“Nice Place!!!!!”

Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here the night before we flew out to Jamaica. I thought the price was pretty good and so was the location. We are at Chili's which is only 2 minutes down the road. I thought that there should be more places to eat in the area being that most people stay at the hotels/motels around the area being that they are close the airport. The room was nice and had a kitchen equipped with a full-sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher, toaster and dishware. The bed was small though and with 2 people sleeping in it lets just say its hard to not roll off the bed at night. Also, the curtains did not close which was terrible because the light comes right on and it is as if you are sleeping with the lights on. Furthermore, the water pressure was terrible. Overall though, nice location, nice room, and friendly service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank h b

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We checked in on a Sunday and our room was ready (3:00pm). We were up on the 3rd floor, not a problem with elevators or stairs. The carpeting is old with lots of stains on it (both hallway and room). The kitchen area is good...having plates, silverware, cooking utensils, etc. and a grocery store a few miles away. They also have washers and dryers which are free to guests, but was very surprised when they were actually selling toothbrushes, combs, razors, etc (50 cents)...which most motels/hotels give you free! Parking was at a premium, although the hotels wasn't full. Only restaurants close by are a Wendy's and Bob Evans. Cracker Barrel is in the process of being built. The front desk did give us a menu from the Szechuan Hot Wok chinese which delivers and I will say it was excellent with the most chicken I have even gotten! Front desk staff was nice but seemed busy all the time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. I am glad that you found our rooms accomodating with our full kitchens in every room. I am pleased to say that we are having the hallway carpet replaced very soon. I am happy that you enjoyed the chinese restaurant the front desk recommended. We are very excited for the Cracker Barrel to open soon! Thank you for staying and we hope to see you if you are in the area again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Recently my family stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Baltimore. Although there was one major glitch, out stay was pleasant because of the staff working the front desk, and the shuttle drivers. Our flight arrived far too early to check in, however, the front desk clerk allowed us to leave our luggage at the hotel while we went into DC. The shuttle bus driver was incredible, full of helpful hints, very accommodating, knowledgeable about the area, and even recommended a breakfast place for us. When we returned to the hotel, to officially check in, the front desk clerk was wonderful. When we discovered that our room had been wrongly booked ( we were in a smoking room with 1 bed, and a pull out couch - for 4 adult sized people - absolute non smokers) the front desk person could not make any room switches because it was booked up. Ultimately we had the room sprayed down - very smokey smell that turned my 11 year old daughters stomach.
Over all the hotel met our basic needs. But the cheerfulness, and accommodating staff made the stay enjoyable. Sometimes quality customer service is more important that the service provided.

Room Tip: if you require a non smoking room, check and re check your reservation/confirmation to ensure it was...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased that you found our team so accomodating. They work very hard to go above and beyond for our guests! We try to make every guest experience a great one, and I apologize that your reservation was booked incorrectly. Next time you are in the area I urge you to book directly through the hotel so we can assure that your room is booked correctly. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

This is an average property. The bed was small for a queen; however, the room was clean and comfortable. It is close to everything we wanted to see including Baltimore on a Sunday, the Savage Mill Shops, and numerous other venues. The parking lot gets snug on weekdays One teaspoon in the drawer and no tablespoons. Full sized fridge, microwave, two burner range, and a dishwasher. An okay property, but I would question the size of a queen...perhaps I've been in a king too long.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Jim N,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are very happy that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies if you didn't find the size of the bed to your liking. Nonetheless, we are still pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We chose this place mainly for its proximity to BWI airport because we had early morning flights. The room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was very warm and professional. The property was easy to find. They have their own shuttle which travels to the airport every half hour, we got there very quickly. I was surprised how close the airport actually was because I there was no airplane flyover noise inside the building.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2013

At one time there were quite a few negative reviews for this property regarding the spinning wheel for extra Priority Club Bonus Points. I notice they have been removed by Trip Advisor or this property. I wrote Trip Advisor in MA and have not heard back from them.

The property itself is very nice. Rooms are clean and updated. Shuttle service to & from BWI though I noticed their shuttle will take you to restaurants within 5 miles. (Not a lot to choose from).

We would stay here again though not spin the wheel. Had to much trouble getting the points I 'won".

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2013

As a frequent traveler, I use the Candlewood properties for business several times a year. I would rate their normal sites pretty highly compared to other extended stay type hotels. My experience at this location was not good.

First off, the rooms are a little dated. Not a big deal, but the bed covers look like they could be replaced soon. The amenities are great. 24 hour fitness, and food pantry is awesome, plus the full size fridge and having a stove and microwave in the room. Always a huge plus.

The big problem I had at this location was the Heater/Air conditioner. It had a very large noise issue. When it cycled on it was like a freight train going through my room. Woke me up out of a dead sleep. After the second round of that, I just threw on the comforter and turned off the heat.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Wyomingdan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear Wyomingdan,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in many aspects. We have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the noise challenges you experienced and these will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B