“Exceptional airport hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is our third time staying here and the stay was exceptional as were our other stays. Great location, comfortable nice size room, fine accommodating staff, really clean, large breakfast area with several choices, timely and friendly airport shuttle staff -- all that we need to recommend to others and to stay again ourselves. If there are any downsides it would be that refilling of breakfast items is slow and we have to remind staff, in spite of the fact that there were only 8 diners at the time in the area. The a/c continues to be noisy in the room. Would either of these issues cause us to lower our rating to a four? No, but it would be nice if they were remedied. All in all a supreme choice for an airport hotel.

Room Tip: High floor, away from elevator would give you an exceptional night's sleep if you aren't usi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
CountryInnStevenHock, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore), responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your great review! I really appreciate it and so does my staff. I am glad you will continue to stay with us. Also, you let me know where and how we can make improvements.

Thank you for your business!

Karla Green

Reviewed 5 February 2014

So I usually do not write reviews much, but this one is definitively deserved. I only say pleasantly surprising because I usually stay at Marriott properties or lately La Quinta if Marriott unavailable. I am local to the area, but due to weather I stay to insure I made it to an important meeting in the morning. Since it was on my own dime, did not want to spend a fortune.

This fit the bill perfectly. Not overly expensive, recently remodeled, and very clean. And when I say clean, it was obviously that the cleaning staff take pride in their work, room was immaculate. Oh, and there was actually water pressure on the fourth floor.

Staff was very helpful, was able to get a ride back and fourth from my meeting nearby without moving my car.

By the way, great breakfast....waffles, eggs, bacon nice way to start.

I would definitively stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your positive review. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and how the hotel looks. I am happy that you found your room so clean. I do have an
awesome staff.

Thank you for your business!
Karla Green

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is a great hotel, with very helpful and friendly staff (particularly Terri on the front desk). I stayed here for a few nights over the Christmas period, and was very impressed with the overall hotel. The lobby is clean and comfortable, with free tea, coffee and hot chocolate, and even free fruit and cookies. The rooms were clean, spacious, and very well maintained - we were even upgraded to a suite on one night, and it was bigger than some of the apartments I had been looking at near by! The breakfast is free (included in the price) and covered a great selection, and the staff were very helpful. The hotel is in a great location - close to Baltimore airport (10mins away), and also it is close to Malls and places to eat. There is also a free shuttle to the airport, which we used with absolutely no hassle at all - even at 03.50 in the morning. Car parking was cheap for the week we were away ($30 for 7 days) and included the shuttle. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet due to the double glazed windows, but rooms at the back are not overlooked and a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stbaldred
CountryInnStevenHock, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore), responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Your wonderful feedback truly brightens our day, thank you for appreciating all the efforts we put into ensuring that our guests get nothing but the best accommodation there is like no other hotel can. Your five star rating and your positive remarks pertaining to the excellent customer service, the breakfast selection as well as the clean and spacious room is indeed inspiring. Please know that our entire team is dedicated to giving you an experience worth remembering and we are honored to hear that you highly appreciated our services. We sincerely hope that we’d be able to welcome you back here at Country Inns & Suites BWI Airport very soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here when I was going to a Navy Football game in Annapolis. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. The room was spacious and clean. The hotel is near the airport, but we never heard a plane while inside the building. The breakfast provided by the hotel was delicious with a variety of options, a great way to start a football gameday. I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stay when visiting the Annapolis area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CountryInnStevenHock, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore), responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Linthicum Heights. We are pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities. It is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations. Thank you so much for inspiring us to further excel, we look forward to a return visit from you again very soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

clean large rooms with fridge and microwave.
airport shuttle- driver took the time to look for riders in lobby before going to hotel
breakfast was great - real bacon, eggs, potatoes along with hot oatmeal already made up for you, at least 6 cereals - name brands too, not just generics. real plates and cutlery to use
cookies and drinks available in lobby

I really like this chain as a whole, but this location is excelent

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
CountryInnStevenHock, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore), responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

It brings us great honor to hear that we have given you an impressive service to remember. Your wonderful feedback is truly a validation that all our hard work has paid off. We sincerely thank you for all you appreciation, for this will surely help us in ensuring that we provide our guests with the service of their liking. Thank you for inspiring us to further excel, we couldn’t wait to see you back here very soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel had it ALL! Convenient location, superior rooms, details that mattered! The staff was friendly and professional, the rooms were large and clean, every detail was immaculate. It was an excellent value for the price. The free breakfast was extensive and delicious. The apples , cookies and muffins they send you out the door with were reminders on the drive into Baltimore of the comfort and friendliness of everyone there.

Room Tip: My room, although near the elevator, was quiet and comfortable which is not always the case.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CountryInnStevenHock, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore), responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

We wish to let you know that we are deeply delighted to serve our valued guest. Thank you so much for finding the time to share to us your wonderful feedback. Hearing that we have made your stay a pleasant and convenient one is truly heart-warming. The positive remarks you mentioned pertaining to the overall experience and the warmth and hospitality of our staff services greatly motivates us to work even harder and be consistent in meeting our goal of service excellence. Thank you for being our inspiration. We look forward to welcoming you back here at Country Inns & Suites BWI Airport.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I booked this hotel because I had an early flight out of BWI. The check in staff was great! They answered all my questions about their shuttle service. My room was spotless and I am very picky about hotel cleanliness. The shuttle was ready and waiting for us early the next morning. Upon returning home, I picked up our luggage, called the hotel and was told where to wait for the shuttle. Shuttle was there in under 5 minutes! I learned on the ride back to the hotel that the driver was the hotel manager. He said the shuttle driver had a doctors appointment and that he and the staff there do whatever it takes to please customers. I would definitely stay at this hotel the next time I fly out of BWI, and I am also recommending them to my friends who have an upcoming trip and are looking to stay near the airport. Great price for one nights stay and parking also!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
CountryInnStevenHock, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore), responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

We wish to express our sincere gratitude for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a wonderful review. Please know that this is of great help to us for we always want to hear the voice of our valued guests to gauge our overall performance. Thank you so much for taking notice of the room cleanliness, the pleasant and helpful staff, as well as the comfort you felt with regards to the accommodation and the shuttle services in total. Our goal is to give excellent service and we always work hard to make each guest feel that we are committed into going above and beyond our call of duty to achieve that. Thank you for your recommendation and for expressing the interest for a return visit. We couldn't wait to be of service to you again very soon.