“Very Clean Basic Motel for a short stay”

Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Normally, I don't stay at 2 star budget hotels as most seem to come with quality issues. This time, I wasn't on business or pleasure, and wanted something inexpensive while renovations being done to my home. The reviews on this site said it was decent, and in fact it was. It's a basic exterior entry type motel with rooms that appear totally renovated. The room was very clean, the bedding appears nearly new and comfy, new flat screen TV, no musty room smells,and it was priced for a person on a budget. No swimming pools or gyms here. I give it 4 stars (very good) because it's clean and met my basic needs for well under $100 per night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Shawn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It makes me very happy to know how pleasantly surprised you were with our newly renovated "Next Gen" rooms. During our renovation we added brand new Serta mattresses, flat screen TV's, vessel sinks and new furniture to give our rooms an updated look that will WOW every guest that stays with Red Roof Inn. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and look forward to serving you in the future!

410-850-7600

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The accommodations are no frills, but the service we received was top notch. The free hotel shuttle makes it worth the stay, on top of the very helpful front desk. We had a rental car, but utilized the shuttle for a ride to and from the Amtrak station. We found the shuttle to be very convenient and reliable. Front desk staff was very friendly and willing to help. If you arrive tired and hungry, there is a great little Italian place within walking distance (recommended by the front desk). The rooms were no frills, but more importantly clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Red Roof Inn! I am so happy to hear about the great service you experienced while staying at our Inn. I know your review will make the entire staff proud and give them the motivation to continue providing excellent guest service for all of our guests! Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn during your travels. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Baltimore!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Yes it was clean, yes the location was good. Tiny bathroom, no fridge (they did have one up at the lobby they let me use then I forgot my excellent restaraunt leftovers when I checked out LOL!), I wish I had spent $10 more and gotten a bit more perhaps even a free breakfast. We stayed there for an Orioles game. I knew at 4:30 pm I'd need another pillow so I called the front desk. When we got back at 11:15pm, there were no extra pillows. I had to call again, received the unhelpful response that the person who had the keys to where the pillows were stored was driving the shuttle to the airport. Around midnight I got the pillows but esp the girl on staff in the lobby at 4:30pm was completely unconcerned about handling my request. Ice machine was awkward to find, upstairs, outside, not great signage.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back corner (not sure about N-S-E-W but the farthest from the lobby, ie on the oppo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Shawn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience of waiting for an extra pillow. I will be sure to address this issue immediately with the front desk.

I would like to apologize for the difficulty in locating our ice machines. We have an ice machine in the vending room behind the front desk and an ice machine in our 3rd floor guest laundry room.

We truly appreciate your business and I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel. The staff was very accomodating. My flight got in at 9am and even though check in isn't until 3 they allowed me to check in early. I also was able to get a later check out on the day I left, due to my flight time. The room was very clean and nice. It was quiet, the bed was comfortable, and everything in the room worked properly. The only negative things about my stay were that the internet was slow and there was food left in the fridge from the last guest. Other than that, everything was great. The quality of the room for the price would be hard to match. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Shawn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It makes me very happy to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel and service! At Red Roof Inn we listen and value our guests comments. Please accept my apologies for the speed of the Internet. We are in the process of upgrading our Internet service to provide a faster more reliable connection for all of our guests! I am very happy to hear how clean your room was upon arrival. I will make sure to commend my housekeeper on the cleanliness of her room and also address the issue with the food in the refrigerator. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inns for your lodging needs and we look forward to your next visit at BWI!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn Linthicum Heights/BWI for 1 night before our flight out of the Baltimore Airport. We did the stay and park package which allowed us to keep our car in their parking lot for up to 10 days. They also offer a free shuttle to and from the airport. We’ve never done this before so we were a little worried how this would work. I was pleasantly surprise how easy everything was and I would definitely recommend do this. The hotel is only a couple of miles away from the airport. 5-10 minutes is all it takes.

We had a standard king room. The room was recently renovated. The only negatives about the room were it was very, very small and the pillows were tiny. It would have mattered if we were staying for a few days but for 1 night it was fine. They do charge a $1.50 for the use of the safe. We didn’t use it so we just informed the front desk that we didn’t use it and they took the charge off the bill. If we fly out of BWI again, we will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Shawn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It makes me happy to know you chose our hotel to experience your first "Park and Fly" package! As you mentioned our "Park and Fly" package includes 1 night stay and up to 10 nights of parking. I will be sure to share your review with the entire shuttle team to show how they are recognized for taking great care of our guests to and from the airport! I noticed you stayed in our "Standard King" room on your last visit. We offer a much larger room, equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, and large office area, we like to call our 'Superior Business King" room. We appreciate you choosing our Inn and look forward to hearing about your experience in one of our "Superior Business King" rooms during your next visit to the BWI Airport!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a night before flying out of BWI ... Got a good deal for it ! No complimentary breakfast though - still worked out coz we left early the next day ... But this is one thing to consider. Another plus is that - it is pet friendly ... This is the main reason why we chose this hotel this time because my lil morkie is traveling with us. Room newly upgraded - not a typical Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Shawn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you F R for taking the time to review our Inn! We take great pride in being the best value in the BWI area. Our recent renovation allows us the opportunity to provide a unique modern room at an economical price. I am very happy to hear we were able to impress you during your stay. Always remember Red Roof loves pets! Thats why pets stay free at Red Roof Inns. We look forward to serving you and "lil morkie" during your next stay in BWI!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I arrived at this hotel on Sept 5th checking out the following day Friday Sept 6 this hotel has some flaws. First when i arrived which was quite late I found that two gentleman possibly with the Army were in the lobby. They had mounds of luggage with in the lobby and didnt seem to care I was passing through as this was a tripping hazard, I had to virtually climb over their bags to take a seat while they got checked in.I was surprised to find only one desk agent working the desk which was kinda frustrating as i wanted to get checked in. The lobby was in nice condition and well kept, I was pleased when another desk agent appeared at the desk. She checked me in quickly and sent me on my way.
The room #115 was very nice and comfortable only a little stuffy which I turned the AC on full cool as it was on light cool when i arrived. The things I was not pleased with was mostly the free WI-FI which was very slow and made my web browsing not smooth. The front desk lady was very accommodating with giving me some take out menus for a late bite to eat. Another thing i was not happy with was that about 12 midnight the power went out on one side of room. the bathroom light and vanity lights and television still worked, The AC also went out as well which was not okay. I called the front desk and explained the situation to the gentleman like three times before he understood what happened. Power was restored about ten minutes later which was not so bad and everything remained normal for the rest of the night. It also was a bit noisy as the people next door was up with their children. The front desk was informed and that seemed to work as the noise calmed down.The room was modern and I LOVED the bed which was very comfortable. I wasn't to happy when I went to put my shoe on the next morning and found a bug possibly a grasshopper in it. And lastly I wasn't to thrilled about having to pay for the lobby computer to print my boarding pass as most hotels provides this for you. It was like 49 cent a minute to use the service and they take like a $18.00 hold off the card which i decided not to use.
I recommend this hotel if your staying for only a night and not ongoing. Mostly I was not pleased with the wi-fi which took like a thousand years to load up on youtube or to stream a video.
The overall experience was fine but I have been to better. You pay for what the price is.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you Mike W for taking the time to review our Inn! I'm glad you loved our brand new Serta mattresses and our modern design Next Gen rooms! I am very happy to hear how well the front desk took care of you and how they were able to immediately correct the issues that occurred during your stay. With that said, I want to offer my sincere apologies for the power outage in your room and the speed of the Wifi. I'm excited to say we are currently in the process of switching Internet service providers to ensure a faster more reliable service for all of our guests. Upon your next stay I would like to point out that we don't charge for printing a boarding pass on our business center computer. Myself or the front desk will gladly assist you during your next visit. Thank you again for your detailed review. Reviews like yours not only help our future guests but also help our team to improve upon the services we provide. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inns and look forward to serving you in the future!