“Great experience, location and value” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
DeSoto, United States
“Great experience, location and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was certainly a positive experience. The hotel is nice, clean, and fairly priced. My room was nicely furnished, clean, and the bed was super comfortable. Staff were pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel both for business and pleasure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thanks for sharing! We really appreciate you choosing us and we look forward to your next visit. You can count on us to make you feel at home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had an absolutely terrific experience at the HGI at BWI airport! Checked in late afternoon on a Sunday and was greeted by Ron (still remember his name even though this was a month and a half ago) who was extremely helpful and kind. The room was comfortable, with lots of natural light and a comfortable bed. Everything was in terrific condition, and far exceeded my expectations given that 1.) this was an airport hotel and 2.) I paid <$100 for the night. I got a terrific night's sleep before heading to the airport Monday morning.

The only minor slip up was a small issue with the timing of the airport shuttle, but when they recognized the error, the driver was kind enough to drive me on a separate trip to the airport outside of his scheduled trips, which I'm guessing was during his scheduled break time. Not only that, but I exchanged a couple emails with the hotel management, and it was handled EXTREMELY quickly and professionally. Coming from a guy who spends an average of 5/7 nights a week in hotels, I can't stress enough how appreciative I was to be able to have quick, open communication with the hotel management, who handled the issue and even credited me some additional points for the trouble. I will definitely be back next time I find myself around BWI, and can't recommend this property enough. Thanks again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jackie M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Hi Dave, Thanks for the lovely reveiw! Ron is a great asset to the team, we appreciate him very much for all his efforts. I'm sorry to hear about the shuttle issue, but as always, the staff here is quick to find a resolution. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area. Have a fantastic weekend!
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Even more important than price is the cleanliness of a hotel. Too many times I have been in a hotel room with mold, mildew, stains on the beds, rugs and/or walls, or I have found some else's hair on the pillow or in the bath/shower. This hotel is for the most part quite clean and comfortable. The location is very convenient for BWI airport, or if you are driving, it is right off the West Nursery Road exit ramp from I-895. Free parking is always appreciated. Staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast choices were average in the restaurant. For the price, it is a very good option if you are staying in the Baltimore area or flying through BWI. Baltimore is approximately 10 minutes away by car, D.C. approximately 30 minutes. Free shuttle to the airport or the BWI train station for Amtrak, or if you are traveling to D.C. the MARC ($6.00 one way).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thanks for taking time out of your day to share your experience. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found value in our hotel. We are very proud of our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. I hope you were able to take advantage of the made to order omelets from the Garden Grille for breakfast! They are delicious. We look forward to your next visit and thanks for choosing us. You can count on us to deliver!
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was in town for the weekend visiting a friend with my two small children (5 & 2 1/2) and decided to stay here based on reviews. I can't say enough good things. They were able to accommodate my preference to stay on the opposite side of the USPS distribution center; we were on the 4th floor. Front desk staff was very friendly, room was clean and updated. Beds were extremely comfortable and the water pressure was excellent (This may not be important to some, but when you travel a lot, showers that actually work right are a must)! I would love to rave about the pool, but the heater was broken when we were there, so it was chilly and we didn't stay long. It was however very clean and there was a lifeguard on duty! I had breakfast one morning, it was reasonably priced (my kids ate free) and the selection was excellent. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for letting us know about your experience. I'm really glad you were able to spend some quality time with your family! Kids grow up fast! We really appreciate your business and your nice comments. I'm sorry about the pool heater, but I did have a brand new pool heater installed over this past weekend. We hope you can come back soon and try it out. Thanks again!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Airport hotels are usually nothing to rave about but Hilton Garden Inn BWI is an exception. I have stayed here several times and am always impressed by their customer service. They go above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your stay. I've seen the shuttle driver go out of his way to drop someone off at a nail salon (while making sure other riders were not inconvenienced by this minor detour). They delivered eye drops to my room when I needed them and lent my daughter-in-law a phone charger when she forgot hers. Even the welcome cookies and breakfast are a step above similar properties. Rooms are fresh, clean & comfortable. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I request room 428 at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the excellent review. It really makes us feel good to be recognized. Our staff is truly exceptional and I'm glad they made you comfortable. We understand there are many choices out there and I appreciate you choosing us! I will pass on your comments to the staff and we look forward to your next stay. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and you can call on me if you need anything.
Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel was great for an overnight before traveling out of BWI. Well kept, clean, nice staff and close enough to a few restaurants. Only thing was that the bedding could have been better. Bedding didn't seem up to the Hilton standards.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thanks for taking your time to write a great review of our property. I'm glad that you found our location convenient and that your room was clean and comfortable. We understand that you have many hotels to choose from, and we are so glad that you chose us. I'm sorry that the Garden Inn Sleep System bedding was not comfortable for you and I will look to see how we can improve in this area. We really appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

There are many hotels to choose from and I have spent 30 years on the road. A chain hotel is a chain hotel, right? Not this time. I just spent four nights at the Hilton Garden Inn at the Baltimore Airport and this is a very special place.

It starts at the top with their general manager, Sebastian Hansen. How many hotels have you stayed at where the GM is out front most of the day talking with the guest. Getting to know their names and their individual needs. This one does. During heavy traffic moments, he is in the middle helping out. And each patron is given his direct phone number. This leadership is reflected in the front desk staff, to the breakfast staff, to especially the transport staff. When I arrived, I had just got off a seven hour Amtrak experience. I was tired, and a bit cranky. I was picked up by Antonio, and by the time we got to the hotel, I was laughing my *** off.

There is a Bob Evens in the parking lot, a Cracker Barrel across the street. This place is run right, clean and a good value. Try it and see if you agree with me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Bert B
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I really appreciate your kind words and I will pass on your comments to the staff. I am so fortunate to have an awesome team that really loves to deliver hospitality. Your comments are very rewarding and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks for choosing us and you can count on us to make you feel at home. You've got my number if you need anything!