“This hotel is awful!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel overbooked themselves and left their parking lot full. We had to park across the street and when we came in, the staff was arguing and bickering inside the packed lobby. Once into our room we had no towels and the room was dirty. There were dirty tissues, dirty towels, and miscellaneous junk all over our room. They gave us the wrong sized room and the beds were awful with springs all over. THe staff was rude and didn't care about anyone's problems. So my advice, stay away! This hotel is awful and my family and I ended up leaving for good!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Geodad1179
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and staying with us. I am sincerely sorry for the experience that you encountered with the parking, staff and housekeeping service at our hotel. Your feedback is crucial to the success of our hotel. I am very sorry that you were not as impressed by the service. This is something that we take very seriously and I can assure you that this incident will be corrected. The satisfaction of our guest is our top priority. Again, thank you so much for your review,. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to this area. Have a great day!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel was overbooked. There is no parking, no trundle beds, and the rooms were filthy. My family and I found a huge amount dirty towels and tissues under the couch and under the bed. The pull-out couch had broken springs and was very uncomfortable. Our stay was so unenjoyable, that we canceled our expected next three nights here.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Geodad11
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Good Day Geodad11,

Thank you for your comments. I'd like to start off by apologizing to you for not being able to provide you with the level of service you expected from us. Every problems is seen as an opportunity for us to improve, and we've instructed our Housekeepers to pay closer attention to the overlooked areas that you've mentioned. Please don't hesitate to contact a member of our staff during your next stay if something like this should occur again! We would rather know about it right away and take care of the issues then to know that we didn't provide you with consistent and proper service.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

That seems to be their new slogan. Well, it worked for Ford, so let's try it. The implication is that they have somehow overhauled and improved to produce a much better product. It did indeed seem that way at first. Impressive and professional-looking lobby, with smartly dressed staff and a board showing departures and arrivals at nearby BWI airport. Very friendly and helpful clerk.

The room proved large and modern and totally quiet. But not very clean. Carpet needed to be vacuumed. In the three days we stayed the toilet was never cleaned. You know how sometimes stuff sticks even after a few flushes. Well, it was there for the duration. It's not a great job but it is what you're paid to do. It's not like there's an available brush we could use ourselves to do it. Countertops, desktop, etc., were never wiped.

In the morning a very smartly dressed lady who turned out to be the manager was running around helter-skelter trying to keep the breakfast area stocked and taking care of everyone, even bringing people coffee. (It was exceptionally busy due to some kind of reunion and everyone showed up at the same time.) The next morning was her day off but she dropped in anyway to make sure all was well. But her excellent example didn't really rub off. As soon as she left, the attendant took off her hairnet to show off her long, flowing locks. Nice hair, but I don't really want it in my food, thanks. While the cat's away......

Just before we left my wife decided to have a closer look at the bed. Under the sheets she noticed numerous black and red dots. Whatever they were, they weren't moving, thankfully. But then she also noticed some stains on the bedskirt that we'd rather not get into too much detail about.

Bottom line, hard working management but uncaring slacker employees. Very quiet and a good sleep - if you can blot out the poor cleanliness levels. Definitely not what the slogan was going for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucky_Eddie
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Lucky_Eddie

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to aplogize for the issues you had with your room accomdations and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you and your wife. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similiar situations can be avoided in the future. I truly value your comments as this give us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made. Once again, please accept our sincerest apologizes for the issues you experienced during your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am a LOYAL Marriott patron, but this place is sub par. Late arrival and tired so I put up with it but never again! The front desk staff seemed like they were doing me a favor to check me in. DIRTY room. Smelled funky too!

