“Pleasant and Comfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel at the end of a business trip, but have stayed there several times in the past when I have an early flight out the next morning. The facility is a typical Hilton Garden Inn in regard to design and décor. However, the staff here are exceptionally friendly and helpful. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a nice place to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for taking a few minutes out of your day to share your experience. We really pride ourselves in the service we try to deliver, and I'm glad you found that be the case. Call on me if you ever need anything and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Working the night watch, Jennifer was great in problem-solving at the front desk. She really went the extra mile to assist with car rental problems. Sebastian is the extremely congenial host and manager. He was receptive to comments and criticisms. Overall, the hotel offered a friendly, cheerful atmosphere and a memorable experience.

This hotel is ideally suited for commuters to the BWI airport. It is not as helpful to travelers arriving for an extended stay. While the buffet-style breakfast is outstanding, there is no lunch service, and the dinner fare was not exciting and too pricey. The restaurants nearby do not offer very nutritious meals. I finally located a Safeway store (near the local casino!) that offered a good salad bar.

The hotel's two elevators do not meet the demand at peak hours, resulting in long waits. The single stairwell is far, far away from the elevators. This popular hotel seems to run at full capacity any day of the week. The careful planner might want to request a room near the stairwell.

The hotel manager has a college degree in "hospitality," and he has instilled an exemplary spirit in the staff. His motto is to provide service from the "bottom up," and this creed is evident in the outstanding service provided at this Hilton Garden Inn.

Thanks to all!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side (dog leg) will be closer to the hotel's stairwell.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thanks for the great review. It was a pleasure speaking with you at the hotel and I will pass on your comments to the staff. We really appreciate you choosing us and look forward to your next visit. Call on me if you need anything.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The staff was warm and friendly. The room was perfect. The beds were comfortable and it was very clean. My daughter loved the warm cookie she got the minute we walked in. Would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends. It was close to BWI airport which was wonderful for us to catch our early morning flight.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will save a cookie for your daughter on your next visit. Call on me if you need anything.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family and I were caught in a lengthy airport delay coming into Baltimore. We arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn BWI around 1:00AM, several hours later than planned. I called ahead to tell them about the delay, and ensure that we would have a room. The young man I spoke to was kind, and reassured me that we would be taken care of. He said he would be there until 11:00PM.

It was a very easy drive to the hotel from the rental car desk, and I was grateful.

When we got to the hotel, I was less than thrilled with the woman who "greeted" us. I felt as if we were inconveniencing her by our presence, and for a several moments I feared that my children and I were going to be sent out into the night with no place to stay. Probably the worst moments of our trip. Fortunately, this is the only person like this that we encountered on our entire trip. I asked if there was security to watch us as I parked the car, and told that no, it was "safe enough". Just what I wanted to hear after the airport hassle. Really, Hilton, I would not treat anyone with such disrespect, but especially a woman traveling with two kids at 1:00AM!

The hotel is lovely inside and out. Very clean, and modern looking. AND we did survive the early hour parking lot adventure, though I was genuinely concerned at the time.

Our actual stay was uneventful, and the beds felt fabulous. The next morning during checkout I spoke to another nice man who gave me great directions. As it turns out, he was a new addition to the staff from Texas. Thank you sir, you were clearly raised properly!

Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in Baltimore and would like to be near the airport, just try to get there before you encounter the night auditor.

1  Thank FarmrzDaughtr

Thanks for the great review. I really appreciate the feedback and it was a pleasure meeting you. We look forward to your next visit and you can count on me if you need anything.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I traveled here with my family for vacation. We selected this hotel because I had HHonors points to use. This is a great hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They directed us to a great restaurant and area attractions. The pool and hot tub were nice and had a life guard on duty. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again when traveling to the area. GREAT CLEAN HOTEL!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. You can count on us next time you and your family are in the area. Call on me if you need anything.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was certainly a positive experience. The hotel is nice, clean, and fairly priced. My room was nicely furnished, clean, and the bed was super comfortable. Staff were pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel both for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thanks for sharing! We really appreciate you choosing us and we look forward to your next visit. You can count on us to make you feel at home.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had an absolutely terrific experience at the HGI at BWI airport! Checked in late afternoon on a Sunday and was greeted by Ron (still remember his name even though this was a month and a half ago) who was extremely helpful and kind. The room was comfortable, with lots of natural light and a comfortable bed. Everything was in terrific condition, and far exceeded my expectations given that 1.) this was an airport hotel and 2.) I paid <$100 for the night. I got a terrific night's sleep before heading to the airport Monday morning.

The only minor slip up was a small issue with the timing of the airport shuttle, but when they recognized the error, the driver was kind enough to drive me on a separate trip to the airport outside of his scheduled trips, which I'm guessing was during his scheduled break time. Not only that, but I exchanged a couple emails with the hotel management, and it was handled EXTREMELY quickly and professionally. Coming from a guy who spends an average of 5/7 nights a week in hotels, I can't stress enough how appreciative I was to be able to have quick, open communication with the hotel management, who handled the issue and even credited me some additional points for the trouble. I will definitely be back next time I find myself around BWI, and can't recommend this property enough. Thanks again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackie M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hi Dave, Thanks for the lovely reveiw! Ron is a great asset to the team, we appreciate him very much for all his efforts. I'm sorry to hear about the shuttle issue, but as always, the staff here is quick to find a resolution. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area. Have a fantastic weekend!