After checking Hilton website, I called the hotel directly to ask some questions. Although they would not match the Hilton website rate, I booked directly through the hotel. When I made the reservation the night before our arrival, I specifically asked if the pool and hot tub were working. I was told that they were. When we arrived the next evening, we went down to the hot tub only to find out that the hot tub heater was broken. We, along with several other guests, were disappointed. When we asked one of the other people there if the hotel knew the hot tub was not working, the person told us that it had been broken for a couple of days, including the night before when I had asked about it and made our reservation. As it turned out, the person that we were talking to was actually an employee of the hotel. In a bizarre twist, all of the hotel employees (maids, maintenance workers, etc.) along with their families were allowed to use the pool, hot tub and exercise room on the Saturday night that we were staying there. It resulted in an extremely overcrowded pool area and a scene reminiscent of the pool scene in "Caddyshack". It was completely unexpected at a Hilton Inn. We also found one of the maids' pass keys on a table by the elevator (which could have been used to gain access to any of the rooms) and turned it in to the front desk. The hotel is located in a business park setting near the airport. After waiting over 10 minutes to get into a half-empty Bob Evans restaurant next door to the Hilton, we left and went a few blocks further to a Ruby Tuesday's restaurant. The food and service at Ruby Tuesday's were excellent.
On the positive side, the rooms were clean and beautifully decorated and the beds (with customized sleep settings) and pillows (both down and foam) were extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet was also excellent.
Overall, however, based upon our experience, we would not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each guestroom comes fully equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, LCD TV, two telephones with voice mail messaging, work desk, Herman Miller chair, work lamp, 24 hour complimentary van service to and from BWI Airport, 24 hour fitness and business centers, complimentary parking and Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Hilton Garden Inn Linthicum
- Linthicum Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Linthicum