they entered our room while we were gone without even calling us first and they allowed local cops to enter without a search warrant. We were cuffed and everything. Thank God the animal control officer had some common sense. This happened last night and honestly, so upset...we drove 6 hours straight home. All they accomplished is that we are going to sue Motel 6, all of the employees on duty last night, the police and sheriff's departments , the city and county we were in, and every police officer we encountered last night.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank orangeblossom941

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I know the drill. The room was clean, most everything worked and was safe. My dogs stay without fees.

cons
wifii was out
pool was closed
phone was out
and ice was out
they give you a double bed if you do not ask for a larger one
only one chair in room
no shampoo (usual)
billboard outside rate was cheaper than Expedia booked rate.

yes I would stay again

Room Tip: Ask for larger bed, 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom W
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I checked in at 10 and departed at 4AM for an early flight. The room was clean and didn't stink. I slept 4 hours and didn't feel like paying double or triple at a "nice" place like Aloft nearby. I did ask the deskclerk for a reduced price and stayed for $35.
I showed up early in the lobby and the shuttle took me to the airport on time.
For someone who can sleep in a tent outside in February, this place was fine. If you want fancy, don't check into a low-price motel and then whine......

Room Tip: are you kidding? Just get any room. If the first one stinks, ask to see another.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 2005-travel-lover
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and i came to this motel 6, after having a horrible experience with another motel six in Baltimore city ( we should have seen this coming). My husband reserved a room for us, but when we got there the front desk clerk was so rude . she said no rooms was ready and told us we have to wait( might i add it was past 3 pm). we sat in our car for 2 hrs, we went back into the hotel, and she acted like we had no business in there. she talked so rude to us, i demanded to see her manager.when the manager came he didn't correct her behavior, and after a 40 min discussion, we still never received our room and was given the run around. we sat in our car for another 20 min, than that same woman claimed the rooms was full when we went back( granted we had booked reservations online and she told us come back ) we sat so long, . She eventually gets off work and doesn't care that we sat some hours waiting for a room she claimed was getting cleaned and running us back and forth. The manager eventually tells us theirs no rooms available( false advertisement). I was thoroughly confused and angry with this motel, because reservations meant nothing and they lie and talk to guest rudely. Ive had to many bad experiences with motel 6 I, never ever will stay here again. PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME ELSE WHERE.

Room Tip: speak with management to confirm your room before arrival, or you may sit a long time thinking you a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2012

One of the cleaners stole my wallet from my room while I had left for just a moment. I had a lot of money in it at the time because I had cashed some cheques that I had saved up from working for a few months and was returning to Ireland. When I complained, the manager said she checked their records and that they had no record of any cleaner using a key card to enter the room. She then told me that she was going to call the police if I didn't leave their property. When the police arrived, the manager told a completely different story about the cleaners and they key card. She said that a cleaner could have used their key card, but ''corporate'' would have to give the authority to check the records. Couldn't believe it. The police couldn't help me and I was left with no money and no cards to access any money or buy anything.

Room Tip: Don't go to Motel 6
Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Darragh M
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I have stayed in hotels & motels all over the world and I must say this is the worst one I have ever stayed in. Upon entering the room I noticed that the back was broken off of one of the chairs at the table. I thought, no big deal. Then I saw the bed. It consisted of a very hard mattress laying on a board(yes, you heard that right), it's a mattress laying on top of a board with stilts. Laying on a pile of rocks couldn't be any harder. But it gets worse. When I went to take a shower I noticed that the shower consisted of a very small "tube" in the corner of the bathroom. It reminds you of driving up at an ATM machine(the kind where you put money, etc. in a container and send it through the tube to inside of the bank). So, when I stepped inside of this tube and closed the curtain I found out that the shower was so small that I couldn't wash anything but my face & neck. When I tried to wash my legs, etc. I couldn't reach them. The space was so tight I couldn't take a shower. I even backed against the wall & tried to contort myself; but I still couldn't reach below my chest area. Finally, I got out of the shower and finished bathing in the sink. The bathroom floor looked like it had never been mopped. Then I left the room to go meet friends for dinner. I got stuck on the elevator and had to call for help. The motel staff said they had gotten stuck on the elevator themselves before. They said it had been reported to management before but so far it had not been fixed. Be afraid...be very afraid!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this motel period!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeanieBailey
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Can't complain, it had a flat screen tv, modern-esque design, and most of all cheap room rate. I won't say anything bad about a business but the service could have been a little more friendly..yet again it had a flat screen tv and was in the $50-$60 range. The previous review was true: you get what you pay for..but this was better than the average airport motel, maybe even better than the average airport hotel..I've paid a lot more for a lot less.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washi...
#5 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum
Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Lint...
#22 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airpor...
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport

Been to Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport? Share your experiences!