“Great Stay”

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Pueblo West, Colorado
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was a repeat stay for us while visiting family in Severn, MD. The room was clean and comfortable...I do not believe they have King beds available. The room included a full-sized fridge, microwave, two-burner counter top range, and very good flat screen TV. The rooms are not cleaned daily (could be requested); however, fresh towels are available for the asking and additional coffee for the room is also. There is a honor system pantry that has many convenience items and snacks. There is a nice fitness center; however, we did not use it this visit. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've not even left this hotel yet, but I can already gladly and enthusiastically say that this is probably the best hotel experience I have ever had. I'm a business traveler, and this room is exactly what I need! Great kitchen with everything I need. I love having a dishwasher and an icemaker. Only thing lacking in the kitchen is an oven, however there are toaster ovens I could loan from the front desk if needed. One other great thing I love about this place is that there are gas grills outside! As far as work space is concerned, there is a very large desk/counter space that gives me all kinds of great room. Good wifi connection that is fast enough for me to stream Neflix on my laptop. I really love the leather recliner and the bed is very comfortable. Also love having the nice big flat screen tv. Oh, and there is free laundry!
Now, the facilities are great, which I suspect is pretty normal for the Candlewood brand, but the staff here are fabulous. About my 4th day here, I ran into a problem. There was a strange smell in my room. Most hotels would have just come in a few hours after reporting the problem, but the staff here and Candlewood was on the job pronto. They were extremely proactive in trying to find the source of the smell....they seriously spent hours. Come to find out, it was my neighbor's trash that stunk so bad that I could smell it in my room! The guys working in my room were extremely professional, friendly and proactive....much more than I've ever experienced in other hotels. The staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful. I also observed from a distance the housekeeping staff as they cleaned a room. They seriously spent at least an hour cleaning the room. I actually saw them pulling the dishes out of the cupboards and washing them. Cleanliness is not an issue in this hotel! I recommend staying here with great enthusiasm!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John J
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you very much for your review! It is great when our guests get to see the hard work that the team puts in to make this a great hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to resolve your concern with urgency and professionalism. We look forward to continue having you as our guest at the Candlewood Baltimore - BWI!
Asbury Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

To start, I am a front desk rep at a busy hotel near the Jersey Shore so I know what to expect from an IHG property. From start to finish, this was a great stay. Aude was so sweet, genuine, and helped me get an early check in when I arrived around 10 a.m. She gave us food suggestions, asked us a little about ourselves, and had a big friendly smile the entire time. I was so happy to see her at the desk again at check-out, so I could thank her personally for her great hospitality. In addition, Sydney was able to provide us with the best and most affordable options for traveling into downtown Baltimore which helped us navigate the city seamlessly. The room was clean, well-appointed, and up-to-date. If in the area again I know exactly what hotel I'll be booking! Thanks to the wonderful staff for making my stay a great one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our team. It means so much coming from another hotelier! I have shared your comments with the everyone on the team so that can know how much their hard work and dedication means to our guests. We hope that you are able to visit us again next time you are in the Baltimore / BWI area!
Charlotte
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here after landing at the BWI Airport. It was convenient, clean and a great front desk staff. Close to a few restaurants for a quick meal, lunch or dinner. Definitely would consider staying again on another trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience to BWI Airport. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Baltimore area.
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I travel to Baltimore every year for a music festival and Candlewood is my go-to hotel. They're in a good location and the kitchen facilities in the rooms are excellent. This year, I had a great first impression upon check-in. The clerk working the desk was apparently new, but she was doing a fantastic job at handling a busy desk area while being welcoming and friendly. She was awesome! The rooms are clean and spacious. As usual with hotels, I had to hang a blanket over the blinds to keep the sunlight out in the morning. But most people aren't as bothered by light as I am, so it shouldn't generally be an issue. Overall, an easy hotel to recommend if you're visiting the Baltimore area.

Room Tip: This is standard advice for any larger hotel, but, if you book through a service like Priceline, cal...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words about our team and hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with our newest team member. We look forward to seeing you for the next music festival!
Mt Storm
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We recently had reservations for two rooms under the Park, Sleep, Fly Program, planning to stay on the return end of vacation. We checked in at the front desk and parked two cars the day of our departure. When we flew back to BWI we called for the shuttle at 11:30 PM. 45 minutes later we were picked up at the airport. Upon arrival at the hotel, with our confirmation in hand for two rooms, we were told only one room was available. Little effort was made by the front desk to accommodate us in any way. Two people in our party ended up making a 4 hour drive home in the rain at midnight. When we all considered driving home, we were told we would still be charged for the one available room due to the late cancellation. I am just wondering why a confirmation number is even given if there are no rooms upon check in. We were told there must be a glitch in the reservation system, but apparently two rooms were shown as reserved when we parked two cars. By the way, even though we had two rooms, parking was not free for the second car. We were charged an additional $30 for that room parking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dixie C
Sydney L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for letting us know your concerns about your experience here. I will make sure in the future that my team makes a better effort to help find alternate locations when we have no availability. If you would like to contact me at the hotel I can further look into this for you to see if only one reservation came to us, or if there was a different issue that I can help resolve with you.

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sydney LaBore, GM