“Believe TA for this restaurant - We will be back”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Restaurant is right off Exit 8 or 8B on the I-695. Easy off anf Easy on. Nothing special from the outside, but it is what they have inside that matters. Based on experiences of other Tripadvisor patrons, we stopped here around 4:30, Thursday, May 10 and the restaurant already had quite a few tables seated. I ordered the 2 Crab Cake dinner and DW ordered 1. That gave us 1 1/2 each which way more than enough. What passes as Crab Cakes where we live are nothing compared to G & M. We both agree we have never had anything like them. We ate until we were over-stuffed. As we were staying at a hotel nearby and their deserts looked sooo good, took a piece of cake called 'Super Tommy' something. No matter how full you are taker home a piece of this heaven. It is just that good. For what you get, the price is very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,980)

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Our first night in MD we wanted some seafood...this place fit the bill! We got the carry out and it was fantastic, Huge lumps of crab meat in everything.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I discovered G & M on this trip to the Baltimore/D.C./Annapolis area and it was so good I went back for my last dinner (it's near BWI airport). The first time, I had a broiled seafood platter with a crab cake. It included shrimp, scallops, white fish (cod?) and crab cakes. Everything was delicious. The place was packed so I ate at the bar and the baseball game on the TV provided good entertainment. The service was good. Not cheap, but worth it.

The second time, I had a half dozen raw oysters, which were nice and tasty, and two crab cakes. The cakes were loaded with lump crab and are probably the best crab cakes I've ever eaten. The service this time was fair, but I think the waitress was fairly new (at least I hope that was the case). This place is a keeper.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I visited this restaurant after the Preakness and it was PACKED. It was over an hour wait and the hostess told me that their take out counter next door offered the same menu. So, rather than wait and/or hover for a seat at the bar, I took her advice. The take out place offered fast service and I was able to get an order of crab cakes to go in pretty short order. As an added bonus, there was a liquor store across the street where I was able to get something better than water to go with dinner.

After getting back to my hotel room, I dug in to the second best crab cakes I've ever tasted (Loconi's in San Francisco still being #1.) The cakes were HUGE, filled with really big lumps of crab and barely held togehter by the least amount of filler necessary. They definitely lived up to the hype. If you can, just do the take out, get some wine from across the street and enjoy life.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Hadn't eaten here in a few years, but was nearby and decided to go-excellent decision! They have extensively remodeled, but even that is not as stupendous as the food, Sweet crabcakes, no filler, about a pound to pound and a half of crab/crabcake platter with choice of two sides. My husband had filet of trout with crab- neither of us could finish even half. Service was efficient and very pleasant.Don't miss this pick of Baltimore's best crab.