All reviews heavenly bed front desk club floor room service inner harbor very nice hotel baltimore washington airport business traveler restaurant staff workout room camden yards late check fitness center night's sleep crab cakes business center indoor pool
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Stay Report - 8/17 - 8/18

Location: The hotel is located next to the Sheraton BWI in a strange area northwest of the airport.  It's in a valley between I-195 and MD-295 but there's no direct access to either highway so any drive around here requires a lot of twists and turns on local roads, some of which are badly lit and prone to flooding.  On the plus side it's a relatively easy drive to BWI and you can walk about a half mile to some chain eateries and a movie theater.

Hotel: I'm used to the Sheraton BWI and was pleased to find this hotel is a big step up from it (and I consider the Sheraton pretty good).  There's a really gorgeous lobby, decent sized bar and restaurant and meeting space in the lobby.  Plenty of parking (free) is nearby and there's also a club lounge on the 7th floor.

Check In: We arrived on the last day of independent SPG operations and chatted about the merger with the staff.  Despite being just SPG Gold they upgraded us to the Club level, gave us two free appetizer coupons for the bar and offered us breakfast.  It was really nice.

Room: Overall pretty nice.  The beds were comfortable, there was a lot of space and a full closet and the wifi worked well.  However, the bathroom wasn't really up to Westin standards with a pretty shabby tub retrofitted with a newer style shower head.  The grout was also coming off it.

Lounge: No hot food is out on Friday nights but they had snack mix, candy, cookies, chips, pretzels, soda and water and it's a pleasant space.

My rate was $140 and I'd be back, of the half dozen or so BWI hotels I've been to it's definitely the nicest bathrooms aside. `

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jeff M, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Good morning!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write in detail about our hotel! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you now consider us to be your home away from home when in the BWI area. Our hotel's location is definitely unique in the fact it is nestled in tons of greenery and our beautiful landscaping adds to that. When using GPS apps, they would lead you through some of the back roads you mentioned, there is however a more direct well lit and well travelled road that leads straight into the hotel. Thank you for the feedback on the tubs and closets, GOOD news there; we are getting full renovations later on this year, so the hotel you loved will be even nicer!!

Thank you again for your review, please come back and see us ASAP!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Very nice for an airport hotel. Beautiful décor, friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfy rooms. The infused water in the lobby area is very refreshing when checking in on a hot summer day. Love, love, love the shower and plush, heavenly bed. A warm shower after a long day out and about, topped off with a rub of lavender balm to the temples and wrists makes for a very relaxing, pleasant night's sleep. I made use of the workout room while the family enjoyed the pool..

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Jeff M, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Good morning Tanea:

Thank you so much for this amazing review. Nothing in this world makes us prouder than feedback such as yours. I am delighted to hear that yourself and the family enjoyed your stay and time here at the hotel. Please come back to see us as soon as you can!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I had an unexpected layover, not at the airlines fault, in BWI and chose to stay in the Westin Hotel.
Everything was as I would expect it for such a hotel. The staff was nice and professional, even gave some advices where I could go for dining out. Instead of driving I walked the 3/4 of a mile and found several locations as explained. I made sure, the local restaurant staff knew how I learned about their restaurant.
This hotel has an indoor pool, a workout area, and offers a variety of different things to accommodate your stay. Would I spend another night there? Well, whenever the opportunity comes I wouldn’t mind at all!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Jeff M, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Good morning Mr. Thomas:

Thank you for taking the time to come back on here and write about your experience!! It is very much appreciated! While I don't want any of your future travel plans disrupted, I certainly would hope to see you stay with us again!!

Safe travels.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Gave up the only stay at Marriott points monster and have branched out to others including Hilton Hotels (Hilton Garden Inn my new favorite for work travel). This was the first time I stayed at a Westin in a long time - my mistake.

BWI Hotel is spotless and up-scale from the front to the restaurant and rooms. Friendly staff at desk and restaurant and food/service was pretty good too.

Only stayed one night and slept like a log in the nice newer bed.

Interacted with more staff in this hotel than any other given my short visit. BWI flight was cancelled and front desk (knowing that) had a little bag of toiletries waiting for me. GREAT service all around.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Jeff M, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Welcome to the best hotel at BWI. We are so happy you stayed with us and that you enjoyed your stay and amenities. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

This is my regular, first choice airport hotel at BWI. Staffa re friendly, wait staff always give me a hug. Restaurant, especially the breakfast is great. Rooms are well designed. Beds are comfortable and "heavenly."

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Jeff M, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear lanhamumc:

Thanks a million for this amazing review of our hotel! On behalf of your family here at the BWI Westin, thank you thank you thank you!!!! If you should ever need anything while here please do not hesitate to reach out directly to me!