“Like staying in a hospital”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham BWI Airport Baltimore
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
South Jersey
“Like staying in a hospital”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2009

If you are looking for very cheap accomodations...this hotel will provide a place to lie your head at night. If you are looking for comfort and relaxation, look elsewhere! The walls truly are paper thin. Not only can you hear the room next to you completely clearly, but you can also hear conversations of people two rooms away! Instead of watching TV I would listen to the couple next door argue all night, now that's entertaintment.

The hotel rooms look like a hospital. I stayed in a handicap-accessible room. The walls are bare white, with a a wall-to-wall mirror going across the room in place of a headboard. There are no free-standing lamps on the nightstand, just white formica nightstands. There is a dated, small television that is position at the top corner of the room, just like your typical hospital TV would be positioned. The bathroom is, can you guess it?, white walls and white tiles. Actually, I do think hospitals have more personality than this.

One difference from a hospital to this place is that a hospital would be cleaner. As I entered my room for the first night...immediately upon entering the foyer of my room was a used tissue on the rug....YUUCCK. The linens appeared clean, and the rest of the room was tidies, but not impeccably. There were still spots on the mirrors and it didn't appear that my toiled was cleaned up (I won't even describe that one).

I got a VERY cheap rate for this hotel, but I really would not hope to stay here again. I will mention in the hotel's favor that the breakfast is worthwhile and has more than just a few items.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Oil City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

My son and I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Baltimore for an Orioles / Red Sox game. The location was good -- only 6 miles (or a short light rail train ride) to Camden Yards, lots of nearby restaurants & shopping.

The public areas and rooms are clean -- unbelieveably clean! You could eat off the floor pretty much everywhere. The bed linens and towels were as white as snow -- breakfast area was kept very clean. I've stayed at a couple dozen hotels in the past few years and this is so far and above any other when it comes to cleanliness.

The bed was really comfortable, pillows were great and we slept soundly. We were in a room next to the vending area & stairs -- but we didn't hear a peep at all. We did hear one inconsiderate guest open and slam his door at 7AM one morning, but it was otherwise very quiet.

The free breakfast was very, very good. They have scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juice and the usual assortment of pastries. It was kept well stocked and was much better than average.

One drawback we noticed -- you need a car to go pretty much anywhere. There isn't much (anything?) within walking distance.

The staff was cordial and professional.

We got a tremendous deal from Priceline.com - we paid about a quarter of rack rate - and it was well worth the money. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Jonestown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2009

Very nice and clean hotel. My husband and I stayed two nights and everything was very nice. The staff were very nice. When we arrived on Friday 6/5/09 -- I asked the clerk if their were any cleaners in the area. She went to her computer, found one and printed out the information and directions for me. I thought that this was very helpful and I really appreciated the hospitality. This was an all around great experience and a pleasant stay. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2009

The great things about this hotel are the location (perfect for an early BWI flight and close to good restaurants/movies, etc.), the friendly and helpful staff, the early breakfast (ready at 4:30 AM), the price, and the cleanliness (sheets smelled like bleach). The bad thing is that the wall are super thin and it was really noisy. We recommend bringing ear plugs. My husband was a little put off that the bathtub seemed like it had been refitted and it was cracked and a little mildewed on the edges. It wasn't too terrible. The water was hot and the pressure was good in the shower. Another thing we noticed was that in the shuttle back from the airport (we did the park and ride thing) that the other couples were discussing that they all had different rates for the hotel and parking, and what they said was different from what we had. We booked online and seemed to have the lowest price, but it seems like the price might be negotiable if you call to make a reservation. This was the first time we had stayed here after staying at other nearby hotels in the past to catch early fights. We liked this one the best because of the early breakfast and it was cheapest. There is a rumor that the hotel is under new management and things are changing for the worst. Let's hope not!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
atchison
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2009

Stayed here twice in one week b/c of late arriving flight and early return flight. at BWI. We were headed to D.C. for vacation and stayed in the city the other days. Hotel was perfect for our needs..........very clean, free breakfast, free shuttle to/from airport and also to/from MARC/Amtrack train station. Staff was very polite and helpful. Walls in room are paper thin ....(could hear neighbor "sneeze" twice in the middle of the night). Hotel is not a romantic get away spot, or plush luxury of an InterContinental........but it is much better than what you'd expect to get for the price of the rooms. I would stay there again without hesitation. If a clean, safe, easy access hotel is what you are needing this is your place. Also the Free Wi-Fi was a terrific bonus.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
St. Louis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2009

I stayed from Oct 21 to Feb 7 in this hotel each week 3- 4 nights.
My expectation was budget Hotel,close to work etc.
It served the purpose.Rooms were ok,floor carpet very poor - old and wornout.
I had stayed at other Microtels,were not this ugly.

Bottomline is I was saving money (room rate around 70 - 80$ per night ) and it was close to work.

General Manager - Spencer has been rude from very beginning.I use to avoid him.Other staff members Kattie,Stephnie,Patel - were excellent.

Microtel has free Night Program with Micropass. I must have stayed over 30 nights that makes me eligible for atleast 3 free nights.Now when I called Microtel Customer Service they say the stay do not show up against my Micropass no.
I called the Hotel and I got the same old RUDE MANAGER,he refused to help.First he said micropass program expired(which it hasnt and is valid until Aug 2009).I confirmed and called back,he then said he is not able to find the records with my last name.I should fax the receipts of all stays...

Can you imagine I stayed over 30 nights in same hotel..and this is the treatment I get.
So please beware of Promotions..they are mostly gimmicks...

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Fatnanil
LONGMEADOW
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2009

I was stuck at BWI airport overnight and needed a place to stay. This was an overall ok hotel, priced well, and not to overcrowded.
There were however problems. It was first not renovated. All the rooms were small, the cable tv's were old fashioned barly workable, the beds though were confortable. The problem more
was the smell of smoke. The hotel allows smoking in its rooms.
I noticed alot of bus personal stay there since It's close to the
aiport so they can take the light rail over to work.

They have free breakfast basic food.

• Liked — cheep close to airport, mass transit, park and fly
  • Disliked — smell of smoke in rooms, rooms not renovated to today's standards, little pricey
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ericboston