“Great place”

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was great at taking care of my bags, scheduling a shuttle for the airport, and any other things I may have required.
I also liked the staff behind the bar. They were incredibly friendly and provided excellent service. I will always use this hotel for future trips into the Balitmore area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank thechibiknight
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI. We value and appreciate your business as well as your positive review. We are fortunate to have a wonderful, accommodating staff, especially those that work at award winning restaurant and bar, Luminous. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to Baltimore!

Be Well,
Fletcher Mayes, General Manager

Reviewed 8 November 2011

My wife and I were attending a wedding at the hotel and stayed the one night. I was extremely disappointed that the a/c did not work in the room, after 2 requests they put a fan in the room. The two telephones in the room did not work; we could only use the speaker function of it to call the front desk to complain about the a/c issue. The edges of the some of the towels were frayed and had threads hanging of. I'm not sure what the housekeeping standards are for Westin, but the carpet edges against the walls of the whole room had a grey dust line/also in the hotel corridors. It is apparent that the room had not been vacuumed properly, their housekeeping vacuum the room but not the edges. Not what I expected from a Starwood property.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank RoyalHarryP
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I've stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times now for business, and I've had a flawless experience every single time. The lobby is beautiful, the staff are incredibly helpful, the rooms are well decorated, and I am a big fan of Westin's "heavenly bed" and "heavenly bath" experiences. It's near the airport, and has a great shuttle that will take you back and forth. It's also relatively close to downtown. This is also right near one of the best crab cake restaurants in Baltimore, G&M. I stay at a lot of business hotels for work and these guys really have it figured out. Kudos! The only downside is that it's a little hard to find, on a back road behind the airport.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ehilgeman
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days! Everything was great! The only issue I had was with the restaurant. I wanted to order room service and just wanted to come down and get it. Well, I call the front desk and was told I'd have to order in the restaurant. I then went to the restaurant and was looked at strangly when I requested to order something. Basically, if you want something from the "room service menu" you must let them deliver it and pay the extra 20% in gratuity. I work for a large company who gives them plenty of business. I just figured they would accommodate. Other than that, everything was nice. By the way they have a dual shower head, it's AMAZING!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!!
2  Thank Caressia
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Excellent facility with a very friendly staff. Visit was very comfortable and more than I expected. I checked in late and still received an outstanding room that exceeded expectation. Soya was especially friendly and helpful at the front desk.

1  Thank C M
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Great Service!!!!! Was having dinner at the bar and the lady behind the bar - "Anisha" was wonderful. Service with a smile and great humor. Made my time spent there very enjoyable and I would return on every trip if she were behind the bar.

Thank you, Anisha for a memoriable dinner!!!

1  Thank Alexandra W
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The staff was outstanding, for the price, my room was way above the mark. I have stayed at very plush high end locations. For $116.00 I did not plan on this.

IT WAS GRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Look at website.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family