“Very Nice Place to Stay”

Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
New York City, New York
“Very Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The hotel is in a great location if you are visiting the Baltimore, Annapolis or DC area. We also went to the nearby Casino one evening. If you are visiting D.C, you can get the shuttle bus to the commuter train and avoid the driving and parking hassle. Besides a great location, this hotel had some unique features which made it a better experience than the usual. I Arrived from BWI late at night, got the complimentary shuttle to the hotel where I was greeted by a genuinely helpful front desk staff. I was able to get a hot tea at the little café/bar to take upstairs. It was also a nice spot for a snack or glass of wine or other drink, especially if you are traveling alone. The room was fine and the pool looked larger than the usual but I did not have time to swim this trip . The breakfast was very good – a good selection of fresh options. They had complimentary newspapers. Everyone from the shuttle bus driver, front desk and breakfast cooking staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: A suite with a pull-out bed was good for my family of 3 adults.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for your review and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'm happy that the service and amenities made your trip enjoyable and hope you will be returning soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Excellent choice for a Hotel stay in BWI area!
Small Suite room with HUGE HDTV and separate Office area.
Best value for the money.
Its close to the Airport (7 minutes) and you dont hear the planes.
The rooms are spacious and you get a refrigerator.
The breakfast is Free and adequate.

Room Tip: There is no Spa
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be returning soon.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times for work. The beds are comfortable and they have a nice breakfast. Also the staff are very nice.
Now for the cons: my first room had an a/c unit (those big ones in the wall below the window) that could not cool the room, and on the 2nd night, when it got humid outside and it had to work harder, it SMELLED. That, coupled with an ignored request to clean out the drains in both the bathroom and bathtub, induced me to request another room. They complied and my 2nd room has working drains and an a/c unit that doesn't stink, but it still cannot cool the room. The 2 hairs left in the tub made me a little sad. The bathroom floor tiles are white but totally stained with dirt (in both rooms). In this room, there is no available plug at the work desk. And the ELEVATORS thump, jump, jam, and do not have inspection placards posted.
On to the beds. They have good mattresses and pillows but some of the pillows smelled sweaty despite the clean pillow cases. Also the decorative pillows smell. I have no idea how a housekeeper could vet a pillow but it's gross to smell some stranger's sweaty head.
The broadband is a little worse than the other BWI hotels, which are generally poor. One night I gave up trying to pay my bills,
I am breaking up with the Hyatt.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and I am very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We work very hard to ensure everyone has a pleasant stay. I am sorry we fell short and will be sure all the items you listed are shared and addressed.
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed 11 September 2013

the Hyatt was very nice the front desk staff was very helpful, the food they have to severe was good. the shuttle drivers was very friendly I love that they have snacks that you can buy and take it up to your room, you really don't have to leave the hotel much they a small bar to have drinks and you can order food 24 hrs a day that was nice. I would stay here a again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your positive review. I am happy to hear the shuttle and food and beverage options made your stay enjoyable and hope you will be staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I recently stayed here with my mother, sister, and two small nephews. The front desk staff was very professional and accomodating. The only issue I had with customer service while here was a rude housekeeping person who had a bad attittude. I brought this to the attention of the front desk and they were sincerely apologetic, which was very nice. The woman who runs the continental breakfast was VERY friendly and helpful :) The lifeguard at the pool was wonderful and friendly. The pre-printed directions they had ready for guests to various places of interest were very convenient. My nephews LOVED the apples available in the lobby! Overall we had a very nice stay and will definetly be back the next time we're in Baltimore!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor due to traveling with small kids and wanting to be close to the pool. I...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I apologize for the interaction with the housekeeper but I'm happy that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. I hope you will choose to stay with us on your next trip to Baltimore.
PA
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hyatt Place properties are fairly customary which make them easy to navigate and utilize the amenities at each location. This was no different. Despite being right near BWI, there was minimal noise from the airport. The fact that the beds are in the back of the room allows you to be distanced from the hall noise when trying to sleep. Being a Gold Passport member, my preferences are all set in my profile with Hyatt. I mention this because the gal who checked us in noted that I was a Gold Passport member and that my requests were noted. When we reached our room we realized that we were not located where we requested (high floor, away from elevators and ice machines). Upon returning to the desk we were immediately relocated to meet our requests. The complimentary breakfast far exceeds that of many properties!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that we did not get the room preference right on the first attempt, but glad it was rectified. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope you will be returning soon.
Covington, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here for three nights with friends. Hotel and grounds are very clean and the rooms are very nice. We had four women in one room and felt quite comfortable. Our only problem was not enough towels and each evening one of us had to go get towels.
One issue I am having is that I left a brand new shirt in the room and have called the hotel three times and the person answering the phone keeps forwarding me to another line which seems to disconnect itself.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the lack of towels, I hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. I am sorry you are having a difficult time getting a response on your shirt. Please contact me directly and I will get an answer for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Balti...
#13 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,320 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Baltimore - BWI Airport North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bal...
#22 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!