“Made an overnight layover as good as an extra day of vacation”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 29 June 2013

What started out as a really bad travel day (left overnight in the wrong city), ended up being a big relief! I got dumped at the terminal with no way home, and a voucher for the DoubleTree, a group of the Hilton family I had not previously experienced.

Sure, it was 2:30 in the morning, but Lev in the shuttle, and Jori at the desk made me feel like it was 5:30 P.M., and I had rented the presidential suite.

The hotel was perfect, pristinely clean, terrific fixtures, awesome water pressure ....everything good, even the breakfast. But the best part was how these third shift guys took care of me as if I was there every week. Just terrific.

Thanks, guys.........

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank fogePortland_ME
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear fogePortland_ME,

Thanks for the review! Travel comes with it's unexpected twists and turns, doesn't it? We are glad you ended up at our door. Thanks for mentioning Lev and Jobi, they are 2 of our best. I wish you safe travels and clear skies!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed 28 June 2013

$180.00 was a lot to spend for a night's sleep and no shower. The person at the front desk was pleasant and helpful, but needed to be sure that I got my wake up call. The breakfast was OK, not great. I chose this hotel primarily because it was at the location that I parked my car during my vacation. I am not likely to use the same location again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear Patricia H,

Thanks for the review. I am sorry to read that you feel your stay with us was not a good value. We strive hard to deliver an exceptional experience to each and every guest. Please don't give up on us. I think you can tell from fellow traveler's ratings and reviews that we typically deliver great service and good value. Hopefully you will come back. We would love to see you again. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

wonderful.... wonderful....wonderful.....pleasant ... pleasant...will come again... I enjoyed the whole stay. The bed was a little uncomfortable but the rest of the stay was excellent.... the shower was relaxing .. bathroom well lit... closet was roomy and staff very friendly

Dear Raina,

Thanks for the review! I don't think we can beat 4 "wonderfuls". Thanks so much for the kind words and for choosing Doubletree by Hilton at BWI.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I spent my Father's Day Weekend in the Baltimore area and stayed at the Doubletree. The accommodations were nice and we were made to be felt at home. I loved their cookies as well. They helped us with transportation getting to and from the O's game, mall, and casino. We were not rushed to check out like some of the hotels we have stayed before either. I would recommend Doubletree to anyone.

Dear Eugene W,

Thanks for the review! It sound like you had a great weekend! Thanks for spending your Father's Day Weekend with us at Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is a good location near the airport, possibly 5-10 mins by car. I had two meals in the restaurant and used room service a couple times. I wasn't feeling well towards the end of my trip and was craving "comfort food" so I asked if they could send me up a grilled cheese. No problem! The pool looked nice but I didn't have a chance to take advantage, and the hotel itself appeared clean and in good condition. The front desk staff was also very helpful at check in and whenever I had a question. I did have to call downstairs to ask where the hair dryer was - it hangs on a hook on the bathroom door so I overlooked that but they told me exactly where to look and even stayed on the line to make sure I actually had one.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear LimpingHiker,

Thanks for the review. I am glad we could get you grilled cheese. As we say here at the hotel, "consider it done!". Friendly staff, good food and clean rooms. Yep, that's us! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed here for the park, stay and fly package we booked through Buy Reservations.com. Overall a very average experience. Hotel had us coming in the night before and no reservation for the night we had booked. they put us in the wrong room (1 bed) and we had requested a room with 2 beds. the first room had stains on the carpet. they moved us to the room we requested but it took a phone call and a trip to the lobby to do this. The hotel shuttle driver hassled us for parking in the loading zone under the portico to unload the luggage while we checked in. There were no restaurants in walking distance so we had to eat in the hotel restaurant which was very average. This hotel does not meet the usual Hilton standards. We'd only stay here again if they offered the lowest rates.

Dear LM77,

Thanks for the review. Your stay was not up to snuff; we are better than that. On behalf of the team, I apologize for the issues you encountered. We would welcome a second chance! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

this hotel was very clean, the staff was very accommodating, professional and courteous. we were very relaxed and did not have any apprehensions about security. they enabled us to have a perfect weekend getaway. we will definitely be staying there again whenever we're in that area.

Dear Derek M,

Thanks for the review. I am thrilled to read that you will be back. I speak for the whole team when I say how much we love winning a guest's loyalty. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.