“Another good stay except...”

Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
Massachusetts
“Another good stay except...”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and had a wonderful stay. This time they put me on the fifth floor and unfortunately the hallway smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. I'm not sure why they allow some smoking rooms but it puts a damper on the whole place. Next time I will be sure to ask for other floors.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel for two evenings and were very disappointed. Our room had a constant odor (we discovered it was the shower curtain/mildew), the bathtub had several pieces of hair in it, the toilet seat was broken and the room carpet is stained.

While the front desk staff was courteous, we are still waiting to be contacted by management so we can speak with them regarding our concerns. The hotel does provide a shuttle service to area hotels and to the BWI airport, but this is a service also available at other area hotels.

Unfortunately for us, both evenings the facility was sold out so switching to a different room was not an option. We will look for an alternative hotel when we return to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 25KMtb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Kathy M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I'm a critic and if I experience something wrong or bad, I will put it in my review. This is a fine hotel with great service, excellent bed, and a really nice complimentary evening food presentation. And the free shuttle will cheerfully bring you to area restaurant s and back. Just watch out for the snack prices in the pantry

• Stayed September 2013
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We are so thankful for the Staybridge Suites BWI. We had to live here for 2 weeks with our toddler and 9 month old baby when we had a house fire. We lost everything in the fire, and the Staybridge staff took us in with open arms. They rallied to collect clothes, food, and personal supplies for us. The free breakfast buffet every morning, and free dinners 3 times a week really helped too. The staff all because friends with my kids and knew their names. The hotel was clean, friendly, the housekeeping was great. The business center with free printing was also very helpful to help us get back on track. I high HIGHLY recommend them. The rooms are large and homey feeling. HUGS TO THEM!

Room Tip: As for a 2 bedroom suite if you need one, they are huge and so nice!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mom_tod_babe
StaybridgeSuitesBWI, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Hi there! Thank you so much for your review. The team and I are so happy you enjoyed your stay during that trying time. We were thrilled to have you in our 'home' and welcome you back anytime you need us, just this time under better circumstances. Thank you again for the review and if you ever need us, we will be here for you.
Waterville, Maine
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I reserved two room for myself and a fellow traveler. When we arrived we switched one room into his name... However once I returned home I noticed both bills where in his name. Maria took the time to go into the billing system and find our bills. She made the change and emailed me a correct receipt. Thanks Maria, it's people like you that make the IHG chain what it is!
Jason P.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the review of the Staybridge Suites and Maria! As always, all of our guests reviews are viewed by the team and she is so excited to see you took time to compliment her. I am happy she was able to assist you. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Wood-Ridge, NJ
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Love this place. Super-clean place that seems fairly new. The price is about half that of a downtown hotel and only a 10-minute drive away. Tons of free parking and great ambiance. The suite is huge with a nice little kitchen with all the amenities. Two years in a row my family & I have stayed here, and we still haven't heard an airplane.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy we are continuing to provide you and your family with excellent service. We look forward to having you during your next trip.

When I first started at the hotel, I too was concerned about the noise the planes could make. I'm still shocked that I can't hear them, even when I am outside. So glad to know that the guests aren't disturbed by them either.
Coarsegold, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Friendly staff and really nice rooms. I have had no issues here at all and have stayed for business at least 15 times. I am usually in MD for 3 to 5 days and I don't like to eat every meal out, so having the kitchen was perfect for me - micro, cooktop, full size fridge, dishes, pots and pans. The bed is very comfortable, and each room has a decent couch sitting area. Staybridge offers cookies in the evening and a hot/cold breakfast int he AM. Three or four nights a week they also offer a light meal, all included in the hotel stay. Restaurants are close by and the area is fine for walking if you want some exercise.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Staybridge Suites BWI! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we offer. We look forward to having you with us again and again.