Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$108
Fairfield Inn
US$133
Country Inn
  • Breakfast included
US$119
US$82
Holiday Inn BWI Airport(Linthicum Heights)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$123
US$112
US$157
Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport(Linthicum Heights)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$151
  • Breakfast included
US$148
US$126
All reviewsfront deskruby tuesdayssitting areamovie theatersofa bedfree breakfastbob evansindoor poolbwi airportinner harborbusiness tripnext morningoatmeallight railroom was largethe shuttle driverwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Standard, clean & efficiently operated Hyatt Place. Recommended if you are overnighting between BWI flights. Staff has the classic Hyatt attitude of friendly, courteous, rapid & effective service.

TripAdvisor will not accept a rebiew of fewer than 200 characters, so I hope this line fills it out as I am a strong believer in the value of brevity and have said enough already.

1  Thank Steve R
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you if your plans bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

This was my first stay at this property. Hotwire had often put me at the Sheraton Four Points abutting the airport and, frankly, I'd grown quite attached to it (and its very good restaurant). However, this was a pleasant change and a place to which I'd happily return. The lobby more or less doubles as a large breakfast room. Breakfast, by the way, is included in the room rate and well above average (a rotating selection of hot - and I really mean "hot" items), an array of chilled juices in large pitchers on an iced counter, and sturdy, stylish plastic plates and glasses (until they run out and then it's styro-foam). Next to the check-in desk is a small bar and a chilled display of a wide selection of above-average packaged sandwiches, salads, pastries, etc. which, though over-priced, are very tasty. I'd say it's better-than-average airport food with larger portions though similarly priced. My check-in process was very slow owing to computer problems with the interface with the housekeeping staff. The staff was very apologetic. A compensatory cookie from the adjacent food display would have been a nice gesture. (Upon a subsequent purchase when they were out of the potato chips which come with sandwiches, the nice lady offered me a second free cookie as recompense.)

My fifth floor room featured a large seating area with a kitchenette featuring a small sink and 3-foot "midi-fridge," a desk with ergonomic chair and a good lamp, and a huge L-shaped sofa (part of which was a pull-out bed) and a leather-topped ottoman which could have been used as a "table" for a Japanese meal! The bedroom, separated by a partial wall with frosted window panes, was comfortable, with two twin beds, a kind of small closet, sink, counter with big mirror and the bath-shower and commode were in their own separate room. A HUGE hi-def LG television swiveled just enough so it could be comfortably watched from either the bedroom or the sitting area. Handsome lighting fixtures in the corridors and in the room itself were art deco influenced. The socket I needed for my C-PAP machine required getting down on the floor to access owing to the design of the wall-mounted table under which it was placed.

I arrived during Preakness week-end, so the joint was jumpin'. Housekeeping seemed a bit overwhelmed - especially with the mass check-outs on Sunday as they affected those of us who were staying over). However, my problem with a slow-draining bathtub Monday was fixed immediately by the friendly maintenance staff.

The hotel is easily accessible from the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, minutes from downtown Baltimore or the airport. There's a Ruby Tuesday next door and a 7-Eleven nearby. Venture further afield and you'll find a dazzling array of ethnic restaurants. However, it might help to have a GPS. Despite my many trips and stays to the airport neighborhood, I've found the area around BWI to be very challenging to navigate. But I was sure happy to find this Hyatt Place.

2  Thank Jim H

Thank you for writing such an in depth and positive review! I am glad that even with a few hiccups in your stay, overall it was a good experience. I hope you will be staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed for 3 nights while attending a course that was held in the hotel. It was so convenient to do that that I would do it again anytime. The rooms are very large and comfortable. I found everything to be clean. I am really fussy about beds as I have several physical conditions that make it difficult for me to sleep. I slept like a baby at this hotel. All of the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I did use the pool to work out and stretch and it was a perfect temperature for doing so. THere isn't a whirlpool but the pool water was warm enough that I didn't need it.
They had a free breakfast that I thought was decent and had hot egg sandwiches that I liked as well. Usually all you get is cereal and pastries so this was a nice change. I had brought food with me to keep in the room and ate there at our lunch breaks to save money so didn't have the hotel food other than the breakfast.

Room Tip: I liked being at the end of the hall away from the elevators. I could just go up and down the steps when I wanted instead of waiting for an elevator and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for completing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This hotel is in a very good location. It's close to a huge outlet mall and movie theater, which are about 6 miles away. So are all the restaurants. Very easy to get to downtown Baltimore. Even though it's close to the airport, there is no airplane noise. Very quiet and clean hotel, great to relax in after travel and site seeing.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms away from the elevator traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This past week my kids were on vacation and decided to head to Maryland.We had no reservations so we took our chances where we would stay.We were very pleased we chose the Hyatt.The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable..I loved all the pillows. We loved that the room was sectioned off so whoever was tired could rest while the others watched TV.Seemed that the Hyatt thought of everything...even a good ice bucket and glasses.All the little things that make staying at a hotel more like "home". The breakfast in the morning was very good, lots of choices.There was a little cafe set up so we could get cookies or even salads during the day if we wanted.A few chain restaurants around us they were very convenient.The newspaper and fresh fruit was a added pleasure being offered to us from the front desk. All of the people that worked at the Hyatt were so kind and helpful.The next time we are in Maryland we will definately think of the Hyatt first.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need and the people at this hotel are more then happy to help you. Enjoy your stay!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family