Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
WEST MIFFLIN
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed for two nights and i found the hotel a nice and comfortable place to stay. The hotel is a little dated but close to the airport and not far from the Inner Harbour (about a 15 min. drive). There are a few resteruants nearby but you might want to travel a litttle farther for more options. The hotel could use a few updates but was well presented and the staff was friendly and more than accomidating for all our needs. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed and very quiet. That made resting an easy thing to do. I guess the main question is would I stay there again? I think for the price (119.00) I would. The big difrence in this place was the staff. They were great and made our stay a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the back of the hotel and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CountryInnStevenHock, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore), responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Mr. Jammerz,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and wouldn't hesitate to come back. It is always good to hear when you staff is so accommodating. We are continuing to work on updating our look and this month new carpet is going to be installed in the public areas. We still have some items to work on but I am glad you are comfortable here.

Thank you very much for your business and the kind words.

Karla Green

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Travelling for business to Baltimore. Easy to access from the airport. There is a a restaurant in the immediate area.
Also great hot breakfast. Rooms were clean. Parking in front and back.

Rooms are good size. Would like to see more power outlets. They do give you free WIFI access.

Room Tip: Rooms facing front are better.
1 Thank RanMat
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your feedback so I know how we can improve or where we are doing well. Hopefully, the next time you are in the area you will be able to stay longer.

Thank you very much for your business and the positive comments.

Atlanta
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Our family stayed at this hotel on our trip from GA to NY. I have always liked the Country Inn and Suites brand. The property was well kept and clean. The rooms were comfortable and clean as well. The free breakfast was great and the kitchen staff were very friendly. I selected this location based on my fellow Trip Advisor's recommendations.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dadof3Atlanta
Dear Guest,

I am so glad that after choosing us due to Trip Advisor you were not disappointed and could contribute another positive review for us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully we will see you again as your travel through the area. Thank you for your business and your positive comments.

Colorado
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Spent 2 nights while visiting UMBC campus and needed a suite that allowed my son some privacy and his own bed away from my snoring. Country Inn advertised a 1bedroom suite with sofa bed. Sounded great but you don't really have a suite...you have a long, deep room containing a sitting area with sofa and chair (no dedicated TV or coffee table) facing a work desk. Beyond that area, with no partition, wall or other separation is a king bed and tv. The TV can easily be watched from the sofa. So, in my book, this is not a suite but something else. It's all in a single room layout, not suite

We had to coordinate sleeping times as there wasn't the hoped for separate rooms and I am disturbed by tv when trying to sleep. That aside though, everything was in good condition, clean and the room was true non-smoking. They run shuttles to/from the airport and I think, the mass transit stn. too. Room was quiet and desk attendant very helpful. There is a very small snack foods store next to the desk with microwave sandwiches (our room did have a microwave and minifrig for that that matter, but we didn't use them) , ice cream, soft drinks, toiletries etc. Convenient but pretty basic.

Breakfast was good with the waffle maker, scrambled eggs, juice, sweet rolls etc. A decent start to the day. Not fancy but absolutely ok.

Used the shuttle both from the airport and again when we left for an early morning flight. Van was on-time...driver was helpful and we made our flight in plenty of time

So, all in all, totally acceptable but nothing extraordinary. But for 150/night net with all the taxes etc., it worked for us. Would I stay there again? Yes, if I needed to be out in that part of rural Baltimore County, but its not a destination kind of place, in my book

Grantsville, Maryland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I booked this hotel based on reviews and was definitely disappointed. First, there is NO spa and the swimming pool is big enough to fit about 4 people. They took out the spa about 8 months ago according to the not-so-nice woman at the front desk. We tried to stay away from the desk when she was there because she had such an attitude. Room was not very clean and needs remodeled. The worst part of our stay were the guests next door. After 6 hours of loudness (screaming, laughing), I finally called the front desk at 10:30 pm. Five minutes after the call to that room, they were back to their same level of loudness. The lifeguard at the pool does not know how to communicate with anyone. We asked him questions and he just sat there. Why would anyone hire someone who has no communication skills in a job where you have to be able to communicate with the public? The beds are VERY uncomfortable and the pillows are so small. Would definitely not recommend this hotel and will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
CountryInnStevenHock, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore), responded to this review, 10 March 2014
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I appreciate your feed back and want you to know that I am working to address these issues. I will continue to work to improve our service and hope that when you return to the area, you give us a chance to provide you with great service.

Warminster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

While doing the seminars in Baltimore I stayed here and had a great stay. The meeting room was ready and the staff made sure that everything was what was needed. Thanks to all of the staff for their assistance. They made the stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have a great staff and we are continually working to improve to provide great service and a great product.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Weeklong visit for educational purposes. Average hotel. Near bwi if flying. Staff was nice. Mold on wall above shower. Nothing really to complain about. Its not the 4 Seasons but an overnight stopping point. Hot breakfast each morning. No better or worse than others in area. Would stay again

Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond about your stay with us. I appreciate the feedback and please be aware that I do want to know how I can improve your stay. I do have a great staff. We are continually working to improve our hotel.

I hope you will consider staying with us again when you are in the area.

Best regards,