“Pleasant overnight stay”

Holiday Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 3 April 2007

I stayed here the night of March 31st. Booked online through choicehotels.com and got a very decent rate. The rate was lower than Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz. No complaints about the hotel or service. Check-in was quick and easy. The room was clean. No issues checking out. I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews but I did not have any issues during my stay. I missed the free breakfast so I cannot comment on that. Easy drive to Baltimore. I would stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn BWI Airport

Reviewed 8 January 2007

We landed at BWI shortly after midnight. Was glad to check in with no muss, no fuss.

Have stayed in many of the choice hotels chain, so far both Comfort Suites have been very nice. Much like the other one I stayed in, this one seems to be fairly new, or looks new because it is well kept. Rooms were very nice and clean. Upon arrival the desk clerk and the security guard were very friendly. The security guard chatted as he walked us to our room, and offered to get us any thing else we needed.

Breakfast in the morning was very busy, but things were well stocked.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank Philosophyguru
Reviewed 10 November 2006

Great location that is convenient to inner harbor. We checked in at 8pm Saturday night and were pleasantly surprised to be in one of the nicest hotel rooms that we have ever been in. Wife said the room was far better than the Comfort Suites in Clovis, CA, which was brand new and nice. I thought it was a lot like the room of a nice Marriott. No problems with our reservation which I made only a couple days in advance. The Comfort Suites' bed sand sheets were very very comfortable. The room was altogether large and comfy as another review said. It was a nice quiet stay for the Saturday night. It was almost a ghost town the night we were there, even though the Ravens had a home game Sunday morning. The neighborhood looks to have massive traffic capacity with a gazillion other hotels; and it's not hard to imagine it really noisy if it is bustling with conferences, etc in high season. We were on the fourth floor overlooking the electronics museum across the street, with radar and anti-aircraft guns on permanent display on the lawn. We jay-walked across the four-five lane road and back with no problems to take a closer look at the displays. On a normal busy day, that would probably be impossible? The breakfast was simple and good. I had oatmeal, yogurt and juice. The chocolate covered doughnuts disappeared fast and were replaced by danishes. As another reviewer noted, the tables filled up fast too. Many breakfast diners were eating on the coaches in the reception area. We'll stay here again. Absolutely.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DarthAnonymous
Reviewed 8 August 2006

We were 2 families travelling by car from NJ to Baltimore, Williamsburg, and back up through Ocean City. One family of 4, one of 5. We checked in around 3:30. Not all the rooms were ready and we wanted 2 adjoining or next to each other. We explained we would be willing to wait until later in the day to take occupancy to be able to have 2 rooms together if they were willing to assign them to us before they were finished being cleaned. The girl helping us knew exactly what we wanted. The other front desk girl, Kathy, started to but in and confuse the issue not understanding what we wanted. Once she went back to what she was doing everything was taken care of. It did take an extra day o get extra pillows. They also charge a $1 a day for the room safe. I say hide it in the room fee. I would rather not see it, it looks petty.
The rooms were clean, they were large and comfy. There was a desk and a pullout couch in addition to the 2 queen beds. The wireless internet worked fine. The breakfast was good. The hotel must have been renovated b/c it looked current and not dingy or rundown.
It is close to the airport for anyone needing to be nearby. It was a quick easy ride to Baltimore, which is why we chose the location. We did not want to pay the inner harbor rates. Parking in Baltimore was wasy. One night we parked on the street at a meter. Meter was only until 6pm, so we didn't need to put too much into it. The next day we parked in a garage near the Aquarium for $18. It was self park which was very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank ItsPozzable
Reviewed 8 August 2006

I booked two (2) suites here on 12-26-05 at choicehotels(--) for overnight stay on 08-05-06 which is over seven (7) months in advance. I arrive at Comfort Suites at 11:30am the morning of the reservation and told the clerk that I wanted to check in early to secure the rooms, but not take possession of them until approx. 9:00pm that night ( I was in town to take in the Yankees/Orioles game). She told me I was the first one to check in that day and she was very understanding and checked me in and said that she was putting the room keys in the guest file so when I come back that night that it would not be necessary to check in, just ask for the keys.
I come back at 9:00pm and ask for the room keys and the clerk says they don't have any rooms they're all full. I told her that I had already checked in at 11:30am that I just wanted to pick up the room keys, at first she told me I was never checked in and then after discussion she said I was checked in but the rooms are not available the motel is full and that they were sending me 4-5 miles away to a Comfort Inn (not Suites). I told her I booked suites because of the additional space/couch that was needed for the groups. It just didn't matter to them. I stayed (by forfiet) at the Comfort Inn and we had to barely squeeze a roll out bed in front of the bathroom to accomodate us.

Bottom line....... My bookings were made 7 1/2 months in advance and I checked in at 11:30am and look what that gets you at Comfort Suites........................NO COMFORT!

2  Thank macwoody
Reviewed 25 May 2006

We stayed for only one night and hoped for a Park and Fly option. I was annoyed to find out that it would cost an additional $70 (our room was $99), but that was my fault for not calling ahead of time to get the details. If you want to Park and Fly call around to other hotels. There are others that will charge much less than $170. We ended up driving to long term parking. But the room was very nice. I belong to their rewards program and the sign outside our room said "VIP". I didn't see this outside other rooms so I wondered if we got a nicer room because I'm a rewards member. Definitely worth signing up for if you stay there.
A couple complaints. My husband and I were up until 1:30 AM listening to doors slamming every 10 minutes. They should really put some kind of mechanism on the doors that prevents them from slamming shut. Also, the continental breakfast isn't served until 7 AM on weekends and because we had such an early flight we had to leave at 7 AM and couldn''t take advantage of this included service.
Because of the noise and the pricey Park and Fly option I wouldn't stay here again but I would consider staying at Comfort Suites in other cities.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed 23 May 2006

We are 4 friends who travel together and stay in one room. We found our room to be clean with comfortable beds and lots of room for us to move around. Good location to Inner Harbor and to DC and Annapolis. The staff was helpful and the night staff very helpful in finding a great crabcake restaraunt! We did not find it in need of a rehab-I think it has been done. One fault, there are not enough tables for breakfast on the weekend-but the breakfast buffet was decent. (Coffee was too strong).

• Stayed: May 2006