DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at this property with My daughter and her family. We had 2 rooms. It was a typical airport hotel. The cookies were warm and delicious upon arrival.
The Staff seemed eager to please. The nicest member of the staff was Bob, the van driver. He could not have been nicer. He gave us superior service.
My only complaint was that the buffet breakfast was somewhat expensive. We are from Texas and perhaps the price was fair. The selection did seem limited for the amount paid.
All in all, it was a pleasant stay and we would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JCarrabba
AdamNovotny, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear JCarrabba,

Thanks for the review! Yep, Mr. Bob (as we call him here) is a real treasure. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize him. Thanks for the recommendation and for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I arrived at Doubletree on a Saturday evening. We were in the B Tower on the 5th floor, a corner room at the end of the hallway. As soon as we walked in the room, it smelled of a mixture of marijuana and cigarette smoke. We decided the smell was coming from the vent in the bathroom which appeared to lead to an exit right next to our room. The smell came and went but was nonetheless annoying. Another issue was the shower. It was scalding hot unless you turned the handle all the way to "cold" We did not eat at the hotel as all of the meal selections were way overpriced. ($11.00 for a breakfast burrito? Really?) House keeping was extremely annoying. The day of check out, as I was trying to sleep, house keeping knocked on my door 3 times: 8:30, 9:30 and 10:30. Check out for all guests is 12 PM. I could even see knocking at 11, but 3 times every hour is just obnoxious. My boyfriend was out applying for his new job so I checked us out myself at 11. The most pleasant part of the experience was that although I was checked out, the clerk gave me access to their pool while I waited for my boyfriend to be finished as I explained we were out of state and I had nowhere to go until his return. I was grateful for that and that our room was generally clean except for the occasional smoke odor. However, being frequent guests of other Hilton hotels, (the Garden Inn is our favorite) we were not impressed with this chain. I'm not a complainer, but those few annoyances for the amount of money we paid for 2 nights were a little disconcerting.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Britt M

Dear Britt M,

Thanks for the review. We are a 100% non smoking hotel, and any guests that violate our policy are assessed a $250 cleaning fee. I hope you let us know about the smell during your stay. I am sorry about the early knocks at the door. Yes, check out is at noon, but many guests depart prior to check out time. In order to guarantee that clean rooms are ready by 3pm, we start early. So, for the future, in order to ensure a knock free experience, please use the "Do Not Disturb" sign which is the best way to let us know you are still in the room. I am glad we could accomodate you at the pool. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Front desk, room service and life guard were all very accommodating and responsive; average room and ammenties; very nice pool and basketball for youth; hard to locate without GPS assistance; might recommend and use again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle P

Dear Michelle P,

Thanks for the review. We would love to see you again! We are the only hotel at BWI with both a pool and outdoor sports court, so besides the gym, basketball lovers can shoot hoops and enjoy the outdoors. Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Cleanliness of a room especially the bed and bathroom is very important to me, both were very clean. The room smelled nice and was at a very comfortable temperature.The price was very reasonable and the quality of the room, and amenities was well worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy B

Dear Sandy B,

Thanks for the 5 Star Review! We understand the importance of a clean room. Thanks for the feedback and for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had high hopes when making a reservation at this Double Tree Hotel. The room was OK but the service was marginal to poor. I needed a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. After checking with them on the process, I was assurred this would not take long. Two calls later and a 45 minute wait, I could have walked to the hotel faster than when I was finally picked up.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tracy A

Dear Tracy A,

On behalf of the entire team here, I apologize for the wait time. This is simply not acceptable. As an airport hotel, timely transportation is critical. I have shared your review with my Front Desk and Shuttle team. We will do better! Thanks for choosing Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the year. I'm always amazed by the great customer service. During my last stay, I left a new cell phone cover on the hotel's shuttle bus. When I realized my mistake, I called the hotel's front desk. At first, they said it would take at least 15 minutes for the driver to return. I told them I had to go through security right away to catch my flight. So, they sent the shuttle driver immediately to the terminal to give me my forgotten item. The driver was so sweet.

This is one of the best hotels I've experienced in terms of service!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ann J

Dear Ann J,

Thanks for the review! It is so great to see a repeat guest and reviewer. Thanks for your loyalty. I am glad we could assist you with the cell phone cover. We look forward to seeing you again at Doubletree by Hilton BWI.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Horrible experience! Bug in my room. Electricity out, no back up generator or staff to let you even know if was out. Carried luggage down flights of stair. I work in the travel industry and this was truly bad

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Lisa H

Dear Lisa H,

I am so sorry about your experience. Yes, we lost power due to a generator outside the building going down. This impacted the entire block. We had to wait patiently while BGE addressed the issue. Rest assured, the generator did work, which is why there were lights in the hallway. The generator only supplies power to emergency lighting such as EXIT signs and hall lights. We immediately dispatched staff to each floor to assist with luggage. I am sorry we missed you. An unusual situation, to be sure, but nonetheless, our guest's comfort, safety and satisfaction is our main goal, even in difficult circumstances.