“Compassionate Staff Goes Above and Beyond!”

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Compassionate Staff Goes Above and Beyond!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at this location last weekend for an Army Annual Training Conference with my partner. It's a lovely hotel that is well manicured, but what was really stand-out was the service.

I'd ordered shoes to be delivered to the hotel shortly after my arrival. Of course, every woman knows that shoes make your outfit, and these particular shoes were to wear to the Army Ball which was to take place that weekend.

One can imagine my chagrin, when I went to the front desk and there was no sign of the package! According to my shipping they had been delivered there, but still no sign of them. I was livid. The staff assured me they would work on it.

We continued with our scheduled events and later that night I saw the Front Desk Manager, Patricia, heading out for the evening (it was probably around 11pm). I asked if there had been any word on my shoes, and she told me she'd been working on it all evening. Even though she was off for the evening, she went over to the neighboring Sheraton, where the shoes had been mistakenly delivered, and found them! How often will an employee of a hotel use their off time to solve guest issues? I was completely floored and indebted to her. She was so understanding and compassionate, even given my unpleasant state. She really made my visit with them an unforgettable one. It's that kind of service that makes a hotel really exemplary. She's a gem, and they should give her a promotion. She's not just providing great service, she is the embodiment of it.

I would definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Westin BWI! Our associates work diligently to provide guests with exceptional service, and we are thrilled that they were able to make such a lasting impression on you. We will certainly pass along your kind words to Patricia! We truly appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I got a last minute room for my Aunt's funeral at a great rate. The hotel is not convenient to stores or other restaurants or bars. The staff was great and the hotel had a very good restaurant and bar.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Robby,
Please accept our deepest condolences…
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Westin BWI! Due to our proximity to the shops and restaurants in the area, we aim to deliver exceptional service to each and every guest, and we just updated our restaurant and bar menu. We hope that you will get a chance to come visit us in the future…
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were so impressed with the staff and quality of the hotel for the price. We enjoyed room service that was hot and delicious and delivered promptly. Just as important, the cost was reasonable. We noticed a lot of military checking in, getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan. That speaks of the quality of the rooms and beds...The shuttle drivers were friendly, genuinely happy and shared their respect for the company they work for. This speaks for a great organization that treats staff well and they spread that energy to guests.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank monica c
Thanks Monica for your recent review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and one of our brand differentials, the Heavenly Bed which is available online for purchase. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I usually stay at Hilton hotels but I was attending a conference at the hotel and decided to stay here instead of having to drive back to an offsite hotel each day. Everyone I came in contact with were extremely helpful and friendly - from the front desk to room service to the maintenance man. The room was very quiet and clean. And oh... The bed was so comfortable. I'm going to start staying at Westin hotels whenever I can in the future.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cindy C
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of some of our signature amenities. The Heavenly Bed - transforms your night’s rest and morning rise, leaving you more energized for the day ahead.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Little River, California
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Because of winter storm Titan, our flights to the west coast were canceled (twice). We had a lovely stay at the westin where they allowed us to not only check in early but check out late! All the staff were so helpful and professional. Great service in the restaurant and delicious food. Room was large, clean and beds were so comfy. Bathroom very well appointed.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lrcoop
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful time at The Westin BWI in spite of the weather conditions! I couldn’t agree with you more as we take pride of our friendly staff and clean rooms. We would love to have you back on your next planned visit or not, to the BWI area.
New York
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed at this property for 1 night. The lobby is beautiful. The staff was very helpful and accomodating. The room was spacious. The best part of the hotel has to be the shower. Each room has an amazing rain shower. AMAZING. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely recommend and stay again. Located within 5 minutes of the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. From our friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable heavenly bed to the amazing heavenly bath experience. Our goal is to ensure that you feel better when you leave Westin than when you arrived. We look forward on welcoming you back on your next visit to the BWI area.
Sydney
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had a late arrival into BWI from the West Coast and it took awhile for my luggage to come out at the carousel. Since there was no Westin courtesy phone at the airport, I had to ask the airport information desk how to get a hold of the free shuttle bus, and I was fortunately given the number to call. Reception at the Westin was not very friendly. They told me to just wait outside. 45 minutes later, a shuttle turned up, with all the lights off inside. It was completely dark. I tentatively got inside, only to find two guys sitting in the back just going for a ride. They told me they were going to Wendy's for some food, and would I like some. I said no, and that I just needed to go to the hotel as I was very tired from a long day. Well, they didn't really care about that and went to Wendy's Drive-Thru anyway. It was one of the most bizarre experiences ever. Once at the hotel, the reception staff were again very aloof -- not friendly at all. Thankfully my room was very comfortable, and room service was very good. The breakfast the next day was good as well, with a lot on offer at the buffet. I used the gym, which is quite well-equipped and spacious, but strangely there is no shower attached, so if you have to check-out of your room, there is nowhere to take a shower before leaving. Not counting the bizarre experience in the shuttle bus, it was a good, but not excellent hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We are very thankful for your feedback, and we really appreciate your observations. We are very sorry that we so badly missed your arrival expectations during your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your breakfast experience and you were able to rest well. Our Management team will follow-up with our guest services team to ensure that this will not happen again. We are dedicated to providing excellent guest experiences from the moment you called the hotel, to your arrival and throughout your entire stay. We hope that you will give us another chance by returning to The Westin BWI in the future.