“Simply THE BEST”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Wilmington, Delaware
“Simply THE BEST”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

If you love seafood you never love a Resturant like you'll fall in love with the food at G&M. I mostly eat the crab imperial and my husband eats the steak with something and there has never been a disappointment and it's so much food we always leave with a doggie bag. It's always crowded but NEVER leave just be patient you won't regret the wait!!! The atmosphere is great, I love the upstairs new area with the very large TV's and all the servers are very friendly and accommodating. I've been going to G&M for years and it's still one of my most favorite places. Once you visit you won't want to leave!

• Visited October 2013

KUTZTOWN
“Don't try anything else but the crab cakes!!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Listen to all the others who wrote the reviews about this restaurant... Stick to the crab cakes! One is plenty., they are huge and chock full of sweet crab meat. I also enjoyed a very nice shrimp cocktail for an appetizer. Friend got the steak.., don't!!! It was dry and way overlooked!! Good Cole slaw! Plenty of desserts..the cheesecakes are your best bet! Good wait staff for our party of 8! Lines out the door!

Charleston Il
“Amazing surprise!!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Visiting from Illinois, we chose to stop at this restaurant while we were looking for somewhere to eat because it looked interesting and not overly crowded; e.g. there was a parking spot, when there was no spot at all the other restaurants we had seen. What a beautiful meal!! The whole experience was a blessed surprise, from the pleasingly dressy atmosphere, to the helpful wait staff, and the excellent food!! Wow! I truly did have the best Crab Cakes I had ever had, yet to call them cakes does them a disservice; you will just have to try them to appreciate! Thank you G & M for the best experience my whole trip away from home and thank you also, to the wonderful wait staff person from Cameroon, near Nigeria, for the pleasant and interesting conversation. You are in my prayers!!!

Silver Spring, MD
“Disapointed Return Visit”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had not been to G & M's since early last year. At that time the food was excellent, as was the service. This visit the food was below average but the service excellent,
The ladies started out with Manhattan cocktails which were exactly prepared. For dinner selections, two in the party had double crab cakes, their signature dish. The crab cakes were over cooked and very dry. I had veal shank over rice that was more like a tough over coked beef pot roast than veal. The fourth member of our group had the Cordon Blu which was good.
I don't know what the problem is but it will be a long time before I return.

Long Island, New York
“A Crab Cake Lovers Paradise!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Being from New York, we always make sure we have crab cakes when in the Baltimore area. Well, G&M lived up to the hype, as there crab cakes ranked up there with the best of them. Since this is probably the best restaurant in the area, the wait was long, but worth it. Although some of our family members had steak, you definitely want to stick to the seafood portion of the menu. The portions exceeded our expectations, and if you really want to treat yourself, go to the bakery next store where there are so many wonderful tasting options.