“Two large issues, neither of which were resolved.”

Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, United States
“Two large issues, neither of which were resolved.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Brad, the manager, is extremely nice but unfortunately he is not a problem solver. I called the front desk and asked Julien for the concierge. He said they were off for the New Year's holiday, but I can get a drink coupon (?) instead. I spoke to Brad and he insisted it was just a miscommunication, that Julien thought I was asking about the bar (again, this doesn't make much sense to me but ok.) Brad then helped coordinate a plan where I would take the hotel shuttle to the light rail, then go into Baltimore for shopping and dinner. When I got to the front desk, Brad said the shuttle had left 10 minutes prior for the airport (20 minutes round trip). I waited 30 minutes, before Brad asked if I had seen him and offered to call the driver. Another 30 minutes of sitting in front of the front desk, and no word. What should've been a 10 minute wait was now at an hour and still counting. I gave up and went to my room for room service. Their idea of crab cakes is terrible, and the pizza not any better. Their desserts are great, though, and the bartender suggested a fantastic new beer for me. In the morning I went downstairs at 6:20 to catch the 6:30 shuttle (supposed to run every 30 minutes on the hour). It showed up at almost 7. Brad asked how the night was, which I told him he never showed. I told him I got room service and he asked how that was. I told him the main dishes not so much but the desserts were good and complimented the bartender. It seemed that one flop after another was completely discarded as a non-issue. Maybe because I wasn't standing there screaming and hollering, but the fact still remains that I spent $300 on a craptastic stay where no one cared about it. Either stay with another hotel that actually has decent amenities and food, or just save some money and stay at a Best Western nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Samatha T,

Thank you for making us aware of where you feel that we failed you as a guest and know that we take all guest concerns to heart. Please feel free to contact Charles.Shields@hilton.com to discuss this matter.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Bogota, Colombia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had booked the Hilton for one night for our family of four to spend the night after a very late arrival coming from Denver. We had a Executive Two Queen beds room what was of a generous size so that we and our 9 pieces of luggage fit perfectly. The bedding was very comfy, room very quiet. Best hairdryer I had so far in a hotel bath room!
The breakfast bufett was OK, nothing special, but included in our room rate of 137 $.
The minus of the hotel: the night guy at the reception should memorize better the brekfast hours of the hotel. We checked in after 2 am in the morning very tired and were told that breakfast hours were between 6:30 and 9:30, I was surprised that breakfast would end so early, especially for being a weekend. So we dragged ourselves out of bed after only some hours of sleep just for being told by the waiter that breakfast hours were until 11 am...

Room Tip: we had our room in the 11th floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear SusanneVie,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey of your short overnight stay with us. Please allow me to apologize for the misinformation that you got from my overnight associate that forced you and your family to attend breakfast earlier than you planned due to your very late arrival, I have spoken with my overnight team and made them aware of their error. I am glad you found the room and other accommodations to your liking..
Hooksett, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Delayed, Missed connection, rebooked for morning to be cancelled & flying solo....made for horrific day of travel. Googled nearby hotels & since I am HitltonHonors member, called them first. Very nice guy answered @ registration, sent FREE shuttle right back at 11 pm...Everyone who worked there was lovely, welcoming & sympathetic. Room was extremely comfortable & clean & just what I needed to be ready for the next long 10+ hour day of "stand by" & eventual flight out to Detroit. (so close, and yet so far!) Even better rate when I mentioned my Triple AAA card! Score!

Room Tip: I was in a double on the 7th floor , and it was just fine.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear SusanAinNH,

Sorry for your traveling woes!!! but I am oh so glad that you chose to stay with us and we offered just a little bit of comfort to your travel. We greatly appreciate the five star review that you gave us and know that we will welcome you back at anytime.
Gettysburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our stay at this hotel was very nice. We did experience a problem with the bathroom, immediately after getting to the room, but we were very quickly moved to another room, and were compensated for the inconvenience with a free breakfast. Due to the response from the hotel staff the problem was a minor inconvenience, and the stay was very pleasant. Also note that the hotel is conveniently located near a Starbucks and several restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Robert Ellwood,

I truly appreciate the five star review that you have given us during your stay. Glad to know that everything meet with your expectations and we look to see you back again very soon in Baltimore.
Fort Wayne, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

The overall appearance of the property is great. I've stayed at this hotel 4 times on business travel. This particular time it had snowed and was very cold. No one salted or plowed the parking Lot…it was a pure sheet of ice. When several guest told the front desk…they didn't seem too concerned. I travel a lot and only stay at Hiltons…I've just never been blown away by this hotel by the service. I'm a Hilton Diamond member, and never once been offered an upgraded room. The room I was given on the stay was on the VIP floor, but there was nothing VIP about it. There was a large rip in the carpet, and the bathroom was very small. The property is very close to the airport and rental car drop off….a big plus for me and the reason I have stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Robert P,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your survey of your stay with us. It appears that there are a few items that we need to concentrate on regarding our upgrades and I will be sure to follow up with my front office team to ensure we improve upon this going forward.
Sharpsburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My flight to LA out of BWI was delayed, delayed, then finally cancelled on 12/29 late afternoon. I was booked on a flight out again at 6:45 a.m. and had to find a place to stay (I'm not a local). drove to an airport area hotel, walked in, turned around and left (traveling alone). I am HHonors member so checked my phone for nearest Hilton. I was absolutely delighted with my stay - it was a delightful find. Fully decorated for the holidays, clean, bright, the staff was helpful and cheery, the room was SO comfortable and I LOVE the Hilton style. I went down for dinner and sat at the bar. The food was delicious and the staff , again, friendly and cheerful. What a great stay. If you have to be stuck in Baltimore (or anywhere) with no family or friends, there's always a Hilton! I'm so glad i spent my time there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Joan B,

Thank you for the five star review that you gave us doing your expected stay in Baltimore. I am glad that our property was able to accommodate you and that you found the food and beds to be to your liking and that you always stay in a Hilton!!
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had a wonderful experience while visiting the hotel to set up our wedding arrangements. Specifically, I would like to mention the dining room supervisor, Benito Gomez. He went above and beyond to make sure I had all of the information I needed to plan our stay. I will absolutely recommend the hotel, and look forward to our wedding in May, where if Benito is working, I have no doubt we will have top notch service.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Stacyls420,

Thank you for the wonderful five star review you gave us and the glowing remarks regarding Benitio our Restaurant Manager I made sure to share with him how he impacted your stay with us. Please come back and see us again soon