“Excellent stay in Baltimore”

Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent stay in Baltimore”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Arrived in Baltimore for a short leisure trip of only one night. Decided on Hilton Garden Inn at BWI because it was rather centrally located for a visit to Gettysburg (1 hour away) and Annapolis/Naval Academy (30 minutes away).

With the new off site rental car facility finding the hotel was not hard it was just a bit tedious.

We actually arrived quite early and did not expect to get a room, but the young lady at the desk was very accommodating and we had a room in less than 5 minutes. Room was pretty standard HGI but we did have free WiFi in our room and now a days that was nice. Two queen beds were both very comfortable. Bathroom was normal size and very nice. We did have a small issue with the toilet, but that was fixed immediately. We asked the front desk for a recommendation for a “Baltimore crab dinner” and she produced a name and directions immediately (G & M restaurant a 5 minute drive from hotel).

We booked a rate that included breakfast the next morning. There were buffet items and also cooked to order items. Service in the restaurant was excellent.

Check out was seamless.

Very good hotel close to airport with an excellent location. When back at BWI will stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up seem to be quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thanks for the excellent review! We are glad to hear that our staff was accommodating and the location convenient. We do offer shuttle service to and from the car rental center near the airport if that helps on your next trip. We hope you enjoyed your sightseeing and we'll see you next time. We understand that you have a lot of choices and we appreciate you choosing us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
baltimore, United States
Reviewed 1 March 2014

my husband and I live in Maryland but we go to the Hilton garden inn as a getaway from the kids. the staff is always pleasant and the hotel is very clean. I love the cooked breakfast in the morning< hot pancakes are the best. the location is close to the Arundel mills mall also.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thanks for spending your time on this great review. I'm glad you were able to getaway for a few days! We really need that sometimes. I will pass on your comments to the staff,as they will surely appreciate them. Let me know if there is anything special I can do for your next getaway and thanks for choosing us!
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Shuttle drivers were courteous and prompt making a 6AM departure and 4:30 PM return much less painful. Upon return we waited less than 10 minutes for the shuttle to take us back to the hotel to retrieve our vehicle. Definitely will be using this hotel for future early flights from BWI!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thanks for the excellent review! I'm glad you found us convenient and timely. Our shuttle crew takes great pride in being expedient with a smile! I'm glad to hear that you will being spending more time with us, although I'm sure there are other places you would rather be. If there is anything special I can do for you, please let me know. We understand that you have a lot of choices in regards to your travel, and we appreciate you choosing Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport!
New York, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just needed to stay somewhere when I landed at BWI before taking Amtrak the next morning, rooms were clean and comfortable, the in-room microwave and fridge were a nice touch, and the man checking me in at 1AM was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a great value and delicious; solid variety of cereal, fruit, pastries, breakfast meats, etc. Shuttle to Amtrak station and airport left every half hour from the lobby.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for spending your time giving us feedback. It sounds like you found us quite convenient. We try to understand the needs of our guests so that we can make your stay as comfortable as possible. We are very proud of the service that our shuttle crew delivers.
We are also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast at The Garden Grille in our newly renovated lobby. I hope you were able to get one of the Chef's signature omelets! They are delicious. We look forward to your next visit and thanks for choosing us!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This Hilton Garden is well mana cured in the style of modern Hilton Garden Inns. Clean and consistent. The food was also above par.
The reason for taking the time to write the review was the excellent service I received. It goes without saying that there is a certain expectation of service with any Hilton property but, the desk staff at BWI was exceptionally gracious and accommodating. Excellent job!!

• Stayed February 2014
Thanks so much for the great review. I will make sure to pass on your comments to our staff. We are very proud of our staff and hotel and we try to deliver world-class service every day. I'm glad that our staff made you feel at home! We look forward to your next stay and please reach out to me if there is anything I can do to make it more enjoyable!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff was nice. Unfortunately, the key didn't work and I had to go back downstairs to get it reprogrammed. The room was clean and modern. It was hard to find a place to park, but arriving at 9pm usually lends to that. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Shanadoaha-
Thanks for the nice review. We pride ourselves in delivering awesome service. It sounds like you visit us fairly often, so thank you very much, and we look forward to your next visit. Let me know if we can do anything to make your stay more special.
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was stranded in Linthicum for two extra days last week due to the snow storm. But I was so thankful that if I had to be stuck, it was in THIS hotel. - The staff could NOT have been nicer or more helpful. Extending my room for 2 extra days was no problem, and I was made so comfortable by the front desk and the restaurant staff. I had no car for this trip, so the restaurant/bar was a livesaver. I had amazing omelets every morning, and ended every day with a glass of wine (or two) in the lobby next to the fire. Plus the complimentary coffee and bottled water...I had everything I needed to wait out the storm. - Like I said I had no car, and it was so nice to have the shuttle service to and from the airport which was hassle-free, and a big savings to me and my company. This hotel is well-within walking distance to the Maritime Institute, but I was also able to use the shuttle to get to class when I needed it (due to weather). I didn’t really need to go anywhere else, but it was nice to know the shuttle service was available if I needed it. - The room was absolutely the cleanest I've ever stayed in! I've never stayed in a room for 5 days where I didn't come across one thing that made me go "Ick". It was cleaner than my own home, and a pleasure to come back to at the end of a long day. I haven't had much experience with Hilton's, but after this stay, I will definitely be looking to stay with them elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Wow. What a lovely review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, considering the circumstances. We pride ourselves in delivering world-class service. I like the sound of a glass of wine next to the fireplace! We hope to see you again soon, perhaps under better terms. Thanks for choosing us!