“Stranded @ BWI? Look elsewhere.”

Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My flight (and dozens if others) got canceled, so I started looking for hotels on my phone. Within the span of 3 minutes, the Sheraton, Wingate & Marriot were sold out.

So, on to tier 2. My choice was between Motel 6, 2 *really* sketchy no-names, and this Extended Stay BWI. Price was reasonable, but not super cheap -- around $80 on Orbitz.

Booked it, got the confirmation and then discovered that, unlike a half a dozen hotels all within 5 blocks of each other, this one didn't have a free shuttle.

It was late & I didn't want to play ping pong roulette w/ the group Shuttles, so I pony up the $11 for a 5 minute taxi.

Front desk lady was nice, but looked exhausted. There are a *lot* of sketchy people inside & outside the property, and lots just millng around the tiny front desk area. I got the crazy-eye look from the shirtless guy in the one & only vending machine/laundry room. Lovely.

Vending machined all refused bills & flashed "coins only". Normally, not a big deal, but everything was $1.75.

Get to my "non-smoking" room after suffering through the cloudy haze of cigarette smoke in the hall to find - you guessed it - a smoking room. No options, so here we are. Lovely mascara-stained towels/wash cloths & I don't even want to think about what's lurking on the funky sheets.

Every wall surface is dingy & I go through a half bottle of alcohol gel.

3 stars? Are you kidding me people?

• Stayed: July 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

In fact, I was impressed by the modern room ameneties and cleanliness but unfortunately my room has a faulty heater, so I walk into an ice cold room and can't get the heat to kick on...and it should. iThe hotel is full so I can't switch rooms and its too cold to fall asleep because it is freezing but that's just my luck of the draw...but outside of that it is quiet and clean, a good option for travelers with families or on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Baltimore - BWI Airport. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

In response to your comments about the air conditioning unit, we have inspected all in-room air conditioners and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Travellers also viewed these Linthicum Heights hotels
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr.
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#26 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum
Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Lint...
#22 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Baltimore - BWI Airport North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bal...
#18 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ba...
#12 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#3 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washingt...
#10 of 29 in Linthicum Heights

Been to Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.

Address: 1500 Aero Dr, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090-2243
Region: United States > Maryland > Linthicum Heights
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Price Range: £53 - £74 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr. 2.5*
Shuttle Service, 7 Days a Week: 6am - 10am, 5pm - 10pm ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Linthicum