“Awesome hotel!”

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Flew into BWI to attend an O's-Card's game to celebrate my brother's bachelor party weekend. Had made reservations here and requested an early check-in

Arrived at BWI and called for the Westin airport shuttle - arrived about 15 minutes later and picked me up right outside Door 15. Quick ride to the hotel and I was there a little before noon.

Attempted to check in but the gentleman at the front desk said there was a waiting list, even though I had requested early check-in so I went to went to Luminous, the hotel restaurant and had an enjoyable lunch. Went back to the front desk about an hour later and spoke with another person who recognized me as an SPG member who had requested early check-in, made a phone call and a room was made available.

Went up to room 622 and was immediately pleased with what I had seen. Room was very nicely decorated, spotless and quite large! Complimentary bottles of water, the usual coffee maker, a fridge, flat screen LG TV and comfy king sized bed along with a desk and lounge chair. Bathroom was the same - big and spotless with tons of complimentary amenites - shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion mouthwash and a couple bars of soap. Plenty of fluffy towels, too!

Freshened up and asked for the shuttle to return me to the airport to catch the light rail into the city but met up with a friendly couple who offered me a ride to Camden Yard.

Returned to the hotel close to midnite - shared a cab back with some friends staying next door at the Sheraton so I cannot say how the return via light rail and hotel shuttle would be at the late hour. Was pleased that the room was quiet and the temperature as expected where I had set it. Enjoyed a wonderful nite's sleep.

The next morning I checked out and got in line with a couple of other people headed to BWI. Shuttle quickly got us to the airport and I was on my way home!

Although I did not spend as much time in the hotel as I would have liked to, what time I did spend, was totally enjoyable. The staff was very pleasant and the room totally met, and in some ways, exceeded my expectations. While it was a little ways from Baltimore and the Inner Harbor, I would not hesitate staying here again!

Room Tip: Definitely join the SPG club!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Jayquin B, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with our convenient shuttle service, a delicious meal in Luminous and quiet, well-appointed rooms! On behalf of the entire staff, we congratulate your brother's future wedding! It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to the Westin BWI for your future trips to the Baltimore/Washington area.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

In June, we stayed at the BWI Marriott. Big disappointment starting with the registration and ending with mediocre restaurants, at best. Stayed at the Westin this month. Big difference. Nicer room, local restaurant shuttle service, and a very nice restaurant located in the hotel. Overall a much better experience than at the Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Ron,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed a superior experience with us here at the Westin BWI, and that you had the opportunity to utilize several of the property's amenities during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back during your future visits to the Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We’ve stayed at the Westin BWI a few times, without complaint, but also without cause for accolade. Until this last trip. John at the front desk was very busy. We thought for sure we’d have a wait and a lot of interruptions during our check-in process. We couldn’t have been more wrong. John hung up the phone and turned and devoted his entire attention and focus to us. He was patient, obliging, helpful and attentive. We are not a fan of the layout of this hotel – it’s hard to predict whether or not you will have a quiet room, but all the rooms are very clean and crisp (everything you should expect from the best Westin’s) and parking is plentiful. We are in Maryland a lot and usually stay in Annapolis, but with staff like John, you can bet we will be back to BWI much more often.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We are very happy knowing we exceeded our guest's expectations with our responsive staff and well-appointed rooms. Be assured we will personally recognize John for providing his guests with the world class service that Westin has become known for! We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Maryland!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Not an impressionable staff, although the cafe employee was great as well as the bell person at check-in (after he had to be located). bad experience with slow airport shuttle. this is not what we are accustomed to at a Westin.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide a candid and specific review for your trip. I am sorry to hear that we missed the mark during your recent stay with us, and I have corresponded with the necessary departments to further refine and improve guest service so we may continue to deliver stellar service to all of our guests. We hope you stay with us again when you are in the Baltimore/Washington area.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Arrived at the hotel around 9p and was cheerfully informed that as a SPG Plat I was upgraded to the Executive Club Level (Yeah!! No . . .) and in the next breath told the lounge was closed on the weekends. However,I was given a coupon for a free appetizer at the restaurant and free breakfast the next morning. Ok-- not the lounge but I appreciate the tough that went into it. The staff is very friendly and cheerful-- rare for an airport hotel. The room was a typical airport hotel room with the tub/shower combo and the place is decked out in heavenly this and that as only Westin can do. Bed was very comfortable but the walls are rather thin since i heard the conversations in the next room with little problem-- unfortunately nothing interesting. The hotel caters to flight crews so there must be quiet, dark rooms somewhere. Had a drink and appetizer at the bar-- pleasant but slow service . . . I mean S L O W . . . slow. It was a Friday night and there were 6 people at the bar and perhaps 4 in the restaurant. All in all a comfortable visit and I'd stay again although when the lounge is open.

Room Tip: Ask for the end of the hallway . . . corner or end rooms must be more quiet than the one I was in.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoy our well-appointed rooms and friendly staff. Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with the necessary departments to further improve our skills so we may continue to execute the world class service Westin has become known for. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay to Baltimore.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

After a long travel day on Friday 7/25 I found a very favorable rate on hotels.com for the Westin BWI. Upon arrival I was welcomed by the charming night auditor (Adrian?) and he quoted me the hotel rate for the evening. When I asked for the hotels.com rate, he kindly explained that he could not book that rate, but that if I chose to book it online via hotels.com, it might take a few minutes for the fax or email to confirm payment. I made the reservation online, showed my confo on my phone, and we waited. After about ten minutes he Very Kindly offered to check me in immediately so I would not have to wait, and if there was a problem he would contact me. This was extraordinary service and I was impressed.

The following morning I awoke to find my guest folio with the higher rate charged to the credit card that was used to guarantee incidentals. At check out, I approached the desk and inquired with the front desk supervisor Patricia. After a little investigation we determined that because I had arrived at 12:03am, the booking had been made for the following day Saturday.

Patricia explained I would have to take this up with hotels.com and she could not fix the problem. After a very long arduous debate, I suggested that since she was guaranteed payment through hotels.com, she might consider crediting my credit card for the incorrect charge. She went on to explain how much work she would have to do and that she wasn't arguing with me, she just couldn't get her head around the solution. Finally, she allowed me to leave and promised she would find a solution. About an hour later, the other (very kind) clerk at the desk left me a VM stating the charge would be reversed.

It was frustrating that Patricia's problem became my problem.

And it was an unfortunate way to end the experience.

The room itself was lovely and impeccably clean. The bathroom was a little tired, with a droopy shower rod and a couple other small details, but again, squeaky clean. The location is a little farther off the interstate than competitors, but the rate was great and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Jayquin B, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we missed the mark on your recent stay. Providing each and every guest with a professional and efficient experience is something we take very seriously. We absolutely use your feedback to further improve and refine our service levels. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Started off on the wrong on foot. Showed up at 4:30 and even though check in time was 3:00 the room was not ready. Hotel was quiet so I can only assume they have to do more with less help. Waited 30 min for the room, which as a SPG plat is not acceptable.
The room was nice enough probably in the midrange for the Westin brand. Beds were comfortable and showers just fine. The club lounge was a little underwhelming in the evening for its offerings, but did a better job in the morning. The fitness centre was very good and also quiet. Shuttle pickup service was prompt. Not really too much around but the shuttle will take you to local food joints.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding stay. We are disappointed to hear we did not fully meet your expectations on your last visit. We value your feedback as we work to become a better hotel. We certainly hope you will join us again and thank you again for your candid observations.