“Cancelled Flight Blues!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sharpsburg, Maryland
“Cancelled Flight Blues!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My flight to LA out of BWI was delayed, delayed, then finally cancelled on 12/29 late afternoon. I was booked on a flight out again at 6:45 a.m. and had to find a place to stay (I'm not a local). drove to an airport area hotel, walked in, turned around and left (traveling alone). I am HHonors member so checked my phone for nearest Hilton. I was absolutely delighted with my stay - it was a delightful find. Fully decorated for the holidays, clean, bright, the staff was helpful and cheery, the room was SO comfortable and I LOVE the Hilton style. I went down for dinner and sat at the bar. The food was delicious and the staff , again, friendly and cheerful. What a great stay. If you have to be stuck in Baltimore (or anywhere) with no family or friends, there's always a Hilton! I'm so glad i spent my time there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Joan B,

Thank you for the five star review that you gave us doing your expected stay in Baltimore. I am glad that our property was able to accommodate you and that you found the food and beds to be to your liking and that you always stay in a Hilton!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had a wonderful experience while visiting the hotel to set up our wedding arrangements. Specifically, I would like to mention the dining room supervisor, Benito Gomez. He went above and beyond to make sure I had all of the information I needed to plan our stay. I will absolutely recommend the hotel, and look forward to our wedding in May, where if Benito is working, I have no doubt we will have top notch service.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Stacyls420,

Thank you for the wonderful five star review you gave us and the glowing remarks regarding Benitio our Restaurant Manager I made sure to share with him how he impacted your stay with us. Please come back and see us again soon
williamsburg, virginia
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Nothing special here. Stayed here two nights for a business meeting. Front desk person (who later claimed to be the manager) insisted that wireless was not included in the room rate even though it had been arranged by the meeting planner. He refused to call someone to check even though I warned him that 100 more people would be checking in and expecting it. When I asked to speak to the manager, he insisted he was the manager. Just plain rude and unprofessional but he did eventually provide the free wireless but no way to treat a customer.

The rooms were clean and comfortable but had debris left on rug from previous occupant. Resturant food mediocre at best.

There are plenty of other better choices in the BWI area. Skip this one.

1 Thank joy1
Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Joy 1,

I am very sorry that one person on the front desk soured you stay with us, If you would be so kind to email my front desk manager at Charles.Shields@Hilton.Com he will be more than happy to speak with you directly about your experience.
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Pleasant staff, clean comfortable rooms. Close to the airport. Short drive to DT Baltimore. Always a good experience. Parking can be an issue if the hotel is full and there is an event also being hosted there.

Dear Tri2rummore,

Thank you so much for the wonderful five star review you gave us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return.
Mobile, United States
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Room key did not work after two separate re-keying of the key card by the staff...hauled my luggage and hot dinner to the room a 3rd time, just so the staff could see the door would not unlock. I am a Diamond member--stay at hotels weekly--and know when the door is broken. My dinner got cold and it took an additional 15 minutes just to 'find another room'. TERRIBLE SERVICE. TERRIBLE EXPENSIVE ROOM.

2 Thank Terry P
Dear Terry P,

I would first like to apologize for the problems you incurred while staying at our property and know that you will hear from one of my front office managers to discuss your concerns.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Let's be honest, typically airport hotels are old, dingy and simply uninspired. I was here for a work trip and was presently surprised. This place feels so new!

The room was large, had great furnishings with granite tops and a large stand up shower. I ordered a room service crab cake sandwich at 10:30 pm and it came in 15 minutes and was delish.

The staff was so friendly, even the room service waitress late at night.

The Hilton brand continues to surpass its peers, again leaving Marriott in yet another city, in the dust! Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ittessot,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your recent stay with us and I am glad that we were able to change your expectation of the airport hotels and I hope you come back soon to have another crabcake sandwich with us.
Maryland
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

The service was great. This was a lovely place to have a formal dinner. The tables were beautiful.
I slept very well. The room was comfortable. I have stayed here before and it is a really nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Mserlady,

Wow!!! Thanks for the five star review of your recent stay with us and we appreciate you being a return guest each time you come to Baltimore.