“Comfortalbe, welcoming and affordable”

Holiday Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
colorado
“Comfortalbe, welcoming and affordable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We spent two separate nights here and were really impressed with the updated décor as well as the friendly staff and overall cleanliness and comfort. The breakfast buffet offered a good variety. It was the best Holiday Inn we have experienced.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lindon, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I used to stay at this location when it was a Comfort Inn. Stopped when it got too old and tired. Realized this week that it had been changed to a Holiday Inn and received a complete makeover. Excellent facility and great location for my early outbounds from BWI. Highly recommend the property. Staff was awesome and facilities first rate.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

The staff needs better customer service training. They are not very good at greeting their guests. I've stayed at many different Holiday Inns but this property was the worst at greeting guests by far. I must have left and came back about 5 times during my stay but was only greeted once.

I checked in a bit early and requested a room facing away from the road. I assume the front desk clerk was new since she didn't know if odd or even numbered rooms faced away from the road. I waited for about 5 minutes while she went to the back office to ask someone. She cam out with a gentleman(who I assume was the front desk manager) who looked right at me but no greeting. He just looked at the computer screen, directed the clerk to the right room, turn around and disappeared.

Otherwise, the facilities and rooms are clean. A decent hotel that could definitely improve with better staff training.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the road if you want a quieter room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear bogobog,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide feedback. It was great to read you liked our clean rooms and hotel facilities. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the highest level of service that they have come to expect from our hotel and I regret that we have failed to deliver. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by our staff service. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it aids us in ensuring such issues are resolved. I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Spent night of 12/18/2014 here. Stay started off great with prompt shuttle pick up at BWI. We were greeted warmly and recognized as PC members. (No goodie bag though). We were able to check in at 12 noon and our two queen beds room was beautiful. Bright and airy feeling and very spacious. Good couch (firm cushions) without the usual stains we have found in other hotels! The mattresses were very comfy and linens top notch. Even my husband commented on how lightweight the white duvet was, yet warm enough for a cold December night. The bathroom was large and had a long granite counter top. Tub was either re-glazed from when this hotel had been a Comfort Inn OR it was a new one! Good shower spray too which is a plus for people with thick hair who have to shampoo their hair! We did not eat at the restaurant but it looked nice and upscale. It is adjacent to the check-in area and personally I would prefer a little more separation between the two. The staff is very accomodating and professional yet friendly. Oh! I noticed our 4th floor had a laundry room near the elevator!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank luvsf
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've just read Vinny067's review about this hotel's management issues and now everything makes perfect sense! I have a friend who is getting married and has setup a special rate at this hotel. I have been trying to make a reservation for the past 5 days, and the level is ineptitude I have experienced across all facets of IHG has been shocking.

What it boils down to is the fact that no one seems to know how to allow me to make a reservation as part of the wedding block. Each time I call the hotel, I'm told I have to speak to the national reservation line. Each time I speak with the national reservation line, I'm told I have to speak with the local hotel. Each time, I tried to explain before I am transferred that I'll just be sent back in a loop, but no one listens. Eventually, I always end up being pushed to a voicemail box for the director of sales that promises a call back within four business hours. I have not received a call back yet.

This hotel is so dysfunctional that they can't even accept reservations. However, now that I know that there is no management staff, it makes a little more sense.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Kevin S,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dameron, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here overnight for a flight out the following morning. Shuttle service to the airport was quick and friendly. Bed was comfy. Enjoyed a beer at the lounge and food was decent enough. Pretty much pay for what you get here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mako13Man
Millville, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on Monday, December 9th. Check-in was a breeze, the room was clean and spacious, dinner in he restaurant was good (and not expensive), the wake up call was on time, and the shuttle to the airport was ready when we were.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple