“comfortable and affordable”

Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Baltimore, Maryland
“comfortable and affordable”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is the third time I've stayed here on route to the airport. The price is right. Rooms are comfy. Bathrooms are small but serviceable. For a slight additional payment you get popcorn, energy bars, trail mix, water and o.j.; this is helpful when you are flying out early and don't have time to eat any breakfast. Free wifi thruout is also a big plus. Shuttle to airport leaves every 1/2 hour. There is also a near-by Italian place with good subs, salads and pizzas. I've stayed at a number of different places near BWI; this is now my preferred place.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are easier to access; but third floor seems to be a quieter location. There is an...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Shawn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm excited to hear you were able to experience our "Premium" room and our convenient shuttle to the BWI Airport! I agree that Italia's Corner is one of the best Italian restaurants in the area. The restaurant is conveniently located within walking distance of the hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future! Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Plus+ at BWI Airport for the third time!

410-850-7600

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was a nice clean room although for Premium cost we did not feel it was that much better than the regular rooms we have stayed in at RRI. Basic motel with outdoor entrances. Rate was alright for being pretty close to Washington DC area which is where we went. Average motel if all you need is a bed to sleep, no pool or breakfast etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm happy to know we were able to provide you with the best value in the area! All of our "Premium" rooms come with a snack box including popcorn, orange juice, bottled water, trail mix, and two nature valley breakfast bars. The "Premium" rooms also include additional pillows, towels and a 39 inch HD television. We are developing additional features that will be released over the upcoming months. We look forward to hearing your feedback! Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Plus+ at BWI Airport!

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just stayed four nights at Red Roof Inn at BWI Baltimore. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and a great value considering what we paid. However, out of four nights, the closest we got to cleaning service was day two when they came in, changed two towels and emptied one waste bin. During the entire stay, our beds were never made and nothing was cleaned. I brought this to the attention of the front desk and all they did was give me two more towels. Unacceptable.

Room Tip: Don't let my review and a couple lazy workers discourage you from booking. Still a good value.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 657JayM
Shawn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Please accept my apologies for the service you experienced. I'm extremely upset to hear how the team has underperformed during your stay. I can assure you this is not the typical experience of a guest in our hotel. Please contact me at 410-850-7600 so that I may address the team members in question and find a way to restore your faith in the Red Roof brand. I look forward to having the opportunity to "Wow" you in the future. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Plus+ at BWI Airport.

JOHNSTOWN
Reviewed 12 August 2014

If you do not want to stay in downtown Baltimore and do not mind a 15 minute drive, this is a great place to stay. Convenient to the airport and light rail. Several good resturants near by, Cracker Barrell, Bob Evans, and even a great pizza place next door. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable, but nothing fancy. Really how much are you in your room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BARBARA L
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! We pride ourselves on offering the best value in the BWI Airport area! When visiting the Inner Harbor we can shuttle you to the light rail station so you can avoid driving downtown. The light rail ride is approximately 15 minutes and drops you off at Camden Yards or the Convention Center. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Plus+ at BWI Airport! We look forward to your next stay!

Las Cruces, NM
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Based on the TA reviews I decided to stay here for my last night in Baltimore after a conference. I made sure to book the premium room so as to get one of the highly touted remodeled ones. It was a very nice room, if a bit on the small side. (Usually a hotel with fancy rooms like that will be a bit more spacious). If you look at the little details in the room, however, you can still tell that it is (or was) a regular Red Roof Inn. And the lobby (really just a little office), the outside of the hotel, and the grounds are what you would expect from RRI. I am glad I stayed there, not only because it was cheap but to see what RRI was up to. However, I will go back to the Doubletree next time, if only because the property as a whole is a big step up.

Room Tip: Book a premium room, or you will get one the old ones (at least that was the case when I stayed ther...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed our new Premium rooms! Our new Premium rooms include a snack box consisting of bottled water, orange juice, microwave popcorn, two nature valley bars and trail mix. After seeing the value in our location I hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Plus+ at BWI Airport!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night and I'm glad it was only one! The shuttle driver was very rude and best of all my boyfriend had bed bugs in his luggage after our stay! They did not offer to refund us. Do not stay there.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues occurring during your stay. At Red Roof we take all allegations of bed bugs seriously and will make sure to have a pest control company perform a proper investigation on the room in question. Please contact me at 410-850-7600 so that I may offer my personal apologies and investigate these issues. I want you to know that this is not the typical occurrence at our hotel. I hope you will give our Red Roof a second opportunity to impress you with our service, cleanliness and quality.

Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here during our last night of our honeymoon and we loved it. We were greeted by Scott who is very friendly and helpful. He makes you feel welcome! The room was newly renovated, very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The room had a refrigerator and microwave and if you stay in a superior king room you will also have a desk. The room had a lot of space and great wifi. We took the shuttle to the airport and the driver was friendly and she had a great smile! It is a great hotel...thanks Scott!

Room Tip: Stay in a superior king room, they are great!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm happy to hear how terrific your stay was and how impressed you were with Scott's service! He will be very proud to hear your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Thank you for choosing Red Roof Plus+ at BWI Airport!