“Alittle Better”

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Chicago, Illinois
“Alittle Better”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed at this property recently after thinking about it thoroughly and wasn't sure if I would. My previous encounters at this hotel were aweful and I was even met with a angry Galley Host who threw a book at me because he was upset over missed communication and working alone and busy. I stayed there again ready for anything. I just want to spend time with my kids since I travel alot, live out of state and needed some quality time with them. I must say I was surprised....some improvements. Staff was better, Jessica and Karen were awesome. Rooms still need work but some improvements. I must warn you though, if you have any issues...take your complaints to Hyatt Comsumer Affairs after you complain at the hotel because if Tom Clapsaddle is still the General Manager, he is a arrogant,sarcastic, jerk who doesn't seem to care. Just as long as his property makes money. They could do so much better with the proper manager and staff. The hotel has great potential and I wish they would get it in order. But again this stay was much better than previous stays. I plan to TERY AGAIN in coming days to be with my boys.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mrjid1301

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We had the pleasure to stay at this Hyatt property last week and enjoyed it very much. It is a takeover, but is very well done. Rooms were clean the staff was helpful and the location is very nice when flying from BWI. It is also one of the few properties with a shuttle to and from BWI. The hotel is located adjacent (walking distance) to a Ruby Tuesdays. You will not regret staying at this property.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank UoMdaddy
Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We spent out first night of a week long schoo trip here. On the downside (no fault of the hotel), a thunderstorm had knocked out the power. No lights in hotel, no elevator, etc until 2 or 3 in the morning! Hotel was brand new at that time, pool wasn't even complete yet. Even so, it was very nice. Really great amenities in rooms, full power and plug in set-up for TV, even if we couldn't use it. Great staff, nice building, were really happy with stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Maryland
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My wife and I spent last weekend at the Hyatt Place BWI. I agree with the positive comments left by other TripAdvisor members. In case you're considering this hotel, this is what we got for a very nice $$ price: clean, modern rooms. A very nice breakfast area (complimentary continental breakfast)....free Wi Fi throughout the hotel. A big swimming pool, well-maintained. An exercise room open 24/7. A BIG screened TV in the room. Great for college football watching. And a great location. A shuttle goes back and forth to BWI. Also only 15 minutes to the huge regional shopping center, Arundel Mills Mall. We went into downtown Baltimore for dinner on Saturday night....a mere 20 minute drive to the Inner Harbor. Very happy with this hotel and location.

Room Tip: Suggest you get a room away from the elevator banks. The constant "chimes" of an arriving...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Basilico
United States
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I stayed here for one night as I was flying into BWI, arriving around 11pm, and heading to DC the next morning. I called when my flight landed and the shuttle driver arrived within 10 minutes. The only disappointment was that my reserved king size bed was no longer available, so I had a double. The room was clean & spacious with free wi-fi. I slept past the free breakast but they were happy to provide me (without me even asking!) a free latte and yogurt - definitely great customer service. The hotel shuttle dropped me off at the train station with no problems.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Iowa City
Reviewed 16 September 2011

At this Hyatt, you get just the kind of clean, neat, and well-organized room you expect. But the best thing about this place is that they have a small, simple restaurant and bar, with service late into the evening. The small menu has something for any traveler, and nice little nooks in the seating area provide privacy for simple meals. The morning breakfast includes both cooked to order, for a fee, and basic cold breakfast (at no addt'l cost) options. The only other restaurants nearby are a Tom Evans and a Ruby Tuesday. This is a nice alternative. I have stayed at all of the nearby hotels, and this is really my favorite.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Sacramento, Ca
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This hotel was so comfy and welcoming. We got there really late and check in went so fast we were in our room and sleeping in no time. But not without a couple of fresh cookies! The desk agent had someone making cookies when we checked in and brought four to our room when they were done. Wow! There was a little shuttle mixup when we were checking out, but they were very nice and handled the situation very quickly and well.

The room was clean, comfy, and well appointed. Plenty of room and free wifi. Breakfast was great, fresh and tasty. Coffee was always hot and ready.

I hope to stay there again soon

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends