“Very Pleased”

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Considering bang for the buck. Best deal for an airport hotel we've had. Clean, happy with bathroom fixtures working well. My wife and I liked the double shower head. The minor negatives were parking is rather distant, like most motels insufficient places to hang towels/clothes, rough toilet paper.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I checked in at this hotel and was assisted by Megan and Patricia Powell. They were so professional and are definitely an asset to the hotel. My room was perfect. A home away from home. I will refer this hotel to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Very nice hotel. the front desk staff is helpful and efficient, the rooms are extremely comfortable and quiet with good A/C, the bathrooms are very nice, and the breakfast buffet has a great omelette station. Overall highly recommended

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Used to be a great property(clean and well kept) and I don't understand if changes occur in management, or budgets, etc., however the property is showing age and upkeep seems to be an issue. My recent stay showed hallway sconce covers damaged, debris on the floor for two days, my room had scotch tape in the corners, dried food? on pictures, light fixtures, etc.. I booked via online booking site so my rate was fair, however I would be upset if a hotel priority member paying full posted rates, as this hotel is now sub par with other 4+ star properties.

3  Thank Walter B
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stopped here on our trip heading farther south, and this hotel far exceeded our expectations. I'd say it was a 4- to 4 1/2-star hotel for the price of a 2-star.

As a Starwoods (Sheraton) member, we were put on the seventh floor, or a club room. It was particularly nice, with many extras in the room. The bedding was quite comfortable, giving us one of the best night's sleep, in a hotel, that we've had in a long time. A nice bathroom, with a tub and twin showerhead. The front-desk check-in agent was super, repeating her name to us over and over and telling us if we had any problems or questions at all to contact her immediately.

The upscale restaurant-bar downstairs was fun, for fancy dinners or simply appetizers and drinks. (We spent more for an hour and a half there than we did for our one-night room rate.)

The only slight criticism I'd offer is the hotel advertises free Wi-Fi; turns out there's a slight charge for that. But I'd definitely stay here again, and this hotel will make me think about other Westins for future travels.

Room Tip: Become a Starwoods member, if you're not already, before making your reservation. It's free...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Have stayed before and remember it being a great hotel. I LOVE the gym- huge, open space with lots of equipment (good cardio, nice free weights, bosu instability balls, balls, as well as nautilus equipment) as well as a well kept pool. Wait staff in dining room could not be more helpful or gracious and the woman who drive the shuttle to the airport was super friendly. Only things keeping me from giving them 5 stars are the unfriendly front desk staff when I checked in and the next morning when myself and other guests couldn't get our room keys to work in the gym door the next morning. And the rooms were nice, but the curtains were falling down in my room- the metal rods keeping them up were bent and looked as if were about to collapse. Felt as if there wasn't a lot of TLC to keep the rooms up. Still very nice, but not up to Westin standards. I would stay again, because the rates are amazing (and hotwire has this hotel a lot) for the quality. Just thinking the dining room service manager could give some good pointers to the front desk manager.

1  Thank mjr06
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

We are very pleased to hear about your wonderful experience. Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your experience. Your comment was shared with everyone including the Front Desk and Houskeeping to avoid these issues in the future. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Westin at BWI Airport is very modern and sleek. The rooms are nice and bathroom is very large with double headed shower. Beds are very comfortable. The curtains darken the room so well that I over slept and had to ask for a late check out. We did not eat at the hotel but from what I saw others eating, it looked delicious. We received a very good rate with our Island Rays membership. I highly recommend The Westin.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for your recent comments in Trip Advisor! Please keep in mind for your next visit. We look forward to having you join us on your next to the BWI area.