“Very short stay; shuttle issue”

Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was flying in from the West Coast and arriving late, with my friends picking me up the next day. I booked the Staybridge Suites based on the outstanding reviews it had gotten on here. Since I was arriving late and I was traveling alone, it was important that there be a shuttle bus with a courtesy phone at the airport. I had emailed the hotel in advance to confirm there would be a courtesy phone at the baggage carousel, and they confirmed that there was one. Unfortunately, my flight had been delayed 3 hours and I arrived after midnight! At the baggage carousels, I searched for the Staybridge Suites courtesy phone and found none! I had to look up the number and call on my cell phone instead. The front desk manager told me the shuttle bus driver had gone home for the night. I had to catch a taxi. Well the cab driver got lost (supposedly) and what was supposed to be a $5 fare became a $20 one, with the driver not listening to where he was meant to go. Needless to say I got worried and couldn't get out of that cab fast enough. I vowed to myself to never again fly into BWI at night, as I had had a similar experience a year before, as described in my Westin review. I suppose I cannot fault the Staybridge Suites for airline delays or bad cab drivers.

The hotel itself is nice, as are the staff. I had a quiet room on the 4th floor at the end of a hallway. The king-sized bed was comfortable, and the bathroom clean and spacious. The kitchenette would definitely come in handy for longer stays, but since I was only there for the night, it didn't get used. Free wireless internet is always helpful. Breakfast the next morning comprised the usual hotel offerings -- not bad, but nothing special.

If I was luckier with ground transportation from the airport, I would definitely return to the Staybridge Suites.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank amp88
StaybridgeSuitesBWI, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Amp88,
I apologize for the troubles with your arrival that night as our shuttle does stop running at midnight. As for the courtesy phone, I will speak with the team to clarify to our callers that it's not specifically for our property but we are listed on the airport courtesy shuttle phone station. I can only imagine how frustrated you were when you landed and again I apologize for that frustration.

I am pleased to know that when you did arrive at the hotel you were able to relax in your room and get some rest. We do hope you use us again if you fly back to BWI. Hopefully this time there won't be flight delays and we can be your transportation from the airport.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our family stayed here 3 nights while in town for our son's wedding. Friendly people at the desk, breakfast area, etc. The 2 bedroom suite was perfect for our needs; as we had family staying in the same hotel and nearby, it was nice to have a gathering place the 3 nights we were there. The Thursday night social was great; bbq chicken sliders, salad and a beer tasted great after a long day in the car and a traffic back up. Breakfast was good, many items offered. My oatmeal was perfect on Friday morning, but a bit too runny Sat/Sun. Coffee was very good. My only complaint was that after we checked in, we opened the cabinet under the sink in the kitchen area to toss something and the trash can was full to overflowing and a bag of recyclables was under there as well.... not sure why this wasn't addressed when room was cleaned. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would book again when in the area!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

StayBridge Suites is usually on my short list of brands to stay at when travelling, and this location does not disappoint.

The rooms are spacious, and the in-room kitchen is a great feature. The beds are comfortable, the rooms clean, and the amenities are as expected. The 'free' breakfast in the morning has enough variety to please almost anyone, from fresh fruit, to a waffle machine, to eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, danishes, and a variety of drinks (milk, juices, etc.)

This location is very convenient to the BWI airport, which is a plus. However, the general area doesn't have much to offer in the way of restaurants and evening activities - you'll need to go to the nearby Arundel Mills mall/casino or even into Baltimore proper for that.

Room Tip: Non-smokers: request a room NOT on the 5th (top) floor. One-half of that floor is where the smoking...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
StaybridgeSuitesBWI, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hi KarlC2! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our Staybridge Suites. We truly value our guests feedback. We are glad you were able to enjoy our large room and our complimentary breakfast. As for the smoke smell on the 5th floor, we are working on a remedy for that. We don't like having our non smoking guest walk through that. Our hope is to find a remedy quickly. Hopefully on your next trip to the area, you will notice a difference. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband has to travel to Baltimore a lot and I or the kids often go with him. We always stay at the Staybridge Suites. They offer a free hot breakfast every morning and on Tuesday through Thursday they offer dinner, beer and wine. Each suite is supplied with dishes and pans to use in the full kitchenette (with stove and full size refrigerator). If that doesn't appeal to you, you can use their grills to have a cookout by the pool.The rooms are spacious and the pool is a nice outdoor pool. There is also a small exercise room. There are washers and dryers available to use for free..just bring your own soap. The desk has free movies to watch either in your room or in the theater room. The staff is always very friendly. If you just plan to visit downtown Baltimore, you wouldn't even have to rent a car as they offer free shuttle service to and from the airport, the downtown train and even the Amtrak station.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ChristineR1
StaybridgeSuitesBWI, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Awesome review ChristineR1 and Thank you! We do our best to make sure you are able to enjoy yourself and be comfortable all while saving time and money when you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and the kids during your next visit to the area. Thank you again for taking the time to complete a review on our Staybridge Suites BWI.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Flew into BWI, had business in Annapolis and in DC, so stayed here a couple of nights. This is a very nice place to stay-modern, bright, clean. Rooms have small kitchens, free wifi. Small fitness center and a pool. They offer a full breakfast and a light dinner/social hour during the week. Shuttle will take you to local places, rail station. Staff are very nice and accomodating. Overall, a very high-value choice for BWI (or for DC for that matter-it's only $6.00 to take MARC train to DC).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank roadwarrierMD

Hi roadwarrierMD and THANK YOU for your recent review. It is always a pleasure to know that we are taking care of our guests and they have enjoyed staying with us. You are absolutely correct that our shuttle will take you around to the local areas and it is so easy to visit DC from our location. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The great reviews are accurate - this is an outstanding place. I was only there for one night, but it was a pitch-perfect stay from beginning to end. Friendly and efficient check-in from the great front desk associate.

I think this was my first time at a SBS and I found it to be at least a notch or two above the other extended stay-type properties I've stayed at. The common areas and rooms are extremely clean and comfortable, and the bedding and mattress were of very high quality.

Also - and this was appreciated - one of the best cups of coffee I've ever had!

Congrats to the owners and property managers on running a great place. I won't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank lewisnyc
StaybridgeSuitesBWI, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Lewisny,
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on your stay at our Staybridge Suites. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us. I will make sure to post your review so that the entire team will know how they did. We look forward to your next trip to the area- maybe we can enjoy a cup of coffee in our great room before you leave!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

The airport shuttle took me three calls and over an hour to be picked up--they never arrived. i finally cabbed over. The wait made me late for a meeting.

Once there, I was treated well. I had to leave for my meeting and they took the bag up to the room for me. The room was clean. The breakfast was okay too.

Leaving the next day on the shuttle, a bit more trouble. They ask you to sign up, which i did. I was the only one on. Part-way to the airport the desk calls the driver. Sounds like someone else wants a ride. Back we go. We get there--no one there. Almost made me late for my flight. The driver was polite and nice, but they need to work on their desk-shuttle communications!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Frequentflyermom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate your interactions with the shuttle prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J