I was flying in from the West Coast and arriving late, with my friends picking me up the next day. I booked the Staybridge Suites based on the outstanding reviews it had gotten on here. Since I was arriving late and I was traveling alone, it was important that there be a shuttle bus with a courtesy phone at the airport. I had emailed the hotel in advance to confirm there would be a courtesy phone at the baggage carousel, and they confirmed that there was one. Unfortunately, my flight had been delayed 3 hours and I arrived after midnight! At the baggage carousels, I searched for the Staybridge Suites courtesy phone and found none! I had to look up the number and call on my cell phone instead. The front desk manager told me the shuttle bus driver had gone home for the night. I had to catch a taxi. Well the cab driver got lost (supposedly) and what was supposed to be a $5 fare became a $20 one, with the driver not listening to where he was meant to go. Needless to say I got worried and couldn't get out of that cab fast enough. I vowed to myself to never again fly into BWI at night, as I had had a similar experience a year before, as described in my Westin review. I suppose I cannot fault the Staybridge Suites for airline delays or bad cab drivers.
The hotel itself is nice, as are the staff. I had a quiet room on the 4th floor at the end of a hallway. The king-sized bed was comfortable, and the bathroom clean and spacious. The kitchenette would definitely come in handy for longer stays, but since I was only there for the night, it didn't get used. Free wireless internet is always helpful. Breakfast the next morning comprised the usual hotel offerings -- not bad, but nothing special.
If I was luckier with ground transportation from the airport, I would definitely return to the Staybridge Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The art of convenience and comfort is carried out exquisitely at the Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport. Stay conveniently by BWI airport and a short 15-minute ride from downtown Baltimore and the Inner Harbor. The hotel is located close to many major corporations such as Northrop Grumman, Verizon, BAE, Lockheed Martin, AeroTek, and Westinghouse. We offer a free shuttle to these and other corporations within a 5-mile radius. Settle into spacious, apartment-like suites with all of the conveniences of home, perfect for your extended-stay or short-term-stay needs. Our pet-friendly hotel features fully-equipped kitchens, 32 flat screen cable TVs with HBO, free high-speed Internet, and so much more. Start your day with a hearty complimentary breakfast buffet in our great room. Then end the day with a well-deserved cocktail at our Evening Managers Socialreception. Take advantage of all that Baltimore has to offer by visiting its famous Inner Harbor. Check out other area attractions such as the National Aquarium and Maryland Science Center. Get more from your stay with a 24-hour business and fitness center, free laundry facilities, complimentary airport shuttle, and seasonal outdoor pool. Get Comfortable at the Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Staybridge Suites Linthicum