“Great Experience!”

Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My son was married on the Bay on Friday, May 11th. We chose the Hilton as the hotel for our out-of-town guests (final booking of 25+ rooms). We were so happy we went with the Hilton! All details went SO smoothly! Our guests were treated to a nice hotel at a reasonable price, all employees were helpful and attentive and the rooms were spacious, comfortable and very clean. We booked a breakfast for Saturday morning, and it was lovely. Prior to the wedding, we were able to take guest bags to the Hilton to be stored. Again, the Hilton employees were happy to do whatever it took to make our special time memorable!

Patty G.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Patty, thank you for all the feedback you have given us. We are so happy that we were able to provide you and the other guest's of the wedding with a good experience. Congratulations to your son and his new bride! Maybe they will decide to come stay with us on a future anniversary date. We would love to accommodate any future events you may have, just give us a call.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

This hotel was a complete disaster!

I booked a room through Expedia for a reservation from 5/5/12-5/6/12, and received a confirmation of my reservation. I arrived at the hotel at about 1:45am. I was greeted by a friendly and professional gentleman, Lemarr, who worked at the front desk.

He had my information, as my reservation details were communicated from Expedia to the hotel. I was given a key to room 140.

I went to the room, which had a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door.

I gently knocked on the door, and tried the key. The door opened.

The room was in complete disarray, with towels and linen all over the place. All of the lights were on and the room smelled terribly from smoke, eventhough I reserved a non-smoking room.

I didn't step foot inside, as I was afraid of walking in on someone.

I went back to the front desk. They apologized and had no explanation for me. They told me (as well as several other guests who arrived during our ordeal), that the hotel was completely booked, and they did not have any other rooms available.

At 2am, my wife and I had to start driving around to other local hotels to find one which had a vacancy. During this time, my wife called Expedia to try and get a refund of our money, since the hotel indicated that they could not issue a refund as I paid through Expedia.

Expedia reached out to the hotel to confirm our experience, and the employees at the hotel had the audacity to tell Expedia that they had vacant rooms available for us, and we simply refused the room because it was a smoking room.

What a scam?!

In the end, Expedia was kind enough to issue us a refund and by 2:30am, we were able to check in to a nearby hotel.

I am posting this to warn people to avoid the Hilton Garden Inn at BWI Airport, located at 1516 Aero Blvd in Linthicum Heights, MD 21090.

Although I have stayed at many Hilton hotels before, my experience at this hotel has certainly damaged the Hilton reputation, and I can't even imagine how many other guests have had similar experiences at this establishment in the past.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David G
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn BWI. I am very sorry for the stay you experienced. We completely "dropped the ball" and did not provide you with the service you should have received. It must have been very frustrating to move to another hotel at such a late hour. I will share your comments and experience with the staff, you we can provide them with the tools and information they need to improve their service. Thank you for making us aware, if you did not let us know, we wouldn't be able to improve. I hope you decide give us another chance and stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Hiltin garden inns never fail me. This was no exception. The rooms were clean and roomy.The location was also a plus being located near the airport along with many places to eat. I wouldn't hestitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

It certainly makes us happy to hear that our hotel served you well. Don't hesitate to stay with us and definately don't hesitate if you need any assistance in creating your next reservation or any special requests that you may have. We hope to see you again soon, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

During a recent stay, I was given a room already occupied. The front desk immediately changed the room, brought my new keys to me instead of making me come back down, and topped it off with an unexpected dinner entree voucher. All staff were friendly and greeted me whenever we saw each other. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
JackieMHilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so sorry that we issued you an occupied room, I really appreciate your patience and understanding. It sounds like the front desk was able to fix the mistake right away. We hope to see you again in the near future, if you have any special requests, please contact me directly at 410-691-0507.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Worst bed ever in a Hilton Garden. Too bad because the front desk service was exceptional. called 30 minutes ahead and asked if there was a room so I could take a conference call and she said she would make it happen. Quiet, no plane noise.

Room Tip: Facing the rear was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

I am very sorry you did not have a good nights rest due to our bed. The bed is a Garden Sleep System bed in which you can adjust the firmness on each side of the bed; levels 1-6. I know that sometimes if you have one side of the bed on 1 and the other on 6, it may feel like there is a dip in the bed. We advise single sleepers to keep both sides of the bed on the same level. I'm not sure if this was the cause of your uncomfortable bed or not, but maybe this tip will be helpful when using these beds again. I hope you decide to give our beds another chance in the future!

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Used this hotel to interview Independent Rep firms for two days and had a great meeting room. This is a good airport hotel for business meetings. My actual room was over-priced for what I got but the meeting room and the service provided to us was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

I am so glad to hear that you had the oppurtunity to use our meeting space to conduct business. It sounds like it worked out well you. Our sales department is available Monday-Friday if you need to arrange any space for future meetings, or room bookings. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed here over a recent weekend would recomend it and If in the area again i will make sure to stay here

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family