“Nice”

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding and shopping weekend. Great location. Close to Towson and Arundel Mills shopping malls. Inner harbor minutes away. Took the computer self serve station out which was disappointing but bumped up the continental breakfast to a warm breakfast of eggs, waffles, sausage and French toast although ran out of food early in morning...not good. Overall great place with very friendly and accommodating staff. Housekeeping, front desk, drivers, etc all very polite and Cheerful...will come back

• Stayed September 2013
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I have to admit I enjoyed having the option of offering the self-check in kiosk, but the decision was made to remove them. I am glad you enjoyed the new breakfast, and I am sorry we ran low on food. I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Severna Park, Maryland
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I've spent a lot of time in Courtyard Hotels, so I was surprised to find that the Hyatt Place at BWI offered so much. The staff is very friendly, the facility neat and clean even though the hotel was very busy. The staff works hard to provide every service, including a nicely prepared coffee at the coffee bar. Another difference is the layout of the room. I really liked having a couch in the living room area. The small refrigerator and sink were great for snacks. Wi-fi was free and fast.

Breakfast was also a lot different. There were different hot meals each morning, and some creative egg, cheese, bacon combinations. We appreciated the greek yogurt and fresh fruit. We didn't have a chance to use the pool or workout room, but they looked inviting.

We easily drove to Annapolis for dinner as well as visiting family in the Washington, D.C. suburbs. Great location.

Hyatt Place has won me over, thanks.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RobinBeth
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the service and amenities we offer. I hope you will be returning soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The hotel is in a great location if you are visiting the Baltimore, Annapolis or DC area. We also went to the nearby Casino one evening. If you are visiting D.C, you can get the shuttle bus to the commuter train and avoid the driving and parking hassle. Besides a great location, this hotel had some unique features which made it a better experience than the usual. I Arrived from BWI late at night, got the complimentary shuttle to the hotel where I was greeted by a genuinely helpful front desk staff. I was able to get a hot tea at the little café/bar to take upstairs. It was also a nice spot for a snack or glass of wine or other drink, especially if you are traveling alone. The room was fine and the pool looked larger than the usual but I did not have time to swim this trip . The breakfast was very good – a good selection of fresh options. They had complimentary newspapers. Everyone from the shuttle bus driver, front desk and breakfast cooking staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: A suite with a pull-out bed was good for my family of 3 adults.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for your review and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'm happy that the service and amenities made your trip enjoyable and hope you will be returning soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Excellent choice for a Hotel stay in BWI area!
Small Suite room with HUGE HDTV and separate Office area.
Best value for the money.
Its close to the Airport (7 minutes) and you dont hear the planes.
The rooms are spacious and you get a refrigerator.
The breakfast is Free and adequate.

Room Tip: There is no Spa
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be returning soon.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times for work. The beds are comfortable and they have a nice breakfast. Also the staff are very nice.
Now for the cons: my first room had an a/c unit (those big ones in the wall below the window) that could not cool the room, and on the 2nd night, when it got humid outside and it had to work harder, it SMELLED. That, coupled with an ignored request to clean out the drains in both the bathroom and bathtub, induced me to request another room. They complied and my 2nd room has working drains and an a/c unit that doesn't stink, but it still cannot cool the room. The 2 hairs left in the tub made me a little sad. The bathroom floor tiles are white but totally stained with dirt (in both rooms). In this room, there is no available plug at the work desk. And the ELEVATORS thump, jump, jam, and do not have inspection placards posted.
On to the beds. They have good mattresses and pillows but some of the pillows smelled sweaty despite the clean pillow cases. Also the decorative pillows smell. I have no idea how a housekeeper could vet a pillow but it's gross to smell some stranger's sweaty head.
The broadband is a little worse than the other BWI hotels, which are generally poor. One night I gave up trying to pay my bills,
I am breaking up with the Hyatt.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and I am very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We work very hard to ensure everyone has a pleasant stay. I am sorry we fell short and will be sure all the items you listed are shared and addressed.
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed 11 September 2013

the Hyatt was very nice the front desk staff was very helpful, the food they have to severe was good. the shuttle drivers was very friendly I love that they have snacks that you can buy and take it up to your room, you really don't have to leave the hotel much they a small bar to have drinks and you can order food 24 hrs a day that was nice. I would stay here a again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your positive review. I am happy to hear the shuttle and food and beverage options made your stay enjoyable and hope you will be staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I recently stayed here with my mother, sister, and two small nephews. The front desk staff was very professional and accomodating. The only issue I had with customer service while here was a rude housekeeping person who had a bad attittude. I brought this to the attention of the front desk and they were sincerely apologetic, which was very nice. The woman who runs the continental breakfast was VERY friendly and helpful :) The lifeguard at the pool was wonderful and friendly. The pre-printed directions they had ready for guests to various places of interest were very convenient. My nephews LOVED the apples available in the lobby! Overall we had a very nice stay and will definetly be back the next time we're in Baltimore!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor due to traveling with small kids and wanting to be close to the pool. I...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I apologize for the interaction with the housekeeper but I'm happy that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. I hope you will choose to stay with us on your next trip to Baltimore.