“A Wonderful Story That Needs To Be Told”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Six people in my family stayed here over the weekend and the staff was excellent. In particular, the GM Ebony and Manager Renee. We travelled with our 75 yr. young aunt who needed special attention from the car to the lobby to the room and eventually to her final destination the train station. The staff treated my aunt like she was their very own family member. My aunt Sue was visiting from Las Vegas then traveling to New York and this hotel treat all of us very well. The coffee in the morning was hot and breakfast was good.

I must say that we did not expect such a warm welcome and excellent atmosphere from a hotel with such competitive pricing. I can see why business travelers like this place. This Fairfield proves to me that if you take care of the basics like having a super clean room, fair complementary breakfast and a super polite staff that people will continue to support this place.

Again to the staff and management please continue the great work and your kindness is infectious. Thanks from our entire family.

Dt

Room Tip: If you are a senior do not hesitate to ask for help. The staff here is wonderful.
1  Thank Don T

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Just another winter storm, BWI planes and plans askew - they did their best with the jitney, then to a large (not their max price) comfortable room for us, usual Marriott friendliness and reliable accoutrements and facilities, heating worked fine with temp in the teens F, complimentary breakfast included waffles and bacon and eggs (also healthy things), everything top notch.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimhr39
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had just traveled back from Gettysburg pretty bummed out by our accomodations there. And here was the Fairfield Inn. How nice! Free breakfast and it had free laundry. Can't beat that! A very nice place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We recently stayed one night for a Park and Fly from BWI. The staff was courteous/efficient. Our room (King) was large and had all the amenities we needed. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Didn't get to try the breakfast as we had a early flight. We did not have any problems with the shuttle as some others have said. We were the only ones on for the ride to the airport. Upon returning we called and were picked up in about ten minutes. Great park and fly from BWI.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank para12mike
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The Fairfield Inn & Suites is well situated for an overnight before an early flight at BWI. It is very easy to get from the hotel to the airport in the morning, either by their free shuttle or by driving. On this trip, I chose to drive the hotel to the airport and was there in less than 10 minutes (hitting a few red lights).

I had a double-double room and it was clean and well appointed. The hotel has a few quirky features, including a night light over the mini refrigerator that I had trouble turning off. A quick call to the front desk had that solved (a switch between the mini fridge and the cabinet above) and all was well. The AC/heat unit worked well, but the walls are a little thin, so you might want to turn on the unit's fan to provide white noise.

My only complaint about the room was a few minor things in the bathroom. First, there were spots where the wallpaper was peeling (normal) that showed mold underneath. Not a major issue, but kinda gross. Second, the soap holder in the shower was broken. Again, not a major issue, but when I put the soap down, the metal bars parted and everything went tumbling.

Overall, I would absolutely stay again. The staff was friendly and it looked like the free breakfast would have been good if I hadn't had to leave before it started at 6 am.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

So, first off, this hotel is beautiful. The disappointing part is that the cleaning staff sucks. We first stayed three weeks ago. I noticed a lonely cheeto by the area that the bed meets with the nightstand. I also noticed a couple of hairs in the bathroom (small ones, the kind that could be missed by the cleaning staff). I brushed it off since no hotel's cleaning staff is perfect (which it should be considering what you are paying!!).

Fast forward 3 weeks, I stayed here again and by chance was given the same room. Well the cheeto was still in the same place, there was hair in the bathroom again, and a former resident's coffee spill on the nightstand had not been cleaned. The nightstand was sticky and you could see it. How did the cleaning staff miss that? Oh, and there was a VISIBLE tear in the pillow sham.

It is sad considering that the place is nice. I can see this being another rundown hotel in the BWI vicinity in a couple of years if they don't do anything about the cleaning staff. Can't say I'll be coming back. Shame on you Marriott!!

1  Thank 101FoodLover
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Staying at the local hotels before an early morning flight is a way I treat myself to a relaxed vacation. This, for me, means using the convenient shuttle service and parking for the duration of my stay.

This was my first stay and I found all the compliments of other guests were true. I did not expect to get much of a breakfast because I had to be at the airport so early. Much to my surprise much of the selection was available and the staff was cordial. I was able to select from all of the breakfast items due to extra effort of staff to accommodate me. I left town in a very good mood expecting the return to be effortless. That was NOT to be.

Upon my return I called to request the shuttle and was told to wait at a specific location. After 20 minutes I called again and was told that the driver had not gotten the message. He would be there in 10 minutes. 12 minutes later I called again. After an hour I was finally picked up and was quite angry since the hotel is less than 10 minutes away. The driver had been told the wrong pick up area! It was after midnight when I arrived home after an hour's drive! The final insult was that management did not respond to my report of this experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo