“Exceeded my expectations”

Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Carmel, Indiana
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

After visiting Chestertown for a week, I had an early flight out and decided to come in to the city and play tourist for a day and save a long trip to the airport. The photo makes the hotel look kind of dated and industrial. Once inside it is anything but.

The parking was easy in the large FREE lot. The lobby was beautiful. There was an attractive bar, computers to use in two places and one computer dedicated to checking in for flights and printing boarding passes. When you fly Southwest, you want to get your boarding pass ASAP!

Check in was easy and all of those working at and around the desk were personable and professional. The room was large and clean. I have to say that I didn't expect the level of cleanliness that was there. The bath products were upscale and enjoyable to use. The housekeeper always smiled and said "hello". The room was updated, The bed was so fluffy that I never wanted to leave. The large, flat screen TV worked well. The room included an occasional chair with an ottoman and a desk and chair. Very convenient was a power strip that allowed about every possible connection to the TV and a great place for charging devices.

If you don't wish to leave the property, there is a Champs without going outside. I think the bar has limited food, too, but I didn't eat there, so I am not sure. There is a pool and workout room in the hotel, but I didn't see either one. They sounded quite good!

There's an outlet/regular mall not far (15 minutes?) with all of the chain restaurants and even a casino.

I turned in my rental car the night before departure and ordered up the shuttle and within 15 minutes it whisked me back to the hotel The next morning, the shuttle arrived by 6:10 as I was promised and off we went to the airport.

This is a terrific hotel for a pretty standard price. I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CarmelKinesic
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Carmelkinesic,

We are thrilled to hear you had a terrific overnight stay with us. Thank you for mentioning that you were so happy with all of your room accommodations, the convenient location and that our shuttle was very convenient and timely for you. We do look forward to welcoming you back again when you travel to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Bermuda
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight at the BWI Airport Marriott in June. Very nice hotel, clean, nice large rooms, quiet and a nice large bathroom with a glass enclosed shower (no tub).

The staff at this hotel were excellent. Upon our arrival, unfortunately, I caught my finger in the car door and needless to say, it was very painful and bleeding. I went to the front desk to ask for some ice (I hadn't checked in yet). The girl at reception immediately called security who came to my rescue with a spray medicine, bandaids and checked to see if I needed the hospital. Meantime the front desk girl went and brought me a bag of ice. Thankfully, I did not need the hospital but the staff were very efficient and caring - they were terrific.

We had dinner that night at their sports bar. The food was typical but very good and I felt that the prices were good as well.

For an airport hotel, my experience their was great. I will continue to stay at this hotel on my trips to Baltimore.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank DorannBermuda
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear DorannBermuda,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It makes us happy to hear that you had a great overnight stay with us and that your accommodations were to your liking. We are thrilled to hear that our staff was quick to come to your rescue and help take care of your injured finger. We will be sure to pass-on how much you appreciated how caring and concerned everyone was. We do hope next time you are in the area you will stay with us again.
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I recently stayed here the night before a very early flight and found it quite pleasant. The room was nice and the free shuttle to the airport a bonus. The price included 7 days of keeping my car there, and the extra days were only $5/day. And when my flight was delayed they were happy to keep the car an extra day with no additional charge.

One of my few complaints, which seems general to Marriott, is that there is only one bar of soap in the bathroom. So if you prefer soap to body wash in the shower, you need to keep moving the bar from sink to shower and back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Ejeffrey,

It makes us happy to learn that your quick, overnight stay at our hotel was a positive one. We are glad you took advantage of our "Park, Stay and Fly" package and that we were able to accommodate you when you returned later than expected. Our housekeeping staff is always eager to please, so requests for extra toiletries are quickly filled, if asked for. We hope next time you are flying, we can welcoming you back.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the BWI Airport Marriott, July 14-16, 2014 while attending a work conference. First, I was most impressed with the friendliness of the desk staff and the speed and accuracy of my check-in. Check-in may have taken 3 minutes and all of my reservation information was well in order at that time. I continued to be most impressed with the friendliness of all of the hotel's staff during my stay. I visited the indoor swimming pool to find that there was a lifeguard on duty. This impressed me as well because this was the first hotel I have ever visited where one was present. I was disappointed to find the adjacent hot tub "out of order" for my entire stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable and I can offer no reason for complaint. Check-out was as effortless as check-in and a very nice gentleman was positioned at the front door to say goodbye and to ask if everything was ok with my stay. My only complaint... if even a complaint? Make sure you bring your credit card or lots of cash. Hotels of this type, in general, are designed to be fund extraction devices and they accomplish that task very well. Food and beverage service can be the most expensive... $2.50 for a Coke or $12.00 + service charge + tax for a room service cheeseburger. I took about $20.00, went to a near-by Wal-Mart, and bought groceries for the week. Absent our work conference, I would have stayed at a more moderately priced hotel. But hey, the company took care of this bill!

1 Thank Ken S
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Ken S,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel while staying for a conference. We are glad both your check-in and check-out were quick and effortless and that you found our staff so friendly and helpful. Glad to know your room accommodations were to your liking and that you relaxed a bit and took advantage of our pool area. Keeping our guests safe is a priority and we appreciate you mentioning our lifeguard on duty. We do hope next time in the area, we can welcome you back.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed just this past weekend for 2 nights while we were visiting baltimore. The ride to the inner harbor is not bad, Staff was very nice and I also enjoyed the fitness room. Bed was comfortable as well. If we ever decide to travel back to baltimore, we will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeter1fan89
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Jeter1fan89,

We are happy to hear you had a very nice stay with us while visiting Baltimore. Our staff strives to make guests feel welcome and well cared for and we are glad they were helpful and that you were happy with your room accommodations. We hope to welcome you back when you visit the Baltimore area again.
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The premises were clean. The employees were always polite and helpful. The beds were ok. The other room amenities were good. The prices in the on premises restaurants were high. The free wi-fi was good. The internet was fairly fast. The whirlpool was closed which was a small disappointment. The Starbucks was reasonable. They serve Pepsi products ( a downer).

Room Tip: Check prices, sometimes you can get lower than the conference rate.
Green Features: Fine, this is not important to me because I view as an attempt to cut service (for example- clean towels)
1 Thank JayB1r
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear JayB1r,

Thanks so much for sharing your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate you noting that our staff was polite and helpful and that you were happy with your room accommodations. We hope to welcome you back again one day soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here in March for a work/company event. The grounds were clean. My room was always kept tidy and the service was good. All of our meals were catered using the Marriott and the lunches were always an issue with us having to wait a long time for food to be brought in or replenished. Dinner was much better and actually enjoyable for a hotel catered event.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Willie W, General Manager at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear SuthnBelle1975,

Thanks so much for sharing your review of our hotel while you were attending meetings in March. We greatly appreciate your noting that your room was to your liking and kept clean and that you found our staff was good. We hope to welcome you back again one day soon!