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FSUMomDad

Dear FSUMomDad

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our guests leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest reguest. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatifaction you experienced during your stay and we regret that we did not live up to our promise. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we have made these corrections the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We picked this hotel at the last minute, so the Marriott property I wanted wasn't available (Spring Hill Suites). The room was just plain dirty. If I hadn't arrived late at night with a young child, I would've insisted on a different room. The carpet didn't look like it had been vacuumed and the bathroom floor was sticky. The counters looked like they had been wiped with a dirty rag. The breakfast area had lots of seating and a good selection of items, but once again the counters looked as if they'd been wiped with a dirty rag. Now I understand why there was no one there. We'll choose one of the other dozens of hotels at BWI next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Chris_Mc2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites BWI. Let me apologize for the situations you have described with our housekeeping service. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with excellence in service in and accommodations. It would be my pleasure to speak with you further regarding your stay with us, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at anytime. My direct number is 443-577-5450. Every problem is seen as an opportunity for us to improve, and I can assure you the comments will be shared with all of our staff to ensure this is not repeated.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

It was the first time I've ever stayed the Fairfield Inn and I loved it nice clean room great service! and they gave great directions first time in Baltimoreand they made me feel like I've been there many of timesI truly look forward to going back that way5/5/2014

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank pastorstewart

Dear PastorStewart,

Thank you for generating such positive remarks during your most recent stay with us at the BWI Fairfield Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and I have shared your comment with the staff.

If there's anything more that we can do to make your future stay enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email at
ebony.s.harvin@marriott.com

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Warms regards

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was traveling with my husband and son to California flying out of BWI. We decided to book a hotel room the night before and use the shuttle and leave the car. I am Marriott Rewards member and like their hotels and will usually choose this brand over others. I usually book direct through Marriott but guess I must have been looking online for hotels with free parking and shuttles to airport and this popped up and I booked apparently through Orbitz.
We arrived around 9:30 and walked in with no hello or recognition from the staff, no big deal. I gave the clerk my name and said I had a reservation. While she was looking up the reservation I said, we will be flying in the morning and leaving the car so I inquired where we should park. She said, "There is a daily charge for parking" and I said I did not realize, asked the price and agreed to have my card charged for it no problem. I then asked about the shuttle and was told it leaves every hour be in the lobby ahead of time. No problem, I said our flight back returns late at 12;55 am. I was then told, "Our shuttle stops at 1 am." I indicated I did not see that bit of information when booking and was immediately scolded with, "WELL, if you had booked through the hotel or called us directly you WOULD KNOW this information!" It was rather rude and totally uncalled for her tone and attitude were extremely curt. Had it not been late and we were tired from travelling I would have left and gone to another hotel.
When we checked into the room, it was large and had plenty of room. My only complaint there was there was something smeared on the handle of the toilet (looked almost like comet or some creamy cleanser) I did not bother to call down to the friendly staff at the front desk. I just wiped it up with a tissue. The beds were comfortable, it was a little difficult to get a good temperature in the room ( either too hot or too cold) unfortunate but nothing unbearable. The next morning they had a nice display of food, but we did not eat however, it looked very good. When I went to the front desk to check out the morning clerk Kayara (I believe) was extremely friendly. I told her about our late night return and that we would miss the shuttle by minutes. She told me, No problem, just give us a call and we will make arrangements to pick you up." She then took a business card and circled their phone number and wrote at the bottom of the card "lower level door 1 or 14" telling me those were the pick up spots. I thanked her and put the card with my ipad so I would have it upon our return. Our return flight was on time and by 1:10 am we had our bags in hand. I called the Fairfield Inn to tell them we were at the airport ready to go. I was told by Maryann (I believe, same woman from our check-in 5 days previous) "TOO BAD our shuttle stops at 1 am. I told her that Kayara had given me the card and instructions to call and said it would not be an issue to pick us up after 1 am and she merely repeated "TOO BAD our shuttle stops at 1 am." The woman was rude and condescending from the time I set foot through the door. It was not the nicest Marriott experience and I will not stay there again and would not recommend it to others. There were many hotels in the area and next time I will choose a different one. It was not the message it was the way it was delivered. I wonder how much business she will cost the hotel before they realize what she is doing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay at the BWI Fairfield Inn & Suite. I'd like to start off by apologizing to you for not being able to provide you with the level of service you expected from us. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with excellence in service and accomdations. It would be my pleasure to speak with you further regarding your stay with us, please do not hestitate to reach out to me at anytime. My direct number is 443-577-5450. Every problem is seen as an opportunity for us to improve, and I can assure you the comments will be shared with all of our staff to ensure this is not repeated.

Again, Thank you so much for your review and your kinds words about Cyera, hopefully we'll see you again soon!