“Excellent service very nice accomodations”

BWI Airport Marriott
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Wonderful accommodations at this hotel. Lovely rooms, great staff, really nice hotel, very comfortable. I have no complaints and really recommend this hotel to anyone passing by. Plenty of parking, great bar with great bartender. Starbucks coffee in the morning. Rooms are quiet and clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sofijb

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Marriott has done a nice job of updating, but the sports bar s the only dining option in the hotel. There are other restaurants close by, but without a car, they're a decent walk away.

The rooms are fresh and new. I had access to the concierge level. The food was "OK". I travel internationally and was surprised that I had to pay for drinks. Used to drinks being complementary.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This hotel is what you would expect from Mariott. The property was clean, well-maintained, and the staff was helpful. We stayed here using their Park N Fly package prior to flying out of BWI. The shuttle was convenient and didn't seem to add much to the cost. Please note you need to book the park and Fly as they have a specific rate that includes a week of parking. The Mariott is the last hotel on the route, which is shared with several other hotels. The property is the first stop on the way back, While the parking is all outside, the lot was well-lit and I was comfortable leaving my car there for the duration of our travel.

The room was modern and typical of our last several Mariott stays. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vucat
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stay: May 18 - May 20, 2012
Group: Three in room 810, 20 - 25 ladies overall
Reason for stay: Craft retreat

I recently stayed here with some American friends for a crafting retreat. We were given the Maryland room to host our classes and sessions and most everyone in our group were given rooms on the 8th floor, I believe at a discounted, group rate.

The hotel is very nice. The lobby is big, bright and shiny, it offers a restaurant and a pool and conference facilities, but that's pretty much it. For the amount that we paid, there was only free wi-fi in the lobby and that was so touch and go that I wasn't able to connect at all while we were there. The stay also did not include free breakfast and we were given a breakfast menu and I was kind of shocked to see that a continental breakfast of coffee/tea and "assorted pastries" was over $10. Though from what I could tell, the parking was free.

Overall, I don't have too much to say about this stay since I didn't plan it and kind of just showed up for the retreat. The staff provided our group with a lot of water for our sessions. We had called the hotel ahead of time and requested a rollaway bed. When we arrived at our room, it wasn't there and after we called down to request it again, it arrived 45 minutes later.

When we arrived, the hotel was hosting highschool proms for both the Friday night and Saturday night and my one friend who is an early riser commented that when she went down, the lobby was filthy though by the time I got there, it seemed to have been cleaned up.

I wouldn't recommend this property for people just needing a place to stay for an overnight, if you're flying out, etc. Especially if you're looking for something convenient with dependable internet access and breakfast before you head off again. As it is around the airport, there are plenty of other properties around the area that you could find a place to stay that could meet your needs if these are things that are important to you or required.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I had to attend a 5 day training at another property that was not full service. After looking at trip advisor and comments about Marriott BWI I was a bit nervous about the property.

From the moment I arrived until the moment I left it was great service, clean room, great food.

The price point for this property is around $275-$300 and that is what you get. If you want a $900 price point then this is not a property for you. If you want a $125 price point this is not the property for you.

This was my first stay at a Marriott as I tend to be a hotel "snob". I would not hesitate to stay at a Marriott again.

Room Tip: Stay on the 10th floor, request room on front side of hotel as back side faces airport and a bit lou...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Although I asked for a higher floor when making a reservation, at time of check in I was given a lower floor. Room was nice and clean, nice king bed, being close to the elevator was not as bothersome as I thought. In room dining was prompt and fresh.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Luvsmyhotels
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Needed a night in the Baltimore area last weekend. Originally I booked the Fairfield Inn downtown using a free stay certificate. Long story short..too much traffic coupled with too many one-way streets, the inability to see the driveway before I passed it, and then it being totally full on second and third tries, I called Marriott Reservations from the car and changed to BWI Airport Marriott.

Room was ready at about 11:30 or so. They call it a parlor room, but in actuality it was a large, corner king with a sofa and chair. (In my ex-Marriott associate world, our parlor rooms had murphy beds, but i digress.)

No toiletries present and there were accessible outlets other than near the desk. The ONE plug near the bed was BEHIND and I wasn't about to dig to reach it. Lamps are NOT the ones with plugs on the bases. Lots of popcorn behind sofa. Called housekeeping to get that fixed.

Asked for an extension cord, got one about 2 feet long....I said that wasn't long enough so he did get me another. (Had no intention of sitting at the desk.)

As for meals, I tried to eat in the lobby lounge, could not get waited on. Moved to restaurant and was seated in a lousy area (i was the ONLY person there...with at least 3 servers standing around...) Server made excuses and said the bartender in the lobby was too busy to take orders from lobby lounge tables because "all the teenagers are ordering coffee?":rolleyes:

Finally, I walked out of there into Champions, the sports bar at the hotel. It was slightly dirty-needs a thorough dusting and vacuuming. Basic bar food is hard to foul up so there no issue until I asked for the check...which was presented withOUT a pen to sign.

They actually did turndown...at least they closed the drapes and straightened the bed as opposed to a random fling of chocolates. I tried to sleep-took FOUR hours to finally get to sleep, around 2:30 in the morning! This was THE WORST bed ever in 1100 nights in Marriott-branded properties. Too soft and too hard at the same time.(I describe it as putting a feather bed topper over a couple of speed bumps. The mattress in that room needs to be flipped or, more likely, thrown away. I wound up sleeping at the foot, parallel to the headboard for about 4 hours, in 20 minute increments.

Before retiring, I ordered a continental breakfast with a "basket of assorted breakfast pastries.." When it arrived, the coffee, juice and milk were there along with..... TWO SLICES OF WHITE TOAST! That's all...I asked the server..she said "this is what they gave me..." I sent it back, called the MOD and wound up with the proper items.

The stay was a disaster. Had any of those things happened on their own, it would not have been so terrible. The hotel needs a redo, the room was NOT cleaned properly at the outset and it's tired and worn (though I have been in worse places.) A few of the staff are nice, but several of them need more training...actually the whole place probably needs a refresher course in customer service.....I got a lot of blank stares and "I don't knows..." or, from the room service person who delivered my food..."that's what they gave me.." HUH? Servers need to KNOW the menu...and make sure the order is CORRECT before leaving the kitchen. There is NO excuse....

Will most likely NOT return....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo