“Excellent Care of the Wearied Traveler”

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 16 February 2014

For those who stay at hotels frequently, there are two things that make a place stand out for you: level of cleanliness and the hospitality of the staff. This place wins with both. Upon arrival was greeted with "heavy" hors d'oeuvres and get this - free wine or beer! (Limit 2). The staff was very pleasant. The free breakfast the next morning was hot - always a welcomed treat. I needed to check out unexpectedly after "late" check out had long passed and the person assisting me did not charge me for an additional day. If you are a frequent visitor to the area and looking for a place where the staff will look after you, I suggest you give this place a try.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carol H

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed here overnight for a weekend trip to Baltimore. Large, clean and comfortable 2 bedroom suite. Bathroom was a little tight with the sink separated by a door from the tub/toilet. Friendly staff! We didn't hear any noise from either rooms next to us. Breakfast was pretty basic, but filling. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
TownePlaceBWI, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review, we are so glad that you and your family had a comfortable stay! Our experienced team takes pride in providing friendly service in a clean, comfortable setting. Our hot buffet breakfast is quite filling and includes eggs, potatoes, waffles, breakfast meat and more. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back during your next weekend getaway trip to Baltimore!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I made a last minute, same day reservation here on a blind-booking site. The rate was more than half off the listed price, and I honestly didn't expect much. I was coming from another local hotel where I had checked out early and cancelled the rest of my stay due to extreme dissatisfaction with the service.

The staff here was friendly, allowing me to check in to a room 4 hours before the official check-in time. As I was walking to the elevator, the maintenance man even offered to help me with my bag! The room is very well furnished. Small, but comfortable. The bed is great, and pillows are perfect.

I would absolutely LOVE to stay here again for my next visit. The complimentary dinner/drink social hour Mon-Wed is wonderful touch!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AlwaysSunnyInTexas
TownePlaceBWI, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for the excellent review, we would LOVE to welcome you back for your next visit! We help guests end their busy day every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with a relaxing light dinner, beer and wine. We are happy to hear that our team was able to help make your stay enjoyable and that your suite was comfortable.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We always know that this place is a good place to stay -- clean, comfortable, a good price, good breakfast, and a friently staff. Nice to have places that are consistent when you travel. It is also a convenient place to stay for BWI airport. This is a good option in the Marriott chain of hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TownePlaceBWI, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed here for a week and was very surprised at how nice it was! Plenty of parking and also access to public transportation (bus #17) right by the motel. Breakfast was available every day and they also serve a wonderful hot dinner from Monday through Wednesday with 2 complementary beers. My room was well laid out with a king bed, work station with a 32" LCD TV and kitchenette complete with Microwave, dishwasher, fridge, utensils and a cook top. Granite counters in both the kitchen and bathroom finished off the room. The staff was very friendly and treated me very well. The lounge was nice and was supplied with copies of the Wall Street Journal and USA today. An outdoor gas grill is available but I didn't have an opportunity to use it as the weather was a little chilly.
I would gladly recommend this to all business or social travelers and I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank John S
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Recently stayed here for the weekend as an alternative to the higher priced hotels in the Arundel Mills area. Got a great rate on Hotwire, and was not disappointed. This is a fairly new property which had a decent free breakfast. The rooms have a nice TV, and entertainment setup. The hotel is about 5-6 miles from Arundel Mills and the Casino.

Everything was clean and cozy. If you're used to Marriott quality, that's what you'll get here.

Hotel is tucked away an a quiet area. There is a 7-11, Bob Evans, and a Cracker Barrel in the vicinity

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bignar
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I recently stayed at the TownPlace Suites while I was in the Linthicum area for a week long training. The hotel caters during the week to long term business travellers bit seems to switch to airport travellers during the weekend. Rooms are comfortable and clean - each with there own kitchenette complete with granite countertops, microwave, stove , fridge, and dishwasher. It's a Marriott hotel which means the beds are super comfortable. I found that the rooms were clean but some elements looked heavily used - the desk chair in my room's arm was broken. The one major complaint I had was the soundproofing between rooms - It sounded like bigfoot was in the room above me. I normally am not bothered by noise but the sound of footsteps was so loud I wwas close to calling the front desk.

The hotel has a standard hotel gym (two treadmills, elliptical, and a rack of free weights) and an outdoor pool (it was winterized when I stayed). Guests can borrow bikes from the hotel and use the always lit fire pit each night.

Monday through Wednesday, the hotel provides dinner to guests and happy hour (corona, Coors light, or red/white wine) from 6-7 pm. I ate during chicken fajita night and was very pleased with dinner. Hot breakfast is offered each morning which has eggs, MTO waffles, juice, breads, cereal, etc.

OVERALL: I was happy with my stay and would return but only if I was placed in a room on the top floor of the hotel.

GOOD:
- Dinner and happy hour was a very nice offering.
- Marriott beds are super comforting.

BAD:
- Soundproofing between rooms (between floors).
- Furniture can be a bit worn.

• Stayed: November 2013