DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
“Great!!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel lobby is very nice and has a welcoming feeling. I thought the rooms would have been dull because most hotels only put money into the lobby's appearance however I was wrong. The rooms was just as clean and pretty as the lobby. The decor was very modern and not dreary at all. Most importantly the staff were amazing. I'm big on customer service and the front desk staff made me feel at home. Thanks to Stephen and Mike Rowe! They're awesome, they're both a great additon to thr Doubletree BWI airport location. My only issue was the shuttle bus was late each time.

• Stayed November 2013
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Macbabydoll,

Thanks for the review. Mike is always great. Stephen is a new addition to our team, so I am thrilled to see him get a mention. Thank you! We hope to see you again at the Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
west friendship MD, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Always traveling with a friend it would be a help if there were a small stool or chair to set on in the bath room as one of us is always trying to get dressed in there with out getting our dry things wet. Even if it were to fold up an hung on the door when not in use.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Kathleen P,

Thanks for the review and suggestion. We appreciate you choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We found the hotel staff to be exceptionally courteous and accommodating. The rooms were spacious and clean. We ate breakfast in the dining room and thoroughly enjoyed the meals. The wait staff was very good. We also left a bag of clothes which the promptly mailed to us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mary W,

Thanks for the review! Clean rooms, good food, friendly staff--that is what we are all about! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Malta, New York
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I ended up at the BWI Double Tree after missing my connecting flight at 11PM on a Friday night. I was happy the airline chose this hotel because I prefer Hilton properties. Upon checking in, I handed them my Hilton Honors card so they would recognize that I was a loyal Hilton customer and know my preferences. Despite that, I ended up with room 159. My preferences state a high floor but I thought maybe this was just one of the rooms the airline had blocked. The room was located near the conference rooms, some of which had activity. It was about midnight at this point. I was not terribly interested but whatever it was made sleeping a problem. I called the front desk to complain and was told they would take care of it. After about an hour of drifting in and out of conciseness, I called again. This time, I was told there was a party going on and it was just ending so all would be good soon. I said I’d give it 15 minutes and was assured it would only take 5. After my third call, I accepted their offered to bring me a key to another room. I packed up all my stuff and in short order had a key to room 705. This where things started to go horribly wrong. After a bit of searching (there are two towers and two seventh floors) I found 705. I inserted the key and the light on the lock turned red. After repeating several times with the same results I headed back down the elevator to the front desk. The clerk, Gamal, (who was servicing another guest) asked me if there is a problem. I told him the key doesn’t work, expecting that he would just activate it. After finishing with the other guest, he gave me a key to another room. Back up the elevator to the 7th floor to room 713. This time the key worked and I got in but it appeared to be someone else’s room. The lights were on, the TV was on, and the bed was turned down. I panicked and got out as quickly as possible. Back down to the front desk. Gamal again asked what was wrong. “That room is occupied!” I replied. “Something is wrong”, he stated as he tapped away at the keyboard. “No one should be in that room.” I begged for a room on the Hilton Honor’s floor to no avail. Gamal then gave me a key to another room, again on the 7th floor. The key unlocked the door but the deadbolt seemed to be locked so I couldn’t get in. Maybe that was someone else's room too. I don't know. Back down to the front desk. Getting annoyed, I let Gamal know that I’d be talking to customer service. He apologized and did seem to be a victim in this as well. He summoned an employee to escort me to two more rooms that were “available”. The employee turned out to be the shuttle bus driver, Johnny, who is a pleasant man and he made idle chitchat with me while we walked the halls. The next room we tried had the same problem as the last. The deadbolt seemed to be locked. Johnny thought maybe the batteries were dead in the door lock and blamed it on maintenance. It didn’t matter. It was after 2AM at this point. At the next room, Johnny didn’t even want to open the door because HE thought someone was in it. The lights were on and we could hear the TV. Does anyone sleep in this hotel? He called Gamal. I could hear them discussing room numbers to try using the master key. One of them did indeed seem to be vacant and that is where I ended up. Johnny indicated he would return with a guest key and slide it under the door. Stunned by all this, I called Hilton customer service. I wasn’t going to sleep after that anyway. They assured me that they would look into it.

At 7:45 AM I left the room to head back to the airport. Upon checking out, Gamal was apparently explaining the night’s events to the manager on duty, Dee Dee. She was very sorry and looked for a way to make it right. I accepted her apology but at that point there wasn’t much that could be done.

Room Tip: Try to get one on a high floor that is not occupied.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank jjme21
Dear jime21,

Thanks for the review. We always need to hear about the good and the bad--it's the only way we get better! On behalf of the entire team here, I want to apologize for your experience. It was not up to our usual standard. Rest assured, we most certainly did "look into" the situation to make sure it wouldn't happen again! Please don't give up on us. We would welcome another chance, so please call me at 410 694 6000 should your travels bring you back to Baltimore. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Room was impeccable, service at front desk by Mike and Pierre very welcoming. Fast wi-fi, excellent television, comfortable bed, very nice hot shower. Didn't have breakfast so can't review that. Fresh coffee in room in morning tho

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael K
Dear Michael K,

Thanks for the review! Mike and Pierre are on a roll--they deliver great service. Thank you for recognizing them and thank you for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

good experience, nice, clean, quiet, Checkers hamburger drie thru close by. Slept good room was nice and big with 2 comfortable lazy boy chairs and a couch pull out. Beds were comfortable bathroom clean would stay here again when I fly out of BWI only 10 minutes to airport.

Room Tip: close to airport, hamburger place close by
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Andrea B,

Thanks for the review and thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.
Israel
Reviewed 21 November 2013

First, let me say that I've never been disappointed by Doubletree airport hotels and whenever I can, I stay there when traveling for business. This time was no different. To begin, I was on a red-eye flight from Seattle and arrived absolutely exhausted at 8:30 am. First they offered me a large warm welcome cookie and since my morning meeting had been delayed until the afternoon, the hotel went out of their way to find me and my colleague two available rooms so we were able to grab a quick nap. In general, all the staff are unbelievably accommodating. rooms are clean, beds very comfortable and quiet. If you want a quiet hotel near BWI, you can't beat this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear feld,

Thanks for the review! Travelling west to east is never easy. I am glad we could accomodate you. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.