“Maryland's Finest :|” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.

and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr.
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
“Maryland's Finest :|”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

There is really little good to say about this place. My girlfriend (and grandparents) put us up here to help me gain some recovery from my surgeries, and we are waiting on a house to close, so here we are. Shall we?

Rude staff who will go above and beyond the call to blow you off, unless attempting to get more cash out of your pocket. They will promise you time and time again that maintenance will come to look at your broken fridge, but will gladly leave your food to spoil no matter what you say/do. Will also "Yeah, okay" you when you tell them that you have an animal (we have a small cat. She is low maintenance and helps me get through recovery from a couple of brain surgeries) and then call you a few days later saying they forgot to charge you for it, since they were unwilling to pay attention and do things right the first time.

Offers Free (horrible) WiFi, which is highly inconvenient if you have business to attend to. Also, you have to pay an additional $5/day to hook up any form of gaming system. Seriously? No, thanks. Stuck here for three weeks and we are already paying you an arm and a leg. When I would like to use my Xbox to distract myself (I lost just about everything from my massive brain tumor), you want to try to rip more money from our pockets.

Location is kinda neat. When there aren't kids and adults running around screaming like lunatics or emergency vehicles flying by every twenty minutes it's rather peaceful. Quiet is nice, especially when you are in the process of recovering from a few brain surgeries. I mean, you could get just about whatever you needed without going too far. There is also a movie theatre next door, but I doubt I will be checking that out in my condition.

Room was kind of clean when we got here. Bed was made in the same hotel fashion you find anywhere. Bathroom nearly spotless. Our dining area had chips and various forms of Godknowswhat scattered throughout. Normally, I would raise ruckus, but we had already unpacked our things and Lily (the cat) had finally gotten out from underneath the bed and collapsed on the end of the bed.

The AC unit was interesting. At the hotels I am used to staying at (mostly in the Historic Triangle and Virginia Beach areas), you can make it so that it is, well, on. The units installed in these rooms are not very consistent (matches the rest of the place). As soon as it cuts on, the room becomes an igloo, but when it cuts off you are transported to Mordor (and you will think that you have been abandoned by whatever gods you worship if you happen to be under the blankets). There is no way to just leave it on. Prepare for some uncomfortable nights if you decide to stay here. I mean, really uncomfortable.

So, that is my review.I know there are things that I am missing, and things that I have just completely forgotten. If I knew then what I know now about this hotel, I would have gladly chosen elsewhere to spend time to recover from my brain surgeries. I suppose this is what you get when you stay at the "cheapest".

Do not expect much. For a place that is even named for "Extended Stay" the impressions given are that they really do not want you here for more than a day or so.

Room Tip: If you are on the bottom floor, you will hear the family of elephants that live above you.a
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Patnode

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I travel home, I stay at Extended Stays because I'm there for a prolonged time and it offers great rates for that stay. Clean room, friendly staff, though the location was a little tricky at first, but it is perfectly out of the way of many things-- which caused for a quiet stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed there because I was landing at BWI airport at 2am so it was inconvenient to go into DC at this time. Hotel is about a 10 mins taxi drive (12-15$) from BWI Airport.

Room was ok, bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean, etc. The only thing that avoided me a little bit was that there was a smell in the room, it was not SUPER strong, but def. strong enough to notice it, I couldn't tell if it was an old cigarette smell or just a dusty/moldy smell... either way, it was a bit annoying, but not to the point that it prevented me from sleeping or something like that... But def. annoying and not the kind of smell you want in your room.

Service was fine, nothing exceptional but nothing bad either... the only weird thing is, when I arrived at the hotel at around 2h15 am, the staffperson asked for my ID to do the checkin (nothing weird here), and I gave my passport, because I have recently lost my driver license and didn't have time to go get a new one... the person was really weirded out by the fact that I gave my (Canadian) passport as a form of ID. She asked my 2-3 times "But why this??? You don't have any ID?". So weird. 1. A passport IS one of the most proper form of IDs you can find! 2. If you decide to work in a hotel located 10 mins from an airport, you should probably expect that the people who will come in your hotel will be passport-holders who might give their passport as a form of ID! -___- Anyways, nothing terribly bad, but it was just weird.

I booked this stay through Hotwire and saved a little bit, I would recommend checking hotwire.com to see if they have deals!

The value of my hotel room was ok for the price I paid (65$ for a 1-bed room), I wouldn't pay for it though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location and clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, I sincerely apologize for the odors in your room and the level of professionalism displayed by some members of our staff. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I stay here EVERYTIME I come to BWI.
The staff members are amazing!
Their always sooo accommodating. (Smiling & conversating with all guest) The rooms are always clean, and the rates are always reasonable...

I deffinatly recommend this hotel for short and long term stays.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lalamehri
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were impressed with Extended Stay. We arrived after midnight and were greeted cordially. Not overly friendly, but it was late. The room was clean and spacious. There was plenty of room for us without being in each other's way. The grab and go breakfast was good enough to get us started for the day. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom and kitchen were very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cece714
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing review of your stay with us. The staff and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean, spacious suites and free grab-and-go breakfast at a great value. We’re also pleased you enjoyed our friendly staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Super friendly service! It was very accommodating and convenient b/c I am im transition to the Maryland area. I wish they had a fitness center though ... lol.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that may need an extended stay in the area. Location is right off of 295 and there are eateries near by if dont want to cook in your room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWI Airport - Aero Dr., responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our property. I’m glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. As well, I’m happy that you enjoyed our convenient location. Still, I apologize for our lack of a fitness center. Your suggestion will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I must say I stayed at extended stay for two months and the staff made me feel like family the service was outstanding, the rooms were great. it's a very nice environment I recommend all to stay there at least once

• Stayed December 2013