“An OK property, but I didn't see the Jazz other's said” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn BWI Airport

Holiday Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
“An OK property, but I didn't see the Jazz other's said”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Like so many, we stayed at this property before an early flight from BWI. I just didn't see the jazz or the glamor others have been commenting about. This place is OK, but it is certainly not over the top. The web site for this hotel says they offer an Executive Floor, Bellmen/porters etc. Nope, none of that is offered. This is an old Comfort Suites made over to a lower level Holiday Inn.

The personnel at the hotel are nice and respectable. The service in the restaurant is fine, but the food in the restaurant is so-so at best. I ordered a hamburger, no cheese and I wanted it medium rare. The burger came cooked like shoe leather with cheese that I didn't want. The onion rings which I opted for over the French Fries were way over cooked and burnt. Plus, the onion rings were served without any seasoning.

I have read the other views about this property and the people there are OK, but the hotel is clearly lacking. I wanted the toilet seat fixed in our room. I asked the front desk people to fix the toilet seat or have some one do it. We went to dinner and after dinner, we arrived to see that the toilet seat was only partially fixed. I am not a handy man, but I completed the repairs. I don't think it's in my Platinum level of service to fix toilet seats.

There is a wonderful Marriott across the street which was my first choice, but they were fully booked. Unless you are drinking the Kool-Aid about this Holiday Inn, opt for a different place. This place isn't that great.

1 Thank 678855
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear 678855,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member and for leaving us a feedback. We certainly appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the bathroom conditions may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
West Plains, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was my first time at this property and when I return I will stay here again. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I returned my rental car and they picked me up at the rental car facility here which saved me a lot of time as the rental facility here at the BWI airport is away from the main terminal and you must use a state run bus to get to it, not the easiest thing to do at times as the bus drivers are not friendly and do not help you with luggage. The food here at the hotel was above par for hotel food.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Over the March 21st weekend- we had 25-30 guests coming in from out of town to help us celebrate our son's Bar Mitzvah. From the moment I walked in to the lobby, I knew The newly renovated "oh so quaint" Holiday Inn BWI in Linthicum was the perfect place to block off rooms for my family and friends.

The staff was warm welcoming and super accomodating-from the receptions staff, restaurant staff all the way up to Dawn, the General Manager! Even thought our room rate included breakfast, I wanted to do something above and beyond for my guests. Lisa (Sales Manager) worked with me to create a special add on brunch to include Mimosas, fruit and chocolate toppings for our waffles and a fabulous omelet station...we all enjoyed ourselves!

They set up our room as a hospitality room to gather in on Friday and then the staff converted it into a bedroom on Saturday for us. From Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon-our family and friends had a WONDERFUL stay at the this Holiday Inn...thanks again!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Snoop1235
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Flight in from West Coast was to late to drive. My decision to stay near the airport was a good one. The room was clean and fresh. Shower was the best water pressure I had all week. They were doing the elevator inspection while making sure visitors were accommodated. The only problem I encountered was a 40 + minute wait for the shuttle, which I believe was just an oops.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nancy H
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Grace S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Nancy H,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the water pressure levels and found your room to be clean and fresh. Our housekeeping team takes great pride in their work! We apologize for the extended wait for the shuttle and thank you for being so understanding in regards to the elevator inspection.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Baltimore area!

Yours in Hospitality,

Grace S.
Goldsboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

First, check in was horrible. Took forever, not good giving discounts. We asked for a king suite and were given a king studio. We immediately went back downstairs and checked out. That took forever, the young guy working the counter took forever, went for help, left me standing there until I had to call out (he went into another room). Finally someone came and helped him, and four days later the charge is still on my debit card. When you order a suite, you don't want a studio, BIG difference. Never again!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you make your room desire known.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Barbara B
Dear Barbara B,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize sincerely for the difficulties you encountered. This is definitely not the experience we expect any of our guests to bear. I would love to speak with you to discuss this matter further to see if we can make it right for you. At your earliest convenience, please email me your contact information to the address below or you may call me on 410-691-1000.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Grace.scott@hibwiairport.com
York Haven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great place to stay for an airport hotel. This is a good location for a quick overnight before an early morning flight. Quiet, clean, spacious rooms. Great customer check in and front desk staff. You can tell they have been well trained in customer service.
This location used to be the comfort inn and suites, but Holiday Inn has done some great improvements and would choose Holiday Inn over comfort inn any day.
Good job!

Dear Cruzin302,

What an awesome review! Thank you for sharing how pleased you were with the service delivery as well as the comfort and cleanliness of your guest room. We look forward to making your stay on your next visit to the Baltimore area.