“Big Rooms, Poor Service, Leaking Shower”

Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton over Memorial Day weekend for a wedding.

Pros: The rooms were large, even by American hotel standards, and the linens were nice. The shuttle driver from the airport (Wadi or Wasi) was incredibly friendly and professional, and the Shuttle service throughout the weekend was really good. Breakfast was absolutely delicious.

Cons: The service (other than the shuttle driver) was dismal. Waiters at the bar and restaurant were uninterested, and the front desk staff appeared stoned at times. Our shower flooded the bathroom and no one came to fix it, despite being told about the problem twice. The people in front of us at checkout complained at length that their daughter had called security throughout the night to try to deal with an unruly party next door and NO ONE came to help her.

I would never stay here again, given that the Marriott is next door and the La Quinta up the road had much nicer staff. The La Quinta isn't as nice a hotel brand, but the service was infinitely better when we stayed there six months ago.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Travelerkris,

I would like to thank you for submitting your review and I apologize for the staff you encountered while a guest in the hotel. It is not our usual service standard and believe me when I say all department managers are meeting today to ensure all staff is made aware of your comments and how their behavior impacted your stay.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I travel a lot for business and I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I am short, so often the desks in hotels are not comfortable for me, but this desk chair was nicely adjustable and I was comfortable. The bathroom was very nice, and the room looked great.

I wish the room was a little cleaner. The lamp by the bed wasn't plugged in, and when I went to plug it in I saw tons of dust and dirt on the carpet around the bedside table, which made me look a little closer, and the floor wasn't very well vacuumed. I also did not like to have to pay for internet. Breakfast was very expensive, so I had to go eat elsewhere.

All in all, a nice place and I probably would stay again.

Dear Chocoholic2,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your stay. I have shared your comments with my Housekeeping Manager and her team to ensure that this issue is addressed in all rooms. Thank you for staying with us and please come back again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

From the moment I called for the hotel shuttle at baggage claim (Leon picked up on the first ring!) to breakfast in the club lounge prior to departure, the service was top-notch. The room was clean, linens were crisp and towels were fluffy. No make-up mirror, but a decent shower (some peeling of the caulking around the tub). For the evening appetizers, there were warm fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies - yum! Great stay all around!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Cleopatrabunny,

Your recent review of our hotel was wonderful, thank you for the five star review. I was so happy to hear that everything and everyone here at the hotel meet with your standards.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Check out this hotel when visiting Baltimore. The hotel and staff will surprise you. Use AAA or look for weekend specials. Great business meeting. Great food for large hotel. Weekend get away hotel for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear 688stevenn,

Thank you for submitting a wonderful five star review of your stay with us. I have shared with my staff your lovely comments and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Coffee had not been replaced by cleaning staff from the previous guest. No hot water for the shower/sink. Staff was unconcerned and unapologetic at checkout regarding these issues. Other guests also had no hot water. The staff simply said they knew it was a problem. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Alan W

Dear AlanW,

Thank you for your review, please feel free to contact Charles.Shields@Hilton.Com to discuss your comments. Thank you

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I checked into the Hilton BWI Airport on a very busy weekend. Most area hotels were sold out due to major Lacorsse tournaments and weddings in the area-- in addition it was Memorial Day weekend.

First the good news--The front desk staff was courteous and extremely helpful. They were attentive and had answers to all of my questions. The shuttle driver was pleasant, friendly and timely and the restaurant staff greeted you promptly and the breakfast I had in the restaurant was great.

Now the bad news--The rooms were old and outdated. My room smelled musty and borderline moldy. I could hear the guests in the room above me like they were sitting right next to me, so not a very quiet or comfortable stay. There was a coffee maker in the room from 1965 or rather it looked like it could have been. These hotel sleeping rooms and their amenities need to be updated. It is ridiculous that Hilton would not provide a better experience to their guests. The shuttle only serves a 3 mile radius so if you prefer to go to Arundel Mills Mall for shopping or to the Maryland Live Casino then you have to take a taxi or rent a car. Why would you not offer an additional 2-miles as a service for your guests???? Perhaps it would require an extra driver but you could benefit from having guests who want to experience Maryland Live but "prefer" to stay away from the action.

I would NOT stay at this property again as there are plenty of other suitable hotels in the area with more updated sleeping rooms and a shuttle that will travel the full 5 miles of the surrounding area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kdmspecial
Pamela S, Manager at Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear KDMspecial,

First please allow me to apologize for not responding to your review sooner but I was not aware that you had not gotten a response until today. So I would like to thank you for staying with us at our hotel and I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining since we will be renovating our guest rooms and suites in 2015 and welcome all comments and ideas on how we can improve the guestroom experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel in February, before my arrival I emailed them and told them my reason for visiting and that my fiancé would be there with me. When my fiancé and I got to the hotel, there was a welcome gift and a handwritten note wishing us well. Not many people would have cared about the circumstances for my stay- especially since I was a total stranger- but the staff at the Hilton did. Everyone from the sales department who I assume read my email, to the people at the front desk who greeting my fiancé and I by name and the housekeeping staff who smiled and greeted us in the hall. While there we had a drink at the hotel bar and the bartenders were very friendly. We travel quite a bit and I must say that this was a great experience, one that I will not forget. Finally, I like that the hotel is tucked away off of the main road, yet it is still VERY accessible to food and a movie theatre. Oh the room........the room and bathroom was very clean and the bed was comfortable, it was a regular hotel room...you've got your bed and your TV.....but what I appreciated most was the customer service and that I felt like they cared about me......oh nice lobby and very modern looking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Melria,

Congratulations again on your wedding and thank you oh so much for the lovely five star review of your recent stay with us.