“Can't go wrong here”

BWI Airport Marriott
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 29 August 2005

Just returned from a quick weekend in Baltimore for a trip to Camden Yards and an Orioles Game. We arrived at BWI at approximately 6:45pm on Saturday, and were in the shuttle on the way to the hotel by 7:10pm (no checked luggage), arriving at the hotel in less than 10 minutes. Check in was flawless, the room clean, bright, and comfortable. We used the shuttle several times back and forth to the light rail station (public transportation) and the drivers were all very pleasant, especially Jay, who went out of his way to answer any questions we had.
Very happy with the overall experience. The hotel was everything you would expect, the Champions Restaurant in the lobby was great, and overall was a great few days. We even booked through Priceline, got a great deal (50% off quoted rate). Would have liked to have stayed longer.
Can't go wrong at the Marriott.

6  Thank Chiefy

Reviewed 14 June 2005

Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel, although we were only there for a quick overnight. The only down side was the shuttle from the airport. We landed around 9:40PM, had only carry on luggage, walked to the courtesy phone and called. They told us to stand at the second curb and wave down the bus. What a nightmare! There are cars, rental car busses, park and fly busses and hotel busses, all trying for the same "curb"
Admittedly, there did seem to be an awful lot of traffic! The bus finally came by and we were able to flag it down. After picking us up it stopped a little further down and ended up picking up the flight crew that was on our plane. Then it headed to the hotel, but stopped at the Fairfield first, (where the flight crew got off) then drove to the MArriot. All in all, we left the gate at 9:40 and it was 10:30 before we were at the desk checking in. I might have been willing to pay $5 for a cab had I known how long it was going to take. (and the cab's you could catch at the "first" curb, much less crowded)

A big plus was that there's a Champions Restaurant there which was open serving food and drink until 12:30. My daughter was starved so this was great as it saved us a room service bill. She wants to go back to use the pool, It looked great!

4  Thank Anne H
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 21 March 2005

I stayed at the BWI Airport Marriott for a three day business meeting in March 2005. The BWI Airport Marriott is located within 2 miles of the Baltimore airport in a boring industrial/commercial area. The building itself is nice and well maintained yet bland. It does contain a restaurant, a bar, and a small convenience store, but the prices are very high. Since the location is relatively isolated, not many other restaurants are within easy walking distance, which could be a problem for people without cars. The hotel also contains a nice pool and a very nice exercise room, which are good for people who like to exercise when they travel.

The rooms of the hotel are nicely furnished and quiet. Much of the furniture and decor is up-to-date. The bathrooms are very spatious and have ample counter space. The rooms do have wireless and wired internet connections, but access costs extra. Although noise from outside the hotel does not penetrate into the hotel room, noise does travel from the hallway and the adjacent rooms.

The conference facilities are very good. The conference space consists of multiple large rooms that can be subdivided. The furniture provided for the meeting and for dining was good. The hotel staff worked hard to provide electrical outlets and wired/wireless connectivity, but the wireless network was sometimes (frustratingly) unreliable. The catered food provided for the conference was excellent; I had not eaten better food anywhere else that month.

In conclusion, I would recommend this hotel for large business meetings, but it seems a bit too expensive for the economy traveler who needs a place to stay overnight near the BWI airport, and it is an incredibly bland location that should be avoided by vacationers.

• Stayed: March 2005, travelled on business
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 March 2005

We (3 familes) did a park & fly deal there in February 2005 before heading to Cancun. I was a little concerned after reading the reviews here, but we were very happy. The hotel appeared to be recently renovated and the rooms were beautiful. The shuttle service to the airport at 4 AM worked out fine, although we had trouble coming back because the shuttle was full by the time it reached us at the international terminal.
We spent the evening before our flight by the pool so the kids could swim. The pool and hot tubs were very nice. There were tables by the pool so we brought in carry-out and coolers and had a grand time. Thinking this may be a nice place to get away for a weekend next Feb if we don't do Cancun again!

5  Thank Sofarsogood
Reviewed 22 February 2005

Just returned from a two night weekend stay at the BWI Marriott on a priceline bid of $50 per night plus fees or about $60 per night. It was well worth it. Last November for the same priceline bid I stayed at the BWI Amerisuites and it was NOT worth it.
At checkin I showed my Marriott Rewards card and asked for an upper floor room with king bed. I was given room 815. Though it didn't have much of a view, the room was nicely decorated and super clean. Sound proofing was amazing even with little children in nearby rooms. The fitness center and pool are great and the lobby is an eye catcher. Shuttle service to BWI is efficent and on time.
The only glitch was on my final night guests received notice that all water would be turned off from midnight until 5 am for emergency repairs. Since I needed to catch a 5 am shuttle to the airport, I called guest services and asked what I should do about showering, shaving, brushing teeth and using the toilet between 4 am and 5am. The guest services person couldn't think of anything. Using my old boy scout training, I was able to figure out a way but was dissapointed that guest services hadn't anticipated this situation.

6  Thank SalemTraveler
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 5 June 2004

This is a standard Marriott Hotel at an airport location, meaning nothing special, but not bad. A five minute or less ride from the terminals, it is very convenient, although the Baltimore airport (BWI) has been undergoing renovation for ever with no end in sight and the congestion at the shuttle van area is the worst I've seen at any airport in the world. I'd advise calling the hotel to assure that the shuttle will be on the lookout for you. Once you've arrived, staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are corporate Marriott, a bit worn as at most airport hotels, but clean and completely functional. Standard restaurant, meeting rooms, etc. Great for business, early AM flight departures or late PM arrivals, but not for vacations, family trips, or romantic getaways.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 28 April 2004

Made reservations for a non-smoking room, yet
when checked in they gave me a smoking room. I bitterly complained with to no avail. The front desk said they would send someone up to spray, yet after hour half no response. Went to the front desk, and they called someone up. They gave the room three or four squirts, and an ionizer that didn't blow any air. I woke up in the morning with the taste of smoke in my mouth.
The front desk said the reservation just reserves the room, and not a non-smoking room that I requested. She said next time, you have to reserve a non-smoking room. I told her the management, that is what I thought I did.
The food was very high priced with no salad or soup with the dinner. The bread was hard.
Last comment: Worst Hotel that I stayed in my whole life.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member