“Room not clean”

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Hollywood, Maryland
“Room not clean”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We picked this hotel at the last minute, so the Marriott property I wanted wasn't available (Spring Hill Suites). The room was just plain dirty. If I hadn't arrived late at night with a young child, I would've insisted on a different room. The carpet didn't look like it had been vacuumed and the bathroom floor was sticky. The counters looked like they had been wiped with a dirty rag. The breakfast area had lots of seating and a good selection of items, but once again the counters looked as if they'd been wiped with a dirty rag. Now I understand why there was no one there. We'll choose one of the other dozens of hotels at BWI next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Chris_Mc2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites BWI. Let me apologize for the situations you have described with our housekeeping service. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with excellence in service in and accommodations. It would be my pleasure to speak with you further regarding your stay with us, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at anytime. My direct number is 443-577-5450. Every problem is seen as an opportunity for us to improve, and I can assure you the comments will be shared with all of our staff to ensure this is not repeated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed 5 May 2014

It was the first time I've ever stayed the Fairfield Inn and I loved it nice clean room great service! and they gave great directions first time in Baltimoreand they made me feel like I've been there many of timesI truly look forward to going back that way5/5/2014

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank pastorstewart
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear PastorStewart,

Thank you for generating such positive remarks during your most recent stay with us at the BWI Fairfield Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and I have shared your comment with the staff.

If there's anything more that we can do to make your future stay enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email at
ebony.s.harvin@marriott.com

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Warms regards
Cumberland, Maryland
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was traveling with my husband and son to California flying out of BWI. We decided to book a hotel room the night before and use the shuttle and leave the car. I am Marriott Rewards member and like their hotels and will usually choose this brand over others. I usually book direct through Marriott but guess I must have been looking online for hotels with free parking and shuttles to airport and this popped up and I booked apparently through Orbitz.
We arrived around 9:30 and walked in with no hello or recognition from the staff, no big deal. I gave the clerk my name and said I had a reservation. While she was looking up the reservation I said, we will be flying in the morning and leaving the car so I inquired where we should park. She said, "There is a daily charge for parking" and I said I did not realize, asked the price and agreed to have my card charged for it no problem. I then asked about the shuttle and was told it leaves every hour be in the lobby ahead of time. No problem, I said our flight back returns late at 12;55 am. I was then told, "Our shuttle stops at 1 am." I indicated I did not see that bit of information when booking and was immediately scolded with, "WELL, if you had booked through the hotel or called us directly you WOULD KNOW this information!" It was rather rude and totally uncalled for her tone and attitude were extremely curt. Had it not been late and we were tired from travelling I would have left and gone to another hotel.
When we checked into the room, it was large and had plenty of room. My only complaint there was there was something smeared on the handle of the toilet (looked almost like comet or some creamy cleanser) I did not bother to call down to the friendly staff at the front desk. I just wiped it up with a tissue. The beds were comfortable, it was a little difficult to get a good temperature in the room ( either too hot or too cold) unfortunate but nothing unbearable. The next morning they had a nice display of food, but we did not eat however, it looked very good. When I went to the front desk to check out the morning clerk Kayara (I believe) was extremely friendly. I told her about our late night return and that we would miss the shuttle by minutes. She told me, No problem, just give us a call and we will make arrangements to pick you up." She then took a business card and circled their phone number and wrote at the bottom of the card "lower level door 1 or 14" telling me those were the pick up spots. I thanked her and put the card with my ipad so I would have it upon our return. Our return flight was on time and by 1:10 am we had our bags in hand. I called the Fairfield Inn to tell them we were at the airport ready to go. I was told by Maryann (I believe, same woman from our check-in 5 days previous) "TOO BAD our shuttle stops at 1 am. I told her that Kayara had given me the card and instructions to call and said it would not be an issue to pick us up after 1 am and she merely repeated "TOO BAD our shuttle stops at 1 am." The woman was rude and condescending from the time I set foot through the door. It was not the nicest Marriott experience and I will not stay there again and would not recommend it to others. There were many hotels in the area and next time I will choose a different one. It was not the message it was the way it was delivered. I wonder how much business she will cost the hotel before they realize what she is doing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay at the BWI Fairfield Inn & Suite. I'd like to start off by apologizing to you for not being able to provide you with the level of service you expected from us. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with excellence in service and accomdations. It would be my pleasure to speak with you further regarding your stay with us, please do not hestitate to reach out to me at anytime. My direct number is 443-577-5450. Every problem is seen as an opportunity for us to improve, and I can assure you the comments will be shared with all of our staff to ensure this is not repeated.

