“Clean and modern”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very good value at this price point. The hotel looked almost new and the room was clean and in good repair. The reception staff was polite and helpful. Small but adequate exercise room but the pool was very small and useful only for splashing around. Breakfast was included which included hot and cold food. As a New Yorker, I was disappointed that the bagels were stale.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 October 2013

An excellent hotel and a credit to Marriott. The lady who greeted us was very friendly and courteous, she was extremely comprehensive in disclosing the hotel's amenities. The place was rehabbed about 3 yrs ago I understand but looked brand new. Room was very clean and ready for a good night's rest. Will definitely come back the next time we fly out of BWI.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have expressed concerns regarding our recent stay on September 2nd to the general manager of the property. After several attempts at communication to discuss the concerns as well as some positives, I was promised a refund. The refund was promised on September 9th. I have not received a refund and Ms. Harvin will not respond to my communications. We had a wonderful stay in Washington, DC at another Marriott property; however, our family vacation was definitely ended with a disappointing stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites BWI. Electrical problems in the bathroom, dirty towels, mold and bickering between employees is not what one would expect from a Marriott experience.

Room Tip: Choose another airport hotel. There are many in the area...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed there four nights with my son.This hotel is very nice and the staff is very friendly and helpful.Room was nice and clean and my A/C was very good . Close to the airport ,casino and Baltimore.We will stay there again.Thank you amazing staf!!!!!.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The hotel was very clean and neat. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The morning and night staff were very courteous and acommadating. Every time I walked in I was greeted with a smile and sincere hello. One night I needed a roll away for my son who was able to stay with the family for one night. Went to the front desk and had a bed in 10 mins.
I will stay here again when I come back to BWI. The morning breakfast was great as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Was passing through town for business, and noticed this property had favorable TripAdvisor reviews. I didn't have a reservation, but figured I'd pop in and see if they had any vacancy.

Before I could even enter the building, I was greeted by the GM Ebony who spoke to me like I was a celebrity. She welcomed me, thanked me for coming, offered to do whatever she had to in order to make my stay wonderful. She brought me inside, gave me a bottle of water, and asked her front desk worker to upgrade me for free. I was blown away. The staff then gave me dinner options, printed directions, and offered to help with my bags.

As far as the room goes, it was very nice. Clean, quiet, big. The bed was great. Nothing bad to say whatsoever.

I would totally recommend this hotel as a cheaper alternative to the full-service airport hotels. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

First off, the staff were very nice and seemed very sensitive to the needs of hotel guests. No complaints about the staff. The problem was they just seemed either understaffed or otherwise unable to solve basic problems. The A/C unit in my room was not working properly and when it would turn on sounded like crickets chirping. I called the front desk to see if someone could come up and fix it and they said there were no technicians available, but they could move me to another room. Since it wasn't terribly hot and I didn't feel like re-packing all my stuff, I just lived with it. In hindsight, I probably should have just changed rooms and hope the next one was better. The second problem I had was I could not connect to the hotel's WiFi. I called downstairs for support and was told there were no technicians, but when the shuttle driver returned, they would have him come up and look at it. I thought that seemed odd, but who knows--maybe he was a talented guy that wore several hats. A half hour later, I checked back and they said the driver was gone again. She said they were aware of the problem and probably needed to switch service providers. I agreed. She ultimately said the shuttle driver isn't really the technician and asked if I wanted to try another connection. This may have been an unusual experience, but it just felt like the hotel was being run on a very tight budget and not all that concerned with having the resources to solve guest problems. Not very typical for most Marriott properties I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Probably best to try one at a different property