“Here's a shout-out for the BWI Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Frederick, Maryland
“Here's a shout-out for the BWI Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I have used the park and fly program at two other BWI airport hotels, one high-end and the other moderately priced. The Hilton Garden beat them both out by a mile in quality for the price. The room was spotless, the business center organized, private, and accessible, and the lobby bar and restaurant staff gave us excellent service. A big thanks to the shuttle drivers, both on the o-dark-hundred early AM run and the late night run. These gentlemen were gracious, up-beat, and personable. The front desk also gave excellently clear direction where to catch the shuttle at the airport and the shuttle arrived with minimal waiting. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keyboardmusician
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I will make sure to pass your comments on to the team. We really appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay. You can count on us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Seaford, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

4 of us got stuck at BWI airport and called late to try and find a room. Front desk was very helpful and came and got us in just a few minutes. It's a pretty standard HGI with some age on it but when we checked in the staff didn't know anything about the "military family" special rate and had to get on their own website to find it. OK room, nothing special but has a Bob Evans next door and a Cracker Barrel across the road. Good coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience I'm glad you found our staff to be helpful. I will make sure that each team member at the desk is more familiar with our special rates, as we do have many special offers and packages. Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you again soon. I really appreciate your business.
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn in Linthicum is a great hotel. Most important, the hotel rooms and common areas are extremely clean. There is always someone cleaning something. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The restaurant offers a wonderful breakfast in the morning and a quite place to enjoy dinner. My favorite the 1/2 Roasted Chicken, excellent! The staff is professional, warm and friendly, making me always feel welcome. I will go out of my way to stay here even when I have business in Alexandria Virginia, it is worth the commute.

Room Tip: There is an indoor pool, which is very clean. If you do not like rooms near a pool ask for a room o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
We are so glad you enjoy our hotel. Thanks for all of your kind words and I will definitely pass them on to the staff. I like the half chicken as well. If you didn't get chance to try the BBQ Chicken Flatbread, you should. It's delicious. We really appreciate the fact that you go out of your way to stay with us. You know you can count on us and call on me if you need anything. Thanks so much for your business and your loyalty to our hotel.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Upon walking down the hallways you can notice the odor of perhaps carpets that have not been cleaned in a while due to the high humidity levels in this area. It doesn't seem as though there are air conditioning vents on my floor (which is the third floor) so perhaps the lack of humidity control may be contributing to the odor that you encounter once you I get out of the elevator and into the hallway. Upon entering my room I used the restroom and noticed that the toilet would not flush. I opened up the toilet reservoir and it was empty. The water valve that feeds water into the reservoir rom the wall was open all the way so at that point I figured something more complicated must be wrong with the toilet. I called the front desk and they quickly sent up their facilities engineer and basically just adjusted some pipes in the toilet and the problem is fixed. The toilet, however, fills with water very very slowly. That may be a nuisance to some people or if more than one person is staying in the room and needs to use the restroom. These little issues here and there, the location of the property, the price I'm paying for the room on a business trip, and the fact that nothing special seems to pop out makes this just your run-of-the-mill average Hilton Garden Inn - nothing special to report . See my photos.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
SebastianHansen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for the issues with the toilet and the odor. I assure you I will take immediate action to correct those items.I hope you come back and try us again. Please call on me if you need anything as I want to make sure your next stay is special.
White Plains, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our Family Reunion was held at the Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport Hotel. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The lobby is not large but tastefully decorated and the staff were all extremely nice (unfortunately, with the exception of one front desk male staff that my family made me promise to mention. He was very cold and unwilling to help a few family members.... I dislike giving bad reviews but it left a few people upset.) Anyway, besides that one person the staff was exceptionally courteous and accommodating. We ate breakfast at the Cracker Barrel which is conveniently located directly across the street from the hotel and the food was great. However, the food in the lobby was also great and the prices were even better and there was not waiting time to be seated! Breakfast consisted of an array of fresh fruits, yogurts, pancakes, waffles, omelets, oatmeal, bagels, coffee, tea, juices, etc. It was a great meal and I was really surprised that the Harvest Salad I ordered for room service one evening was absolutely delicious!!! One of the staff named "Derek" was really helpful giving us information for places in the area. I own a timeshare with a different hotel but, I would definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn BWI again without a doubt!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for the great feedback. We enjoyed having your group around over the weekend. I really appreciate all the nice comments, and I will pass them on to the staff. I understand there are a lot of choices when selecting a hotel, and I'm glad you chose us. Please call on me if you need anything. You can count on us!
Laurel, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel in May because of the following reasons:
1. Convenient location to everywhere in Baltimore.
2. Hotel provide free airport shuttle to and from BWI Airport.
3. Easy access to BWI Parkway, if you want to rent a car to tour the town and vicinities.
4. Room service for breakfast for a minimal fee.

I have made this hotel my place when I want to take a trip and don't want to park my car at the airport. When I came back from traveling, it was very easy to call them to pick me up at the airport. There were no wait and the driver gave all of us getting a free bottle water. That was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed May 2014
We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and found us convenient. Thanks so much for choosing us and for taking the time out of your day to share your experience. We look forward to you next stay at Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport.
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hilton Garden Inn operate with these commen principles in mind: people, integrity, ideas, and performance which was very visible in their people actions. They strive to provide customers with a since of being home by making them feel welcome and safe.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for this excellent review! We are really glad you enjoy our hotel and look forward to your next stay. Call on me if you need anything.