Again, Thank you so much for your review and your kinds words about Cyera, hopefully we'll see you again soon!
Dover, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The good-Lobby area was nice, the beds were fairly comfortable.

The Bad-Not what I have come to expect of a Fairfield... 1st room we were given was not clean and the carpet on the floor was wet. Then my wife went to the shower and found the shower was inoperative/water had been shut-off. Went down to the desk and she placed us in another room down the hall (door was ajar so I had doubts about this one too)...2nd room was marginal, didn't even have enough towels so back to the desk and she just told me to take the towels from the room we just left... this room was also dingy and did not appear to have been cleaned and serviced. Also, every time we flushed the toilet it sounded like an explosion and the tank on the toilet actually shook, we thought it might blow a line or something.Breakfast didn't start until 7 so we even missed that since our flight was early.Thankfully it was just an overnight for an early morning flight but should have just stayed home and woke up early to drive to airport since we ended up having a not so restful night in the end.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mr. John H, Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites BWI. Let me apologize for the situations you have described with our housekeeping services. We appreciate the feedback to ensure that our teams live up to the expectations of our guests. We sincererly hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations as we have shared these items wiith our entire team to ensure these items are not overlooked. Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again when you are back in the BWI area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed in a 2 queen room for 2 nights. The room was a decent size and in excellent condition. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was nicely appointed. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical, consisting of waffles, cereal, eggs, and other items, but got the job done. Also, the location was good. We did not stay here for the airport but there are some good chain restaurants around and it is fairly close to downtown Baltimore. We did experience a few minor issues. First of all, during our first evening, the Wi-Fi did not work properly from our room. We notified this to the front desk the next morning and by the time we returned that evening, the issue was fixed. Also, we noticed that our room had not been touched by the cleaning staff in between our 2 nights as our beds were not made and no additional toiletries were left. While this is not a deal breaker, this service is something that I have come to expect. Overall, we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mr. Kevin G, we appreciate your pleasant comments about our hotel! We look forward to seeing you whenever your travels bring you to BWI Airport.
New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Newish Fairfield Inn with ultra-contemporary design. Nice room furnishings. Bathroom was disappointing, though, with the weakest shower I've ever experienced in a hotel. Plus, it leaked all over the floor. Good breakfast. Service was average, however. Staff seemed to just be going through the motions. No acknowledgement of Marriott elite status, much less any perks.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your comments. Every problem is seen as an opportunity for us to improve. I'd like to apologize for not being able to provide you with the level of service you expected from us. This by no means reflect the way we provide customer service and we would definitely love to have you back. Again, thank you for your comment, and hopefully we'll see you again soon!
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is the first time that we have been to this hotel. The front desk staff were very efficient and courteous. The rooms were large and very clean we had a 2 queen bed room and there was more than enough room for the 3 of us. The front desk staff did such a good job with the breakfast in the morning..Everything was always kept hot and filled all the time. I was watching the interaction between a family and the shuttle driver ( who drives people to the airport 10 min away)....and he was the nicest man who you could tell really enjoyed his job..... I think my only reason that I did not give this a 5 was because the pool was really small. But it was clean and warm. There was no mildew or anything like that in the pool area like i have seen in other pools. Also there was a life guard there. And the exercise room although small was a very NICE amenity complete with free weights, exercise ball as well as the cardio machines. Definitely will stay here again.. We are looking to be in this area again for a trip in November and we changed our reservations from another hotel to this one. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Jodi B, Thank you for the great review you gave us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate those who take time from their busy schedule to let fellow travelers know about their experience. Once again, Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!