All reviews heavenly bed front desk club floor starbucks coffee inner harbor very nice hotel restaurant staff business traveler workout room crab cakes fitness center indoor pool business center free shuttle the shuttle driver aston baltimore
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Quick shuttle ride to hotel from airport was a nice (driver, Deneje, was awesome)! The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Was there for a two-day training and meeting rooms were comfortable too. Lunch service was good. Only concern was front desk seemed understaffed and "disconnected" from myself and others who approached the desk, but was not disappointed in overall service.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Jeff M, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I genuinely appreciate your front desk comments, we will certainly use it for coaching and improvement. Have a terrific rest of your weekend.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

As a flight attendant we stay in a lot of hotels, but Brian and Ebony really showed us service. After a 14 hour day at work, we were exhausted and mentioned the robes here. They immediately got 3 for us and were so friendly and prompt! They made us feel welcome and comfortable! They really put a friendly end to a long day!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jeff M, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Good morning Lexilee, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experiences. Brian our new Front office manager and Ebony our front office superagent will also be delighted to hear of your feedback.

Looking forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 20 July 2018

was there on a Sat & Sun - the only down side was that the club was not
fully open on Sat night (Small issue). Room was clean and supported. uUsing the
mobile app.to check in and out makes for a seamless process. If you need a hotel close to
BWI this property works well. Rated as avg. for a Westin, would be rated higher for other properties.

Date of stay: July 2018
Keith , Assistant General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear IFD50005-

Thank you for your most recent stay and review at the Westin BWI. As mentioning we are close to the BWI airport and housekeeping team does a great job to ensure that all the guests rooms are clean and maintained. Our, club lounge over the weekends are closed currently however you have the opportunity of great benefits using the restaurant in the hotel lobby for your evening d’oeuvres and our full breakfast buffet in the mornings when booking. Yet, we are reviewing to offer the level of service with opening our club lounge 7 days a week. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you during your next visit.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

For years this has been my go-to hotel when visiting BWI for work. Over the last few years, this hotel has transformed from a great business hotel to one that I may not return to on my next visit. The facilities are in need of updating, and the staff, well, definitely needs improving. I know there has been a recent ownership/management change and it shows, unfortunately, very negatively. The staff is far less professional. Previously, when checking in, the front desk clerks would review their computer and identify me by name as a Platinum member, thanking me for my loyalty, offering me my Platinum "gift" etc. During my last stay, it was like the front desk folks were from the Motel 6 or the Holiday Inn Express. Seriously, a lack of professionalism that was once common at this hotel. The same can be said for the bar staff. Completely unprofessional. The only positive comment I can say is the young man working in the concierge lounge on the 7th floor was outstanding. Very polite and professional.
Get it together Westin BWI. Until you do, I will be moving over to the BWI Marriott.

Room tip: Pick another hotel
1  Thank Traveling_Man_1638
Jeff M, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear sir:

Thank you for taking the time to visit TripAdvisor to write about your most recent stay with our hotel. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience we might have caused you. "Friends" of our hotel such as you help us to evaluate our offerings and improve. Your comments are very valuable in achieving the desirable outcome for us. I would love to talk to you directly via phone or email in order to get more details from you and to also explain to you that your comments are very important to us and how us as a new management are in the process of elevating the culture to make sure dear guests to us like you will continue calling this hotel their home away from home. My direct office number is 4435772727 and email address is jeff.makhlouf@westinbwi.com.

Have a great week!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

My experience with this hotel was sub-par. After a long day, I walked into the hotel to check-in after 10pm and there was no one at the front desk for more than 7 minutes. Hotel personnel were walking around saying the front desk person would be back shortly but they could not check people in and there was a small line forming in back of me. No worries, it was late. (This was a Tuesday evening.)

Fast forward, I was then told by the front desk person that the hotel overbooked itself that evening and the only rooms left were ones with a queen or double bed and there was no recourse. (I specifically paid for a room with a king-sized bed.) She tried to be pleasant and professional but I could tell she was annoyed that I seemed put-off by the overbooking. It was late and I think we were both tired.

On a positive note, the hotel lobby was large and beautifully decorated. The room itself was clean and adequately spaced. I've been in city hotel rooms where you feel like you just checked into a closet and this one was decent. The sheets were not soft and the bed felt rigid but for a single night stay, it would do.

In retrospect, I would try and find another hotel in the area. You're taking a chance with this one.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jeff M, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hello Katie:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your most recent experience at the Westin BWI. First, please allow me to apologize on behalf of the whole team and especially the front office on what took place. Would you mind contacting me directly at 443-577-2727 or via email at jeff.makhlouf@westinbwi.com as I would like to get some more details on what took place and also explain to you that what happened does not represent our Westin Culture. Our hotel is the area's best brand and one of the newest hotels. Would love to chat with you a little more.

Thank you so much!