“Almost 5 dots”

Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Pittsburgh, United States
“Almost 5 dots”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were lucky enough to "win" this hotel when booking a Priceline express deal with another family. The rooms were more spacious than an average two-double bed room. Beds had high quality linens and were very comfortable. Electric outlets were easily accessible on the desk, great for charging phones and such. Our favorite thing about this hotel room was the peace and quiet. We heard almost no hallway or street noise, despite the hotel looking pretty full. The bathroom was huge! There were only a few negatives regarding the room. For one, the TV turned itself on at 6:30am both days despite us setting the TV alarm for 8:30am. The curtains were broken in one spot and let a lot of early morning sun in. This is not exactly negative, but we were informed there were no refrigerators in the room, but we had one. We would have packed differently if we'd known that.

The pool area was quite elegant with padded lounge chairs, a very large lap pool and good sized spa tub. Unfortunately the pool heater was not working and the water was freezing. The lifeguard and front desk staff informed us that we could use the pool at the neighboring Sheraton. We tried the Sheraton pool, and it was very small and crowded. There were also no pool towels for nearly an hour, which left a lot of young swimmers shivering and sad.

Overall, this is a well-maintained and attractive property. Only a few flaws prevented a rating of 5 dots.

Room Tip: Our room in the middle of the hallways was very quiet!
Green Features: They had the customary card encouraging customers to hang up their towels and so forth.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura M
Jayquin B, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you so much for your detailed review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Westin BWI. We apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. We have shared your comments with our management team and our currently looking for feasible solutions to rectify the issue. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future and have the opportunity to serve you. Our goal is for you to give us 5 dots on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Whitinsville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This Westin was a very good deal and offered an excellent stay for the three nights I was there. Breakfast was wonderful, but not included and a little pricey. The grounds are nice and the lobby is beautiful. Beds super comfortable, and the shower TRULY was Heavenly(tm). The whole line of products they give you (White Tea Aloe) are also excellent, and the pleasant white tea aloe scent is constantly pumped through the lower floor, making it hard to leave and wonderful to enter back into from outside and a long day. The staff was very attentive and polite and saw to my every need upon arrival. Very good stay, will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jmarklawson
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Heavenly bed, Heavenly shower and the Westin white tea scent. They are truly heavenly!
We do hope to welcome you and your family back in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at The Westin BWI for 1 night before my flight back home. Check in was a breeze, very clean and modern lobby with a nice water wall. Room was nicely decorated and bed was very comfortable. This is a very minor detail but it one that I truly like: They still make the wakeup calls via the phone with a live person, not a recording. She made sure I didn't need a follow up call and was very pleasant. Keep it up Westin!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your recent review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Westin BWI. Our goal is to provide an exceptional and personal service to our guests. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2014

You don't even know you are right beside BWI airport until you arrive there just a few minutes from leaving the airport. Rooms have the most luxurious linen - you feel like you are sleeping in the clouds. It's a beautiful place. My teen daughter and I stayed there while visiting schools. Had a wheat beer with an orange slice as we called for room service (excellent salads, apple pie). Short stay for us but we did feel pampered. Almost gave it a 4 for location as it took us several turns and returns to find it but decided that was part of the coolness factor so still gave the location a 5. Nice to feel like royalty for a night.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Mr. Holloway,
Thank you so much the great review! We strive to deliver exceptional experiences and are pleased that we were able to provide you with such during your stay. It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of our brand amenities – like our Heavenly bed – during your stay at The Westin BWI.
We certainly hope to see you in the near future!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is my first time staying at this hotel and it takes a lot to upset a business traveler that stays at a hotel 3-4 nights a week. Nice hotel, clean, etc. The restaurant food was not good at all. Everything tasted extremely processed and VERY salty. No other restaurant options close.

I am not the type of person to ever care enough to stay up later than I have to in order to write a review, however, if you are a constant business traveler, then the one thing you do care about is recharging your electronics. One pet peeve of a hotel (especially a Westin) is if they do not have the proper plugs for a business traveler. The attached "fire hazard" takes it to a whole new level. Really!...who misses this one when they are in the room every day? If you need a quick, easy place to get to from BWI that is clean....this is your spot. If you want a hotel that has good restaurants near and checks on their rooms.....Hilton Camden Yards. Pays to be a Platinum member...right???

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Westin BWI Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here just for a day over Memorial Day Weekend. Check in took longer than I thought it would. I rented 3 rooms for myself and my family and the lady helping me was a bit new. She had to keep calling someone over to help her.

The main lobby was nice and spacious. I did notice a slight odor to the couch I was sitting on near the back of the lobby. The room was pretty big and the bathroom as well. I found the bed nice and comfortable, the only problem I found was the sheets. I felt they were a bit stiff, and every time I moved around even just a little it was like rubbing against sand paper. I ended up just sleeping on top of the comforter. Other than that I thought my stay was relaxing and I would stay here again if I find myself in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we missed marks on your recent stay. We absolutely use your feedback to further improve and refine our service levels from the front desk service to housekeeping services. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
bycats
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Last minute stay was great! Easy checkin with friendly smiles. Restaurant/Bar was exceptional, the food and drinks were great. The server was spot on! Left well rested and know where we will stay if ever in the area again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bycats
Thanks for the great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Westin and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!