“Fine Hotel For Airport”

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Falls Church, Virginia
“Fine Hotel For Airport”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I recently stayed here the night before a very early flight and found it quite pleasant. The room was nice and the free shuttle to the airport a bonus. The price included 7 days of keeping my car there, and the extra days were only $5/day. And when my flight was delayed they were happy to keep the car an extra day with no additional charge.

One of my few complaints, which seems general to Marriott, is that there is only one bar of soap in the bathroom. So if you prefer soap to body wash in the shower, you need to keep moving the bar from sink to shower and back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Ejeffrey,

It makes us happy to learn that your quick, overnight stay at our hotel was a positive one. We are glad you took advantage of our "Park, Stay and Fly" package and that we were able to accommodate you when you returned later than expected. Our housekeeping staff is always eager to please, so requests for extra toiletries are quickly filled, if asked for. We hope next time you are flying, we can welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the BWI Airport Marriott, July 14-16, 2014 while attending a work conference. First, I was most impressed with the friendliness of the desk staff and the speed and accuracy of my check-in. Check-in may have taken 3 minutes and all of my reservation information was well in order at that time. I continued to be most impressed with the friendliness of all of the hotel's staff during my stay. I visited the indoor swimming pool to find that there was a lifeguard on duty. This impressed me as well because this was the first hotel I have ever visited where one was present. I was disappointed to find the adjacent hot tub "out of order" for my entire stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable and I can offer no reason for complaint. Check-out was as effortless as check-in and a very nice gentleman was positioned at the front door to say goodbye and to ask if everything was ok with my stay. My only complaint... if even a complaint? Make sure you bring your credit card or lots of cash. Hotels of this type, in general, are designed to be fund extraction devices and they accomplish that task very well. Food and beverage service can be the most expensive... $2.50 for a Coke or $12.00 + service charge + tax for a room service cheeseburger. I took about $20.00, went to a near-by Wal-Mart, and bought groceries for the week. Absent our work conference, I would have stayed at a more moderately priced hotel. But hey, the company took care of this bill!

1 Thank Ken S
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Ken S,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel while staying for a conference. We are glad both your check-in and check-out were quick and effortless and that you found our staff so friendly and helpful. Glad to know your room accommodations were to your liking and that you relaxed a bit and took advantage of our pool area. Keeping our guests safe is a priority and we appreciate you mentioning our lifeguard on duty. We do hope next time in the area, we can welcome you back.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed just this past weekend for 2 nights while we were visiting baltimore. The ride to the inner harbor is not bad, Staff was very nice and I also enjoyed the fitness room. Bed was comfortable as well. If we ever decide to travel back to baltimore, we will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeter1fan89
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Jeter1fan89,

We are happy to hear you had a very nice stay with us while visiting Baltimore. Our staff strives to make guests feel welcome and well cared for and we are glad they were helpful and that you were happy with your room accommodations. We hope to welcome you back when you visit the Baltimore area again.
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The premises were clean. The employees were always polite and helpful. The beds were ok. The other room amenities were good. The prices in the on premises restaurants were high. The free wi-fi was good. The internet was fairly fast. The whirlpool was closed which was a small disappointment. The Starbucks was reasonable. They serve Pepsi products ( a downer).

Room Tip: Check prices, sometimes you can get lower than the conference rate.
Green Features: Fine, this is not important to me because I view as an attempt to cut service (for example- clean towels)
1 Thank JayB1r
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear JayB1r,

Thanks so much for sharing your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate you noting that our staff was polite and helpful and that you were happy with your room accommodations. We hope to welcome you back again one day soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here in March for a work/company event. The grounds were clean. My room was always kept tidy and the service was good. All of our meals were catered using the Marriott and the lunches were always an issue with us having to wait a long time for food to be brought in or replenished. Dinner was much better and actually enjoyable for a hotel catered event.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear SuthnBelle1975,

Thanks so much for sharing your review of our hotel while you were attending meetings in March. We greatly appreciate your noting that your room was to your liking and kept clean and that you found our staff was good. We hope to welcome you back again one day soon!
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Over the past year i have stayed here many time and it has been great. Always make it a point to stay here when i am near BWI and hotel, restaurant, and its staff is great. I would highly recommend. My daughter has the chance to use the pool facility as well and had a great experience.

Stayed July 2014
Dear David C,

Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel when you are in the area. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stays with us and that you and your family have been able to enjoy the pool area when you are here. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Bohemia, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I travel a lot through the year and I was extremely disappointed in the BWI Marriott. This was my first time here with my family. The room was not clean at all and the bathroom was disgusting. We called for extra towels and they never came. The beds were extremely small and uncomfortable. The hotel needs to be remodel. We stayed down the road at the Towne Place Suites by Marriott I loved it a much better choice

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear deetravel25,

Clearly, we did not live up to your expectations regarding Marriott's high standards of hospitality and room accommodations and for that we do apologize. We do try to ensure that the room is clean and that any possible service request is responded to immediately. We fell down in this regard during your stay and we will be discussing this review with our housekeeping department to ensure that this does not happen again. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues that you experienced and we are going to work hard to ensure that they do not occur again.